Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    do kirby games have a story?
    Kick that stupid tree's ass and then enjoy the rest of the ride. Something about saving the world in there too I believe.

Kirby has a "story".

It's just the same story in each game with a new gimmick attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    For pokemon, I'd love our character to react instead of standing there with a big dumb smile in every scene
    There are a few cutscenes where the main character does emote, specifically the scene at the beginning where you save Nebby from Spearow and Tapu Koko saves the both of you, and the first time you see Nihilego at Aether Paradise.

But yeah, it's no exaggeration the protagonist smiles outside of 4 or 5 cutscenes in game.

It's kinda like Kingdom Hearts or Xenoblade, where you have your high quality cutscenes where the characters emote and them the lower quality ones where they use stock animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Kirby has a "story".

It's just the same story in each game with a new gimmick attached.
    You pick things up and put them down as you listen to another green-greens remix. It is your power. Your pleasure. Your pain.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...intendo-switch
    Sources: Yes, Diablo 3 is coming to Nintendo Switch
    Last week, Blizzard set tongues wagging with an apparent tease for a Diablo game on Nintendo Switch. The image - of a Diablo night light being repeatedly switched on and off - felt fairly deliberate.

But then, after hours of fan excitement, an official response emerged from within Blizzard apparently designed to dampen down the flames: "As of now, we do not have any current plans to announce Diablo for Switch," a spokesperson told us.
    So, what's going on? Well, while Blizzard makes its mind up, Eurogamer sources have told us that yes - the project is very much in production. And as you might expect, the game will be a port of Diablo 3.

Our sources could not confirm whether the game's Reaper of Souls and Rise of the Necromancer expansions will be included - but at this point it would be surprising if they were not.

In its earlier statement, pouring cold water on the rumours, Blizzard described the Twitter post as simply "a fun engagement piece". Eurogamer sources with knowledge of the project told me they were surprised to see it, as the game's announcement remains several months off.

So, what did happen last week? It feels like a none-too-subtle social media tease blew up larger than expected - and while Blizzard often encourages speculation about its upcoming releases, Nintendo typically does not.
    When contacted for this report, a Blizzard spokesperson told me the company had no new statement to add.
    Take with a grain of salt, But the funny part is if true it will be the definitive version since it will have the DLC in a physical release and portable.

Will be highly annoyed if it runs less then 1080p/60 docked and 720p/60 undocked. The game is old and can run on a toaster.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...intendo-switch

Take with a grain of salt, But the funny part is if true it will be the definitive version since it will have the DLC in a physical release and portable.

Will be highly annoyed if it runs less then 1080p/60 docked and 720p/60 undocked. The game is old and can run on a toaster.
    It better run at 60 at 1080P.

If the PS3/360 versions can then this can. Although PS3 version does dip to 50 from what I remember.

But this should have no trouble with 60 FPS at 1080P.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

If the PS3/360 versions can then this can. Although PS3 version does dip to 50 from what I remember.

Blizzard has done solid ports so I would be surprised if it didn't, But will be annoyed if it does run worse. (I do expect some fps dips but not many or big ones).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Blizzard has done solid ports so I would be surprised if it didn't, But will be annoyed if it does run worse. (I do expect some fps dips but not many or big ones).
    There should be no FPS dips at all. It's powerful enough to hold a solid 60 docked and in handheld.

There should be no FPS dips at all. It's powerful enough to hold a solid 60 docked and in handheld.
    Shouldn't be but some games have proven The Switch has a fit when there is a lot of shit on screen. So the only area I expect any dips is high rift area's, due to the amount of monsters and effects going off. The rest of the game should be rock solid.

They only got 3GB of Ram and a shit CPU to work with.

Shouldn't be but some games have proven The Switch has a fit when there is a lot of shit on screen. So the only area I expect any dips is high rift area's, due to the amount of monsters and effects going off. The rest of the game should be rock solid.

They only got 3GB of Ram and a shit CPU to work with.
    CPU is more than enough.

360 had 512MB of RAM and PS3 had 256 (yes it had another 256 but that was for background tasks) and they ran it fine.

The Switch can handle it easily.

Considering how well Blizzard have done with porting games to consoles as you said there shouldn't be any issues.

CPU is more than enough.

360 had 512MB of RAM and PS3 had 256 (yes it had another 256 but that was for background tasks) and they ran it fine.

The Switch can handle it easily.

Considering how well Blizzard have done with porting games to consoles as you said there shouldn't be any issues.
    Oh I don't disagree, I'm just saying if there was any that's the area it would be in. I expect it to be a solid port, Not one I would drop $60 on tho.

Also what will make it more definitive if the fact you won't be able to cheat on it like you can with the XB1/PS4 Versions.

One should think so, but I tried to play it on my work laptop, and it's not playable. It's laggy as shit. I can play WoW fine, and even Overwatch @30 fps. Now, these are all different game engines, so I'm sure it will work out fine for the switch, but still I find that to be very odd.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    One should think so, but I tried to play it on my work laptop, and it's not playable. It's laggy as shit. I can play WoW fine, and even Overwatch @30 fps. Now, these are all different game engines, so I'm sure it will work out fine for the switch, but still I find that to be very odd.
    Then ur laptop is older than a toaster

It ran on last gen systems at 60fps and people even got it running on single core CPU's at release. There is no reason for it to not be a solid port.

Anything less than 8k and the game is a complete failure!

And also, atleast 144fps, totally unplayable otherwise.

Skickat från min F8331 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mrgibb View Post

Not really.

I expect a game that could do 60 FPS previous gen to be able to do 60 FPS at a better resolution on a current gen/more powerful system. I see no reason why the Switch couldn't.

But sure that makes me fixated on the resolution/fps...
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-06 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgibb View Post

So ur ok with a game running worse on current hardware than it did on 12 year old hardware.

Still waiting on that Mother 3 release Eurogamer claimed was imminent on Wii U and later on Switch...

So ur ok with a game running worse on current hardware than it did on 12 year old hardware.
    Well yea. So long as it's playable. Having something dip between 50 and 60 fps doesn't render something unplayable, unless you're actually retarded.

Wait, are we claiming Diablo 3 was 1080p on 360/PS3 because that was certainly not the case.

But for both PS3 and 360 versions the reality is that the game runs at a native 1120x584
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...blo-3-face-off

Also the Xbox One version had trouble hitting 1080/60 and didn't manage to do a good job of it until MS freed up more resources in an console software update around the same time the game launched. Ya'll can check out the DF videos on the XBO version if you want.

So yea, it's definitely NOT hitting 1080/60 on Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Wait, are we claiming Diablo 3 was 1080p on 360/PS3 because that was certainly not the case.
    Ya I never claimed it did, Just that it hit the 60fps mark most of the time (with some dips).

The game can do 1080p/60 on Switch they would just need to dial back the effects and details. Wouldn't be surprised if Docked its 720 or 900p tho, But 60FPS should be a must.

I could see 720p just to match portable mode.