Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Exactly, and proving grounds did squat as players who did get through it still did dumb stuff in dungeons.. In other words it didn't stop the bad players from still playing bad..
    Right. And worse, it frustrated certain kinds of players. I bet the stats showed it was a net negative for player retention. Little upside, significant downside.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    the problem with proving ground was that it put your ilvl to a certain amount and a few classes were just really bad/good at that point, not to mention that most shit in proving grounds does not help you at all to understand dungeons
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Right. And worse, it frustrated certain kinds of players. I bet the stats showed it was a net negative for player retention. Little upside, significant downside.
    Pretty much I myself found it difficult on classes that had sucky AOE.. My hunter and DK romped through it but my druid, shaman and mage had a hard time with it.. Was so glad when the got rid of it..

10+ Year Old Account
    Endless 20 is way harder than heroics ever have been

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    the problem with proving ground was that it put your ilvl to a certain amount and a few classes were just really bad/good at that point, not to mention that most shit in proving grounds does not help you at all to understand dungeons
    Exactly, proving grounds really did nothing to help out in dungeons..

When I came back to the game in late MoP, I had absolutely no idea how to play my Warlock (with the class overhaul and all) and almost quit because it was so overwhelming. Found out about the Proving Grounds and just spammed them for days trying to get the Gold achievement, when I finally got it, I was very comfortable with my rotations and knowledge of Destro. Went on to be a 90+% parsing mythic raider in WoD, and I credit a lot of that to me spending all of that time in the Proving Grounds when I first came back (and a good bit to the Green Fire scenario too).

They should really find a way to expand on the Proving Grounds, whether that be requiring Gold for LFG/LFR or making it into an engaging bit of worthwhile solo content, it's a very solid idea and I was sad to see it abandoned in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering i have done a ton of PUG content in Legion and have only on a few occasions had someone performing so terribly that i had to kick them, i think this request is idiotic. Proving Grounds really don't teach anything at all meaningful to clear dungeons. Also some classes are just easier to do Endless than others. Plus not all players are going to be good, or to your standard. The game is home to tons of players of varying skills, so purposely alienating them so you can save 5 minutes in a dungeon is a terrible move.

If you require a certain standard of play, dont use any group creation tools, just make your own damn group.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarsoman View Post
    They should really find a way to expand on the Proving Grounds, whether that be requiring Gold for LFG/LFR or making it into an engaging bit of worthwhile solo content, it's a very solid idea and I was sad to see it abandoned in Legion.
    Mage tower filled that niche this expansion.

Anyway, the OP's idea is obviously very dumb. The fraction of players that can do endless +20 must be very small. Instead of implementing this, they could just fire the dev team and put the game into maintenance; it would achieve much the same result for Blizzard and would be cheaper too.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2018-03-06 at 03:08 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Play with friends, find a guild, don't force requirements on other plays because you cba to run a tiny dungeon with a few hiccups.
    ~~Calm Down~~

I have seen people like you OP, on ulduar TW LFG there was someone who asked for PG waves achieve for an invite, he was alone in the group btw.

If you want to fix leechers in LFR- just have the game autokick AFK players in LFR the same way it does in BGs.

Imposing Proving Ground requirements isn't going to do anything, nor is it going to teach anyone how to play their class. Some classes could breeze through all trials on a single spec, some specs could barely complete their primary role (here's looking at you MoP Holy Priest).

The only people that would have anything to gain from this are the people selling piloted boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    And that's the core issue these days.

If you're so allergic to failure that you can't stand the thought of it, and need for Blizzard to implement failsafe mechanics to protect your fragile state, then stop using automated tools and build your own groups with whatever asinine rules you want to impose.

You still might fail though, so perhaps best to just stick with single player games.
    and his cheat codes.

seriously, there is zero need for proving grounds for LFD / LFR. none.

If the OP is having honest serious trouble in heroic dungeons via LFG (which are basically soloable by literally any class with even a modicum of gear these days), he himself wouldn't pass Endless 20 (or likely even Silver for that matter), so .... not sure what he is hoping to achieve here.

It achieves nothing.
    Look what the requirement for random heroics in WoD achieved ?
    NOTHING.

Another attempt to avoid acknowledging the real reason that players suck in group content.
    Because they never get the opportunity to learn.
    Rushing and overstepping roles, like dps trying to dictate the pulls.

Let someone fail at their job, so they can learn to do better.
    Someone who has never failed has never done anything.
    If you fail to let people actually do things, then they can never learn how to do it better.
    Proving grounds do not provide anything close to a dungeon experience, and never will.

No artificial scenario is going to give a player that dungeon experience that is dictated by real players.
    Because real players do not follow a script.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2018-03-06 at 03:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Oh yes, excellent idea. Might I also suggest another queue, where you have to first finish the dungeone in practice mode, it gives no loot and after that you can queue for the real dungeon!

First of all, I hope you enjoy long queues because most new/returning players probably don't even know Proving Grounds exists.

Secondly, even if that were a good idea, the proving grounds are trivial right now with artifact abilities and legendaries. They haven't been updated since WoD and simply scale with your ilvl. I went in and one shot wave 34 on my warlock before quitting because I had places to be. In WoD, this was decently hard to do and took me 20+ attempts per endless challenge to get the titles. Better require wave 60+ so that it can simulate how much time you'll waste in an LFR sitting without any loot drops.

And onto the topic of this being a good idea: it isn't. Making players jump through pointless hoops to do dungeons just drives them away from the game. Proving Grounds doesn't teach you anything that you can't learn from doing dungeons.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Back in wod we had an amazing system where you had to complete silver proving grounds in order to queue for randoms. This system never worked in distinguishing who knew their class and who didn't because silver was too easy. You could literally go to proving grounds and get to gold after playing wow for 5 minutes. Because of this, Blizzard seemed to have thrown away with the system.

With the influx of players using the dungeon finder, we know have an all time high of inexperienced players who frankly have no idea what their doing. I believe in order to improve the system that Blizzard has originally featured in wod, we should expand on that system and raise the requirements to +20 endless.

I believe this is the route we need to take to improve the dungeon finder problems.

Thoughts?
    Well since back in Vanilla WOW there has been something called ignore, and you sir would be on it.

while leveling I have more issue with vets just afking their alts for half the dungeon

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd take 1-2 wipes every week then have 1hr ques for just a daily heroic, so no thank you.