Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    But they are not. The are not being held responsible and they are ruining peoples lives

- - - Updated - - -

There was literally no victim. Go watch it?
    So, what is he accused of doing? I only know of his tepid defense of Weinstein.

You should hold those people accountable, then.

10+ Year Old Account
    This movement has nothing to do with me, so I can't really say much more than, If you are innocent, you have nothing to worry about. If you are accused, prove your innocence in court, and counter sue for emotional and financial damages the trial caused.

Aside from that, #metoo isn't even on my radar since I am a good person, and treat people with respect.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    No you can’t and that isn’t on the victim nor should it be a thought before coming forward. Which is why some didn’t and many are speaking up and saying #metoo now don’t wait go to the police.
    Yes, i can, and saying anything else has nothing to do at all with any sort of justice. That you like kangaroo courts that is fine, we do not like them. So, go to the police or shut the fuck up, twitter isn't the place to go with this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, what is he accused of doing? I only know of his tepid defense of Weinstein.

You should hold those people accountable, then.
    Read my op?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Yes, i can, and saying anything else has nothing to do at all with any sort of justice. That you like kangaroo courts that is fine, we do not like them. So, go to the police or shut the fuck up, twitter isn't the place to go with this.
    No you can say what you want it’s a free country and they don’t have to shut up. You have a problem with people socially judging others look in the mirror. I don’t care who you think it hurts.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    No you can say what you want it’s a free country and they don’t have to shut up. You have a problem with people socially judging others look in the mirror. I don’t care who you think it hurts.
    No you can't say what ever you want, there is such a thing as defamation, you know, saying stuff without being able to back it up, like the lot of #metoo.
    Again, i don't care that you like kangaroo courts, the rest of the world do not.

It has always been useless, and quite frankly should be illegal.

If you have been a victim of crime that is a job for the police and the courts, where (hopefully) only pure evidence can lead to a conclusion.

Metoo is just a "witch hunt" mob that accuses random people (men usually) of crimes without providing any proof of those crimes.

And for whatever idiotic reasons people are clinging to the retarded concept of "victim is always right even if there is 0 evidence".

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.
    Defamation and baseless slander is against the law in any civilized country.
    Stop the hysterical witch hunts...

10+ Year Old Account
    No one is saying that they should "hold off" going to the police, we are saying that you should not ruin someones life without having any evidence.
    I'm sorry, but it's up to the cops to collect the evidence. Not the victims. The cops make the arrest when THEY have enough evidence. And part of the issue is that the cops aren't doing their job.

It's like a cop is literally going into a ransacked house with things broken and stolen and saying "I'm not dusting for prints. No point. None of this is real. Also, how were you dressed when you were supposedly robbed? Yeah, that doesn't sound real to me."

Part of this is to get the cops to do their job and fully investigate accusations. You want due process, start demanding that cops do their freaking jobs and getting the innocent people off the hook and getting the guilty people into the system. And likewise, if someone is proven innocent, get the person making false charges in trouble.

If cops did their jobs and took this shit seriously, this wouldn't be such an issue.

There's a few states with backlogs of rape kits they haven't tested because they can't be bothered. There's the evidence. Cops just aren't bothering to move forward with these cases because a possible rapist might experience backlash and the cops would rather protect the reputation of a possible rapist over getting justice for the person who is making the accusation.

15+ Year Old Account
    So does Page Six, so does TMZ. You having a problem with a moment you disagree with isn’t the end of the world. Go use Gabi then lol.

By the way Scott Baio ruined his own life and for the record I believe Nicole Eggart.
    and i despise tmz.....i couldnt care less about scott baio hes been a known womanizer for years, but yet no1 did anything about it until now...

Not only is it useless from day 1, the only people who support it are vapid twitter users - people that value their self worth in number of subscribers or followers or likes. Ask yourself an honest question - if a man approached one of these women or men and said he'd give them a multi million dollar role in a big movie and all they had to do was suck his dick, do you think they would turn it down? Honestly ask yourself this. Your answer will be "no, they won't turn it down."

#MeToo is trying to have your cake and eat it too. They happily agreed to suck dick or whatever it was to get their multi million dollar roles and now, years, decades later when they've accrued so much money that they no longer have the looming threat of having to.. *gasp* work a peasant job, they're suddenly finding the balls to call people out with zero evidenced attached. I guess it helps that doing this also has every washed up 'news' outlet on the planet looking to throw you money for an interview.

Double dipping, much?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post
    I'm sorry, but it's up to the cops to collect the evidence. Not the victims. The cops make the arrest when THEY have enough evidence. And part of the issue is that the cops aren't doing their job.

It's like a cop is literally going into a ransacked house with things broken and stolen and saying "I'm not dusting for prints. No point. None of this is real. Also, how were you dressed when you were supposedly robbed? Yeah, that doesn't sound real to me."

Part of this is to get the cops to do their job and fully investigate accusations. You want due process, start demanding that cops do their freaking jobs and getting the innocent people off the hook and getting the guilty people into the system. And likewise, if someone is proven innocent, get the person making false charges in trouble.

If cops did their jobs and took this shit seriously, this wouldn't be such an issue.

There's a few states with backlogs of rape kits they haven't tested because they can't be bothered. There's the evidence. Cops just aren't bothering to move forward with these cases because a possible rapist might experience backlash and the cops would rather protect the reputation of a possible rapist over getting justice for the person who is making the accusation.
    Bull shit, yes its up to the cops to gather evidence. But when there isn't any then the story doesn't seem to hold any water.

And i know everyone is all paranoid about the so called "victim blaming", but guess what, if someone broke into your home while you didn't lock it then you are also to blame, and the cops will tell you this. Only when its about rape its all of a sudden "victim blaming", weird huh, that it only happens in one crime and one crime alone.

Cops do take this seriously, but when there isn't any evidence then there isn't much for them to do. You can't go around throwing people in jail because someone said so, and nothing else.

And right... cops totally are on the lookout for the well being off rapist... what the fuck have you been drinking??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post

Campaign for that then? Campaign for cops taking rape seriously? I dont get the problem here. Defamation is pretty much what MeToo is about now instead of actually dealing with the problem a lot of random possibly innocent and actually innocent people get hit by it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    and i despise tmz.....i couldnt care less about scott baio hes been a known womanizer for years, but yet no1 did anything about it until now...
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...term=WOMANIZER

Not the best of traits really but hardly anything to be punnished for?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    we are saying that you should not ruin someones life without having any evidence.
    That's a very easy stance to take when you have never been the victim in the shitty system. Given that the status quo has always been that perpetrators of sexual abuse are protected by concepts like "innocent until proven guilty" anyone with any kind of empathy should be able to understand the justice in being able to ruin a guilty person's life even if they're clever enough to ensure that there is no evidence.

Objectively, if #MeToo results in more people being spared becoming the victims of sexual abuse than innocent people becoming the victims of slander, then overall the world is a better place with it than without. I am not trying to argue that #MeToo is all good, simply that it is an improvement on what there was before. Importantly, the appropriate response to #MeToo is not to cry about how it's creating new victims as an argument to revert to how things were before #MeToo, but rather to find better ways to ensure that actual guilty people are brought to justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

If you have been a victim of crime that is a job for the police and the courts, where (hopefully) only pure evidence can lead to a conclusion.

Metoo is just a "witch hunt" mob that accuses random people (men usually) of crimes without providing any proof of those crimes.

And for whatever idiotic reasons people are clinging to the retarded concept of "victim is always right even if there is 0 evidence".

Free markets and free speech should be illegal? That's an interesting concept... No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Not only is it useless from day 1, the only people who support it are vapid twitter users - people that value their self worth in number of subscribers or followers or likes. Ask yourself an honest question - if a man approached one of these women or men and said he'd give them a multi million dollar role in a big movie and all they had to do was suck his dick, do you think they would turn it down? Honestly ask yourself this. Your answer will be "no, they won't turn it down."

#MeToo is trying to have your cake and eat it too. They happily agreed to suck dick or whatever it was to get their multi million dollar roles and now, years, decades later when they've accrued so much money that they no longer have the looming threat of having to.. *gasp* work a peasant job, they're suddenly finding the balls to call people out with zero evidenced attached. I guess it helps that doing this also has every washed up 'news' outlet on the planet looking to throw you money for an interview.

Double dipping, much?
    I have less than ten twitter followers (and I'm certain they're bots). I support it. I've also been a victim of rape, and sexual interference and threats. My rape happened when I was too young to understand let alone know who to tell or that it was safe to tell when I'd been threatened not to.

You're missing the point that someone in authority who asks someone to suck their dick for favors is a fucking criminal. Whether or not people took him up on it, which MOST OF THESE WOMEN DID NOT, has nothing to do with his being a fucking criminal.

The women who went along with it were terrified. This was their LIVELIHOOD at stake. They need to eat. To work. Because it was a threat - sleep with me or never have a job again. (Courtney Love was thrown under a bus for speaking up - and yeah SHE NEVER WORKED IN HOLLYWOOD AGAIN.) Making a choice that saves your life doesn't mean you weren't a victim. It also doesn't mean that the person making that threat didn't commit a crime.

"He had a gun to my head, so I gave him my wallet!"

"Well, that's not a crime! You could have said no! You could have fought back! All I'm seeing is someone asking for your wallet and you going along with it. You obviously benefitted from it because you LIVED, didn't you? He got something, YOU got something!"

You're a creep for thinking that their going along with a threat is okay because they didn't have their careers ruined and that was enough of a "benefit" to outweigh the crime.
    Last edited by Dembai; 2018-03-06 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

As if police cares about sexual harassment or sexual assault.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    That's a very easy stance to take when you have never been the victim in the shitty system. Given that the status quo has always been that perpetrators of sexual abuse are protected by concepts like "innocent until proven guilty" anyone with any kind of empathy should be able to understand the justice in being able to ruin a guilty person's life even if they're clever enough to ensure that there is no evidence.

Objectively, if #MeToo results in more people being spared becoming the victims of sexual abuse than innocent people becoming the victims of slander, then overall the world is a better place with it than without. I am not trying to argue that #MeToo is all good, simply that it is an improvement on what there was before. Importantly, the appropriate response to #MeToo is not to cry about how it's creating new victims as an argument to revert to how things were before #MeToo, but rather to find better ways to ensure that actual guilty people are brought to justice.
    It is the only stance to have, anything else is not justice, it is a witch hunt. Innocent until proven guilty wasn't invented to ensure rapist could go free, it ensures that everyone gets a fair treatment, until #metoo that is. With #metoo there isn't any need for evidence.

#Metoo doesn't do shit, it doens't help anyone the only thing it does is slander. If you call a witch hunt an improvement then i really can not take you seriously.

As with everything, if you do not want to become part of something then it is up to you not to get involved into that something.

Read my op?
    I agree with many of the things Damon said, and I also disagree with a few things. Once again, he should be free to speak his mind, good for him. The people speaking out against him should also be free to speak their minds. That is exactly how free speech and the free markets should operate. In the end, the most powerful form of speech is with money.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Campaign for that then? Campaign for cops taking rape seriously? I dont get the problem here. Defamation is pretty much what MeToo is about now instead of actually dealing with the problem a lot of random possibly innocent and actually innocent people get hit by it
    I find this attitude of yours (evident throughout the thread) to be somewhat smug.

The simple fact is that people who have been in positions of power and influence have failed since forever to bother to campaign for these things, yet now they want to complain when the victims have found a way to fight back that might result in collateral damage.

I am not denying that #MeToo has created its own innocent victims, and I am not defending that at all. What I am saying is that it is a consequence of people (mostly powerful men) failing to care about the victims (mostly women) when it's not us. The fact is that it is simple human nature to act in our own best interests ahead of the best interests of others. Instead of shitting all over #MeToo, maybe we should be looking at why it happened in the first place, and the address the very problem that our society has always had.

looks around... does not see any African American or women in this thread.