Finally some luck and i got multiple daora and nergigante tails in one hunt each. Now just a Black Diablos horn to have every CB and the best CB set. I would complain its not dropping but the investigations for BD have given me 2 wyvernn gems each time sooo

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I just play my role. As a longsword user, I stay near the Monsters tail. Works in my favor pretty well, lol.
    I just go everywhere because I'm a terrible person.

Also the whole "attack the feet" thing feels terrible these days when you can clearly see you're doing 1/2 the dmg if not less and greyed out numbers are popping up instead of orange ones. Also kinda silly in a world where you can pop 1-2 decos in and not get tripped anymore.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Huh. checked the list and i only have 3 quests left to unlock and do and i've only clocked 120 hours. it took 3 times that to get to pre G rank in 4U for me. Does this game have less quests? feels odd to just have tempered investigation farming and gold crowns left for achievements already.

I started using the charge blade recently, and I seem to be having different situations than my girlfriend has.

She swears she never has to charge the shield to use the 5 phial special, but mine never goes off unless the shield is charged

Is it just a element phial vs whatever the other phial is?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Huh. checked the list and i only have 3 quests left to unlock and do and i've only clocked 120 hours. it took 3 times that to get to pre G rank in 4U for me. Does this game have less quests? feels odd to just have tempered investigation farming and gold crowns left for achievements already.
    Ooh wheres this list, I need to do all the optional quests for that blue ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Ooh wheres this list, I need to do all the optional quests for that blue ticket.
    https://mhworld.kiranico.com/quest When in doubt Kiranico is the monhun go to.

-or to save people time. Take every exclamation mark, capture one of every large monster on each rank and reach HR100 to get every quest in the game. But 49 gets the last 2, 100 gets the final so its not much after beating Xenos' bar the grind.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2018-03-03 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://mhworld.kiranico.com/quest When in doubt Kiranico is the monhun go to.

-or to save people time. Take every exclamation mark, capture one of every large monster on each rank and reach HR100 to get every quest in the game. But 49 gets the last 2, 100 gets the final so its not much after beating Xenos' bar the grind.
    Ugh I gotta get to 100... shiiiit...

Can you join the blue ticket quest from someone else and still get the ticket?

I think so but until you get it yourself i dont think it checks off your list and having that one last quest not listed as completed would drive me crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Found out something interesting looking up Bazelgeuse's name. Everyone is debating 'how do i pronounce this name' right? Well first thing that came to mind was "Beetlejuice" which is based on the word "Betelgeuse". Pronounced 'Bet-el-jooz' according to the dictionary.

So its 'Bay-zel-jooz' or bazlejooz/bazeljuice. End of the post right?

Not Quite.

Looking further into the name it lead me to Betelgeuse. A red supergiant star in the constellation of Orion. Orion the Hunter a constellation representing a hunter in human cultures for at least 32,000 years. The interesting thing about this hunter?

"Betelgeuse is the second brightest star in the constellation. The brightest is Rigel a white-blue or Sapphire star"

So two 'stars' in the new world at the same time. Fancy that. That leaves 5 more stars in the hunter constellation. like the 5 dragons mentioned in the book in the max upgrade player room talking about the origin of the world?

Ain't that some tinfoil fodder?

-an additional tidbit: In Japans past the blue and red stars were taken as the symbols of two warring clans in the 8th century. The Genji clan Adopted Betelguise and Rigel, the Sapphire star, was chosen by the Taira/Heike Clan. Both clans famously had a long and bloody war against each other. The aftermath lead to red and what at the time was assumed to be white not blue-white to become japans national colours. Maybe theres an influence there, or some 'red oni, blue oni' deal. Either way it makes me wonder if bagelguy and Xeno are connected in some fashion. If blue guy is the invasive, parasite maybe red guy is the natural immune system to keep threats down?

- - - Updated - - -

So you can be a member of like 50 squads right? would anyone be interested in a squad for Arena? you need 50 of these for an achievement/trophy and there are unique weapons like https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fext...om/Binder+Mace from games like Freedom Unite you an't get any other way.

They are fun time attacks where you pick one of 5 weapons to go in with and you get tools but cannot take anything with you. Sadly because they are gathering hall only unless you find a japanese room you are solo'ing them and some like Azure Rathalos are a bitch to solo. Its hard to fail mind as they are 2 mans with 9 lives but you get a A,B or C rank based on your time. Its still 50 minutes per hunt but below like 11 is a b, below 8 is an a and you just get more rewards. tokens for the unique gear and weapons, items to sell for tens of thousands each and tokens for lots of things.

Unlike SOS you really need to organise this in some fashion and a squad with 16 man gathering halls means 8 arenas at once which can go by very fast in groups. Just throwing it out there if anyones interested in chasing the unique gear. And the trophy for completionists of course.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2018-03-03 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I started using the charge blade recently, and I seem to be having different situations than my girlfriend has.

She swears she never has to charge the shield to use the 5 phial special, but mine never goes off unless the shield is charged

Is it just a element phial vs whatever the other phial is?
    Is she sure she's doing the Super Amped Elemental Discharge?

The non-super version also uses the phials and has a similar but not identical animation and it doesn't hit as hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally go around to polishing off the last Elder Dragons, and Xeno. Now I am focusing on getting all of the different element and status weapons to at least Rank 6 (Long Sword).

As for armor, I am focusing on Defense Boost, and Earplugs. I've been liking it a lot more than going the glass cannon route. I can take a ton of damage, and not really have to worry too much about healing right away.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been playing a lot lately, I had been facing a bit of burnout because i am still playing 100% solo or with randos in SOS. I found a solution to the burn out. I was playing the game like i would play WOW, research my class(weapons) and find the builds that are statistically good. Now I am playing under a new philosophy. I am training myself not to look up guides and such and just build a set that i like. Last night i wanted to play Dual Blades, so i pick a set of blades that looked cool and seemed neat (spoiler: i think i can find better now that i made them) and then just pieced the armor together with skills that i thought were useful. I like how i can feel viable without min/maxing this game. I have just started hunting tempered monsters, and i am using them as training dummies for me to learn different weapons as this is my first MH.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I have been playing a lot lately, I had been facing a bit of burnout because i am still playing 100% solo or with randos in SOS. I found a solution to the burn out. I was playing the game like i would play WOW, research my class(weapons) and find the builds that are statistically good. Now I am playing under a new philosophy. I am training myself not to look up guides and such and just build a set that i like. Last night i wanted to play Dual Blades, so i pick a set of blades that looked cool and seemed neat (spoiler: i think i can find better now that i made them) and then just pieced the armor together with skills that i thought were useful. I like how i can feel viable without min/maxing this game. I have just started hunting tempered monsters, and i am using them as training dummies for me to learn different weapons as this is my first MH.
    I'm with you. I usually research all the builds and such, but I really haven't been in this game. I decided to just use skills that I felt I needed. I think to myself, what annoys me in a fight the most? The answer was Monster Screaming. I hated how long it stuns you for, and how it allows a monster to run away and make me have to chase/hunt them. So I went with Earplugs so I can just turn and Flashpod them, and keep beating on them.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently there will be an announcement in a few days

I hope its transmog

I hope its not just the pickle. I hope some of the shared rigging monsters come back like tetsucabra and gore magala.

I hope pickles set is good and also the good looking version of it because that was one of my favorite sets.

I'm kinda bummed there isn't more things taken directly from the old games. This was just the perfect excuse to rehash a lot of old weapons to just give veteran players that awesome moment of seeing their old favorites in AAA quality and then new players would appreciate it all the same.

No such luck though :*(

Pretty sure Zinogre will be released shortly after Deviljho. They released a Zinogre Funko figure the same day MonHun: World came out, so I wouldn't be surprised if they officially announce him soon.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Pretty sure Zinogre will be released shortly after Deviljho. They released a Zinogre Funko figure the same day MonHun: World came out, so I wouldn't be surprised if they officially announce him soon.
    Theres been a lot of rumours for a few weeks that Zinogre is going to be the flagship of the 'summer update season' as pickle is for the spring.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want more monsters that I can build elemental weapons with. Oh and it'd be real nice if Capcom made all elemental weapons better. That'd be great thanks.

They definitely need to up variety. My biggest complaint for MHW is how much of the HR roster is just "stuns you for a few seconds than tries to cheese cart with hitbox bullshit" and little else. We have one bleed monster. 2 blast. 3 poison. 2 fire. 1 ice, 1 water. Fucking tons of raw 'daze then tackle' monsters. The lack of more means lack of reason to defend against them. Like without other bleed monsters like Seregios who gives a shit about bleed resist when its only good against one monster right now?

Personally i hope that peninsulla on the top left of the map thats not part of the map pieces we lay down over the story is a new area. Theres cold drinks in the game now but no hot drinks. Some snowy mountains to the north would be a good way to brink some more ice and water monsters back as well as more status based stuff like khezu.

I think the biggest problem right now is World may be one open world map per hunt now but so much of it is narrow corridors that a lot of monsters designed for the flat plains of ps2 and 3ds don't fit. Literally. Like how do you do a Tamamizutsune fight in the ancient forest? it would have to stick to the open zones at the bottom with no 'hunt' part of the hunt at all. Rajang is usually a constant in recent games and if he gets in that does mean the 4 legged beast rig gets in which could mean fights like Congalala and Kecha Wacha which could fit but i still think others using the same base like Gammoth are just too big for the modern maps.

Unless some monsters they keep back for some 'arena' type map like the shagaru magala arena from 4U or ancient tower ruin from FU/Generations. It would suck to not hunt some things on regular maps but if its the only way to get something huge like Dinovaldo/Glavenus in i'd take it over them not being in at all.

Like god knows id love to see Nakarkos show up in the rotten vale but where could you ever fight it y'know?

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of other monsters i'm rereading Attack on Titan and boy does it make me wish the Abarrent Deviljho subspecies from MHE showed up in world.

- - - Updated - - -

So 3 hours to the 9 star mushroom gathering quest. People are assuming its a teaser deviljho quest but i hope its something completely different and they are banking on us expecting it to be early pickle.

Also the triple threat arena is going to rain decorations so find an arena farming keyword session and go crazy.