Page 22 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PomPup View Post
    (sorry my Eng bad)
    Looking at this GIF, I remember how
    my friend's pet(corn snake (Pantherophis guttatus) . Tickled my ear when I took it on my shoulders.
    I imagine how Sethrak became acquainted with my paladin.
    Oh thats just too cute love the artwork.

and indeed snakes use their tongues for a lot of things wich is why I love the idle animation where they flick their tongues in and out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post

They have females.
    That's a good catch, but I do think it's still worth noting that 1) that specific model seems like a "boss model" given all the extra frills and spikes and whatnots 2) I think there'd be a bit more body distinction between males and females and 3) There still aren't any visible "customization" options like there are with the vulpera beyond skin color.

Not a slam dunk just yet.

Also, while I don't think that retrofitting helmets onto them is some "insurmountable problem" as some people describe, I don't think it's one that can be done without quite a bit of work fitting them around their heads properly; likely requiring model changes for all the helmets.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2018-03-06 at 07:22 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

My thought is never. I mean, look at the hype this race is generating. No matter which side they would give it too, the other would be ticked. From my point of view, both sides have a solid argument for it. Horde would be a good home for their nature and their tendency to eat living things. Alliance would be a good home since their food source isn't an ally to them then (assuming vulpera is horde).

I feel this is a double edged blade that the community created. They All love them. Both sides want them. Both would be Very disappointed without them.

The only compromise I can see is no one gets them, or everyone gets them.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    My thought is never. I mean, look at the hype this race is generating. No matter which side they would give it too, the other would be ticked. From my point of view, both sides have a solid argument for it. Horde would be a good home for their nature and their tendency to eat living things. Alliance would be a good home since their food source isn't an ally to them then (assuming vulpera is horde).

I feel this is a double edged blade that the community created. They All love them. Both sides want them. Both would be Very disappointed without them.

The alliance need another *ahem* "edgy" and, frankly, different, race to offset the fact that they've basically just been getting rote recolors of already-existing races that don't have any particularly unique lore or aesthetic. The Alliance could also use another "nature magic" race beyond just the night elves.

It's the contrast that makes it interesting with the Alliance. Sethrak on the horde just seem so... boring. "oh the faction with the cow people and the undead guys and the angry sharp-toothed green guys gets snakes too? Yeah, sure, whatever."
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2018-03-06 at 07:32 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    Oh thats just too cute love the artwork.

and indeed snakes use their tongues for a lot of things wich is why I love the idle animation where they flick their tongues in and out.
    I love reptiles. (my pets)
    I hope they will have a custom of geckos too.
    ("restytes" instead of horns, for example, and spotty colors.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The alliance need another *ahem* "edgy" and, frankly, different, race to offset the fact that they've basically just been getting rote recolors of already-existing races that don't have any particularly unique lore or aesthetic. The Alliance could also use another "nature magic" race beyond just the night elves.
    It's the contrast that makes it interesting with the Alliance. Sethrak on the horde just seem so... boring. "oh the faction with the cow people and the undead guys and the angry sharp-toothed green guys gets snakes too? Yeah, sure, whatever."
    I think its a great seg way for the Alliance to have a race that worships the Loa on their team as well as have a race that can explain wibbly wobbly Loa stuff to the Alliance, and have another druid race on their team as well.

And yea putting them on the Horde would be very predictable as well as boring, I imagine them being like the Lizards in Divinity 2 very snooty and uptight.
    As for the Helmets if they have the same work as the Worgen and Tauren helmets than I dont mind them being a little off.

The horde have been getting much the same treatment in terms of race. But, from a lore perspective, they would seem to be more accepted in the horde given their eating habits. Even so, I could see them wanting to go alliance just so they can keep eating the vulpera freely. Maybe. Them eating sentient creatures would be a hard sell for the alliance since they are all about the light.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    As for the Helmets if they have the same work as the Worgen and Tauren helmets than I dont mind them being a little off.
    The foreseeable issue, at least for me, is that the Sethrak's heads are much broader than the tauren and Worgen's heads are. So they couldn't just reuse the models made for the Tauren or worgen helmets.

Now from a modeling perspective it wouldn't be difficult to change the models to fit the Sethrak heads, but it would still take time... and considering there are hundreds and hundreds of unique helmet models in the game... that's all time some artist has to spend doing something that isn't making new models.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    The foreseeable issue, at least for me, is that the Sethrak's heads are much broader than the tauren and Worgen's heads are. So they couldn't just reuse the models made for the Tauren or worgen helmets.

Now from a modeling perspective it wouldn't be difficult to change the models to fit the Sethrak heads, but it would still take time... and considering there are hundreds and hundreds of unique helmet models in the game... that's all time some artist has to spend doing something that isn't making new models.
    Unless they resize the heads yea but I am not a 3d modeler so I would not know how much work would go into them I do know they have an armor less model to work off and they have the Loa goddess to work on for the Female one, I guess I should just remain cautiously optimistic and hope all the Sethrak fans unite to give them snek bois and girls some of the love they deserve.

I love reptiles. (my pets)
    I hope they will have a custom of geckos too.
    ("restytes" instead of horns, for example, and spotty colors.)
    They look very cute I always liked Geckos.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post

Simply not true. Look at Nightborne. Both sides wanted those and only one got them. People (Alliance) were upset for 3 weeks and now its not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    Simply not true. Look at Nightborne. Both sides wanted those and only one got them. People (Alliance) were upset for 3 weeks and now its not a big deal.
    I know people who are still upset and write about it.

(sorry my Eng bad)
    Looking at this GIF, I remember how
    my friend's pet(corn snake (Pantherophis guttatus) . Tickled my ear when I took it on my shoulders.
    I imagine how Sethrak became acquainted with my paladin.
    Aww, that's great! I love it!

Are they, though? They're flatter and a little narrower towards the snouts, but they don't seem especially broad to me. I have no experience whatsoever with modeling or character design, so I fully admit I'm out of my element here. I'm just having a hard time visualizing the problem as it's been explained so far.

Didn't they mention having new tech that let them fit armor onto new races easier at Blizzcon, too? Again, I have no clue how any of this stuff works, so I'll gladly defer to someone to who does.

to be quite honest I just want a playable reptilian race that's snakelike or crocodilian in nature. I've wanted naga forever because their art is absolutely amazing, but I would concede to sethrak just because it's really the big playable race we've been missing all this time. I've been a huge fan of orcs in wow and i've always loved the lore and universe since I was small. I've played all of the games and basically lived the universe but I would swap my over 13 year old orc to naga in a heartbeat regardless of which faction it is. Maybe even sethrak as well.

It also helps that turtles and watching steve irwin wrestle crocodiles was one of my favorite things ever growing up in the 90s
    Last edited by rasako; 2018-03-06 at 11:35 PM.

Honestly, players clearly lack the imagination of the developers if they believe that races will be discarded based on helmet fittings or "not wanting to attract furries" or whatever BS reasoning comes from the crowd of manchildren so desperate for WoW to be "badass and 100% free of Furry fandom!!!!111"...

Helmets look absolutely shit on several races already. When I played a Pandaren female, I didn't have a visible helmet for 2 years. Same with when I was playing female Tauren. If anything, they've got better tools it would seem to alter models these days to fit. The snek people could have helmet appearances show as a rather flat armor around their heads, keeping their eyes and mouth details in focus.

I 100% believe that if the playerbase shows enough interest, they could make the Sethrak available. My question would be: How OK would Alliance players be with having them? Someone should make a thread with a poll. My own threads tend to draw in the same old naysaying crowd...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-03-06 at 11:40 PM.

Sethrak would make a pretty awful playable race on so many levels. They aren't going to be playable and there's no need for them to be. Vulpera are vaguely possible, but even that's highly unlikely. Sethrak are not going to be playable.

Better to rally for a race that actually has a chance of being added than something random that is both difficult to put into the game and would have a very small playerbase, like Sethrak.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Sethrak would make a pretty awful playable race on so many levels. They aren't going to be playable and there's no need for them to be. Vulpera are vaguely possible, but even that's highly unlikely. Sethrak are not going to be playable.
    ahaahhahahhahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    ahaahhahahhahahaha
    Man, people are going to lose their shit with these ridiculously high expectations when vulpera don't end up playable.

"but... but... they have a sleeping animation!" This is basically the main argument for proof they are being added. Sorry, but this isn't even remotely enough evidence. Vulpera have a chance, but the higher your expectations with races like this, the harder the crash will be when you realize they aren't going to be playable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Honestly, players clearly lack the imagination of the developers if they believe that races will be discarded based on helmet fittings or "not wanting to attract furries" or whatever BS reasoning comes from the crowd of manchildren so desperate for WoW to be "badass and 100% free of Furry fandom!!!!111"...

Helmets look absolutely shit on several races already. When I played a Pandaren female, I didn't have a visible helmet for 2 years. Same with when I was playing female Tauren. If anything, they've got better tools it would seem to alter models these days to fit. The snek people could have helmet appearances show as a rather flat armor around their heads, keeping their eyes and mouth details in focus.

I 100% believe that if the playerbase shows enough interest, they could make the Sethrak available. My question would be: How OK would Alliance players be with having them? Someone should make a thread with a poll. My own threads tend to draw in the same old naysaying crowd...
    Maybe I should start a discord channel as well the Vulpera already have theirs I should think about making one, as well as poll numbers the Sethrak seem to be the constant among people wich I dont mind in fact I welcome all the Sethrak fans as well.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Man, people are going to lose their shit with these ridiculously high expectations when vulpera don't end up playable.
    At this point, if Blizzard wasn't going to already, they will now after seeing the explosion of demand for them, otherwise the backlash is gonna be so loud it'll leave the Dev's ears ringing.

All the more reason to keep talking Sethrak, too

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    At this point, if Blizzard wasn't going to already, they will now after seeing the explosion of demand for them, otherwise the backlash is gonna be so loud it'll leave the Dev's ears ringing.

All the more reason to keep talking Sethrak, too
    Blizzard doesn't cave in to vocal demands. Especially if they come from a vocal minority. That said, Vulpera does cater to a certain audience which is why I think they have a chance. Pretending like they are going to be added for sure when in reality, the odds of *any* additional races is pretty low is just setting yourself up for disappointment. And assuming Blizzard is 'afraid' of the backlash from a small amount of players over not adding a race they had no intention of adding is ridiculous.

I mean, if you want to support Sethrak feel free, but you should probably be focused on races that, ironically, have a chance. Like Vulpera. It's not a high chance, but it's at least vaguely possible. Sethrak would require as much effort to add as a playable race, as a fully-fledged new race would. They aren't going to be playable. And the demand isn't there like it is for vulpera, either (and don't overestimate the demand for vulpera, a vocal minority rarely translates to things being necessarily popular in game).

If it's any consolation, I would like to see vulpera playable, but I'm not 'expecting' it. Sethrak are just a poor choice in general though. They have a snowflake's chance in hell of being made playable at this point in time.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-03-07 at 12:09 AM.