Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to do PvP achievements in WoW now a days?

So, end of legion, and I think for many we run out of stuff to go for.

One thing Id like to do, well wanted to do since probably mid-MOP, was doing more BG achievements.

I got battlemaster back when Blizzard haven't ruined premade's in BG, so it was easy enough barring some crazy RNG once.

But to do pvp achievements now in 2015-2018 seems impossible hard. Can only group with 4 others, and the RNG on many Khan and similar achievements haven't gotten easier.

He'll even potentially farming Honor kill's for bloodthirsty doesn't seem doable.

I really just wish we could queue as 10, 15 or w/e, destroy some pugs, at times meet our own premades, and get shit done.

Also RIP community it seems to do this now a days, I feel like not many care at all anymore, and I think its because Blizzard ruined the sign up for premades back in 2012 or w/e, when anyone could get Battlemaster if they just put in time.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it has indeed become a pain to do BG achievements. As soon a BG was added, I tried to do all achievements as early as possible.

Finished my last Deepwind Gorge achivement early 2014, since then, I have all BG achivs ingame, luckely.

But, they are not impossible to do now, there are some really hard ones though, like the 1600-0 and speed wins in eye of the storm. Hardest might be "capture 4 carts in 1 deepwind game" and I still can't believe I got that one.

Blizzard make some really stupid decisions, and to remove premades was what made me quit PvP alltogether. I just do the achivs I can and never anything else.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

PvP achievements were done during WotlK

Deleted
    Some of them are outdated and were pretty much able to be done when facing a team of low geared players (they probably had this in mind) which with the templates it's a lot different. Like the difference between a 950 and an 850 is much smaller inside the bg's.

Deleted
    Some things seems impossible like 100 killed destroyers(?) on strands with the turrets (you do no dmg in them nowadays), killing someone with the glavie thrower and stuff like that. It sucks since im not done with Battlemaster

It is possible to get achivs with a twink (level 20, 40, etc)? some ones, like, carrying 3 flags in a row, i wondering if is easier, since in low levels people get less CC, what for me, is the bigger difficult in most achivs.

Deleted
    Hey I Was wondering the same thing like 3 days ago for exemple returning and capturing 9 flags in twin peaks... With 15 minutes it's kinda hard to do so.
    I think with scaling gear you cannot anymore roll over the team..
    How to win an alterac vallley within 7 minutes??

I think we will have to wait an update from blizzard...

Oh, forgot to reply back, thanks all I might try on an alt then, could hope it works better...Just wish pvp achievements we're able to be done in groups.

I'm glad I got a lot of them done during Wotlk, it does seem much harder to get them done nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JainasYellow View Post
    Hey I Was wondering the same thing like 3 days ago for exemple returning and capturing 9 flags in twin peaks... With 15 minutes it's kinda hard to do so.
    I think with scaling gear you cannot anymore roll over the team..
    How to win an alterac vallley within 7 minutes??

I think we will have to wait an update from blizzard...
    I got lucky and got Cloud9 in a premade, that let me do it, we let them grab some flags.

But I heard it might still also be doable the bug-way. I am not sure if I am allowed to post how it can be done on this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Oh, forgot to reply back, thanks all I might try on an alt then, could hope it works better...Just wish pvp achievements we're able to be done in groups.
    Most achivements are doable in a 5man group. Some are crazy hard even with 5mans, like winning AV speeded.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by internetheroxD View Post
    Some things seems impossible like 100 killed destroyers(?) on strands with the turrets (you do no dmg in them nowadays), killing someone with the glavie thrower and stuff like that. It sucks since im not done with Battlemaster
    You kind of screw your team over by sitting in those cannons that do no damage, but as long as you hit someone once and they die to something else, you will get credit for it.

With the glaive thrower one, you don't even need to attack anyone with it. You just need to keep the vehicle alive while your team kills 25 people within a certain range of you.

Queue for a BG and attempt the achievement?

I'm not PVP expert, and I'm not really too far with achievement progress in this area of the game (153/319), but everything I did was done solo in random bg queue. This includes Master of Eye of the Storm, Gilneas in 6 minutes, Arathi Basin 1600 to 0, Alterac in 6 minutes and more achievements considered undoable without a premade. All that on Alliance side too.

Yes, it is mostly luck but if you do many BGs you will eventually get most of it. If you do 500 BGs, you will probably even get one where the whole enemy team bugs out and doesn't load into the game thus giving you free roam around basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Queue for a BG and attempt the achievement?

I'm not PVP expert, and I'm not really too far with achievement progress in this area of the game (153/319), but everything I did was done solo in random bg queue. This includes Master of Eye of the Storm, Gilneas in 6 minutes, Arathi Basin 1600 to 0, Alterac in 6 minutes and more achievements considered undoable without a premade. All that on Alliance side too.

Yes, it is mostly luck but if you do many BGs you will eventually get most of it.
    I wonder if these achievements can be done in a war game? Probably not.

So, end of legion, and I think for many we run out of stuff to go for.

One thing Id like to do, well wanted to do since probably mid-MOP, was doing more BG achievements.

I got battlemaster back when Blizzard haven't ruined premade's in BG, so it was easy enough barring some crazy RNG once.

But to do pvp achievements now in 2015-2018 seems impossible hard. Can only group with 4 others, and the RNG on many Khan and similar achievements haven't gotten easier.

He'll even potentially farming Honor kill's for bloodthirsty doesn't seem doable.

I really just wish we could queue as 10, 15 or w/e, destroy some pugs, at times meet our own premades, and get shit done.

Also RIP community it seems to do this now a days, I feel like not many care at all anymore, and I think its because Blizzard ruined the sign up for premades back in 2012 or w/e, when anyone could get Battlemaster if they just put in time.

Hello please add me tokeer#2824

im also doing pvp achs

there is an addon qpop u can use to get enuf ppl in to same bg did alterac blitz with this addon last year we got like 35 ppl in to same av

It's a bloody nightmare let me tell you. I'm 5 achievements away from Battlemaster, 2 of which are 'rng' and I've been after them for 4 YEARS..

Resilient Victory (Overcome a 500 point deficit in AB to win..)
    Stormtrooper (5 flag carrier kills in one bg.)

I should add, the others are just grindy. I.e 100 SOTA wins.

but these two above.. I've had no luck with. I don't really play much with anyone other than my wife. so just the two of us.. trying to LET them pick up a flag.. let alone then kill them 5x.. is a nightmare. and just.. no chance. on AB.

I've even tried making reddit/forum posts offering pvpers hundreds of thousands of gold to help me get these two achievements.. (75k per achievement, per person.) but not found any help!
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    It's a bloody nightmare let me tell you. I'm 5 achievements away from Battlemaster, 2 of which are 'rng' and I've been after them for 4 YEARS..

Resilient Victory (Overcome a 500 point deficit in AB to win..)
    Stormtrooper (5 flag carrier kills in one bg.)

I should add, the others are just grindy. I.e 100 SOTA wins.

but these two above.. I've had no luck with. I don't really play much with anyone other than my wife. so just the two of us.. trying to LET them pick up a flag.. let alone then kill them 5x.. is a nightmare. and just.. no chance. on AB.

I've even tried making reddit/forum posts offering pvpers hundreds of thousands of gold to help me get these two achievements.. (75k per achievement, per person.) but not found any help!
    Thats what I've been afraid of :P It seems kinda impossible now.
    @Backtobasics Sorry mate but gimmicky addons that dont work, nor are probably legit...I just cba.

Quote Originally Posted by internetheroxD View Post
    These actually just have to die while you're on a turret, you don't have to actually kill them. You might have to damage them I'm not sure, but you definitely don't need the KB.

Thats what I've been afraid of :P It seems kinda impossible now.
    @Backtobasics Sorry mate but gimmicky addons that dont work, nor are probably legit...I just cba.
    qpop works and it is legal u can do the same even without the addon with a voice program just say when the q poped and if poped for all join

Quote Originally Posted by Backtobasics View Post
    qpop works and it is legal u can do the same even without the addon with a voice program just say when the q poped and if poped for all join
    Ehh works is a broad statement. The addon, as all the others like it over the years, are just a monitoring addon. It does not really do anything...Still cant sign as group, everyone has to install the damn thing (gl with pugs install addon...) and then its just pure luck if it works....Sign at same time etc etc

Deleted
    I did Khan back in 2016 during WoD with my mage, and it still felt easier and more consistent than some of the achievements mentioned above for Battlemaster (I don't have it and I can't imagine how it's possible to do some SotA ones or the 7 mins AV win).

I just can't ignore the fact that we have these "looks impossible to do" achievements in some of the older BG-s, and here is this Seething Shore where after 2 days I have only the 100 wins (I'm around 40) and the 25000 score achievements left for master.

I'm just farming honor currently to reach lvl25 before next expansion, so I myself looking for more efficient ways to get honor than doing BG achievements (some of them still happen randomly and it should work like that imo, just get them naturally as you follow the rules of the BG).
    Last edited by mmoc9aac36c166; 2018-03-07 at 11:15 AM.