Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Right, that disproves their supposition. It doesn’t support it. They are claiming Nvidia and AMD are jacking up prices because of mining. Thanks for helping to disprove their theory though.
    It's really both, the increase in MSRP is because of the manufacturing price going up, but the increase price from the stores (which are way above MSRP) is mostly because of supply and demand "problems" created by miners buying every card they can get their hands on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Milk it good !
    I am so glad i bought my GTX 1080 just before the miner boom.
    Yup, got my 1080 in October for $560 (normal price), now it's $1200.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Yup, got my 1080 in October for $560 (normal price), now it's $1200.
    1200$ damn....... It's "only" 900$ here in Denmark, but not in stock until 17/3 and that date is not comfirmed

Glad i got my card last month for 775$. It's now 1000$ if you buy it where it is in stock
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

The MSI Seahawk (with a Waterblock) GTX 1080 is atm one of the cheapest 1080s in germany.
    Soon a costum waterloop will cost the same amount as air cooled PC Xp.

So looking forward to the launch whenever it is so I can max out my credit cards and resale the cards for a profit=D GO GO Miners! I mean I bought a Fury year and a half ago. For 230 dollars resold it for 260 dollars a year later =D.

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    1200$ damn....... It's "only" 900$ here in Denmark, but not in stock until 17/3 and that date is not comfirmed

Glad i got my card last month for 775$. It's now 1000$ if you buy it where it is in stock
    GTX 1080 for $664 (it will fluctuate a little bit depending on the exchange rate) https://www.komplett.se/product/9177...-1080-dual-oc#
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2018-03-04 at 08:17 AM.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Mainly anything that has any compute capability over 3 gb's is expensive.

Milk it. Nvidia have forgotten that their first customer are the gamers. They are not doing enough to stop the crytominers rush to the GPU cards. Why release new GPU cards when gamers are not even getting the current GPUs easily? Then can milk this situation for another 2 years EASILY.

The only way to stop this shit:
    AMD gets a better GPU in the market.
    NVIDIA / AMD make a cryptomining specific card that miners cannot do without.
    Release new NVIDIA cards.

If ALL fails: gamers boycott. but fat chance...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    GTX 1080 for $664 (it will fluctuate a little bit depending on the exchange rate) https://www.komplett.se/product/9177...-1080-dual-oc#
    But not in stock untill 1/4-2018 and the date is not confirmed, so alot can happen with the price. so you have to order now, to get the low prices and then wait for it to get in stock.

It's the same with Komplett.dk and others. The dates keeps getting pushed and the prices goes up and up and when they get them in stock the price is up to 900/1000$

- - - Updated - - -

The Palit GeForce GTX 1080 Dual OC is actually in stock here in Denmark for 700$

https://www.computersalg.dk/i/330935...gn=PriceRunner
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    But not in stock untill 1/4-2018 and the date is not confirmed, so alot can happen with the price. so you have to order now, to get the low prices and then wait for it to get in stock.

It's the same with Komplett.dk and others. The dates keeps getting pushed and the prices goes up and up and when they get them in stock the price is up to 900/1000$

- - - Updated - - -

The Palit GeForce GTX 1080 Dual OC is actually in stock here in Denmark for 700$

https://www.computersalg.dk/i/330935...gn=PriceRunner
    That is actually over $700 with todays exchange rate. http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/...rom=DKK&To=USD

These prices are crazy and I'm not buying... I'm glad that I got my second-hand GTX 970 for about $266 some years ago.
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2018-03-04 at 09:09 AM.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

15+ Year Old Account
    All the cheap Palit cards are allready gone and it is up at 1000$ now

That was DAMN quick

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really surprised by this tbh. I'm glad my 1080ti will still be considered a ToTL card for a little while longer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Milk it. Nvidia have forgotten that their first customer are the gamers. They are not doing enough to stop the crytominers rush to the GPU cards. Why release new GPU cards when gamers are not even getting the current GPUs easily? Then can milk this situation for another 2 years EASILY.

The only way to stop this shit:
    AMD gets a better GPU in the market.
    NVIDIA / AMD make a cryptomining specific card that miners cannot do without.
    Release new NVIDIA cards.

I don't mind tbh. It will force developers to actually start optimizing their games instead of ignoring it because "new GPUs are around the corner"

This makes me happy

As far as I'm aware they don't see any increased profits from the increased prices. The retailers do.
    You can pretty much bet that the manufacturers have raised prices to the distributors.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Yeah, gamers are the best clients - you can shit on them, fuck them so hard, and they will come back for more.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Care to link some evidence that the manufacturers have increased their wholesale prices?
    Look at the pricing on the EVGA site where they sell direct and compare those to the MSRP prices.

Apparently I should have included the part where I was speaking about it being due to mining. Their costs have gone up because the costs of materials has gone up, as described by the article linked later in the thread. Welcome to the thread, by the way.
    Exactly.

I don't really get why all people is completely out on miners when no one considers the fact there's an hefty shortage of chips for RAM/flash memory/GPU overall (IIRC Hynix production facility went into a big fire and lost a lot of the machinery).

Yes, miners are scanning and grabbing all cards everywhere keeping prices high and stock next to zero. But the actual cause of pricing increase is the 25/30$ increase on manufacturing cost due to materials shortage - and this is applied before anything else. Add to this all the usual XY% that happens in every step of the chain and you get current prices, which retailers like to have spiked up since offer is at its lowest while demand is kept high by miners.

It's not just "BOOHOOOO NVIDIA AND AMD ARE BAD AND GREEDY". They're paying more to produce cards and they're making less because of components shortage. Add to this that miners grab out everything and you end with this situation. All while the rest of gaming-related stuff is left there because miners don't care about it and gamers won't buy a 144hz monitor to use with an old GPU.

Prices won't change for a quite long time because there are new factories literally being built up to meet the increased demand (and it's not just GPUs, look at SSDs, smartphons or anything tha uses a flash memeory - the production lines are the same for everythin, even if chips are different). Samsung is building an entire new facility (LINK) but we're talking 2020 before everything runs flawlessly and at full speed.

Again, miners have their impact - but there's more that has a way bigger impact on the situation. Don't just jump and go all out "STUPID MINERS STEAL MY CARD THEY NEED TO MAKE MORE", because they simply cannot.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Exactly.

I don't really get why all people is completely out on miners when no one considers the fact there's an hefty shortage of chips for RAM/flash memory/GPU overall (IIRC Hynix production facility went into a big fire and lost a lot of the machinery).

Yes, miners are scanning and grabbing all cards everywhere keeping prices high and stock next to zero. But the actual cause of pricing increase is the 25/30$ increase on manufacturing cost due to materials shortage - and this is applied before anything else. Add to this all the usual XY% that happens in every step of the chain and you get current prices, which retailers like to have spiked up since offer is at its lowest while demand is kept high by miners.

It's not just "BOOHOOOO NVIDIA AND AMD ARE BAD AND GREEDY". They're paying more to produce cards and they're making less because of components shortage. Add to this that miners grab out everything and you end with this situation. All while the rest of gaming-related stuff is left there because miners don't care about it and gamers won't buy a 144hz monitor to use with an old GPU.

Prices won't change for a quite long time because there are new factories literally being built up to meet the increased demand (and it's not just GPUs, look at SSDs, smartphons or anything tha uses a flash memeory - the production lines are the same for everythin, even if chips are different). Samsung is building an entire new facility (LINK) but we're talking 2020 before everything runs flawlessly and at full speed.

Again, miners have their impact - but there's more that has a way bigger impact on the situation. Don't just jump and go all out "STUPID MINERS STEAL MY CARD THEY NEED TO MAKE MORE", because they simply cannot.
    Yeah you are wrong. Overall shortage takes the big impact and noone is complaining you dont get GPUs, you get a GPUs but they are high priced because of the high demand. The demand on RAM just took a flat 25-30$ increase on the GPUs price, also the SSDs are also near back to the pricing 2 years ago. I can buy the MX 500 500GB for 115€ here.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Yeah you are wrong. Overall shortage takes the big impact and noone is complaining you dont get GPUs, you get a GPUs but they are high priced because of the high demand. The demand on RAM just took a flat 25-30$ increase on the GPUs price, also the SSDs are also near back to the pricing 2 years ago. I can buy the MX 500 500GB for 115€ here.
    That's exactly because with less production lines available the most if used for flash memory chips (basically SSDs and smartphones, stuff that has a very high exchange rate). RAM and GPU have taken the bigger hit. Only that RAM isn't sought by miners while GPUs are.

You're getting all my post wrong. GPUs are highly priced because of the shortage and retailers are keeping prices high because of the increased demand. Again, miners have an impact on prices not going down, but the initial increase wasn't due to miners only.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.