Any chance Gtx 1180(or w.e. its called) will be much better then 1080 TI?

So i got GTX 1080TI and im wondering following the 9 series pattern that the 980ti the 1080 was a lot better then the 980ti...could we expect same pattern for 1180 vs the 1080ti??

If i can sell the 1080Ti for almost the same amount as I got it for and get the GTX 1180 if its like 20-30% better then GTX 1080TI , i should do it..

i got my gtx 1080ti before the craze at $655 during August.

Unless you are having trouble holding your monitor's refresh rates at max settings at high resolution (3440x1440, 4k etyc), no. The 1080ti is a solid performer, it does struggle on some titles at 4k though., For WoW...umm no.

Recent trend is XX70 card is about equal to last gen YY80Ti. Will it be the case here? Nobody really knows, but your 1080Ti should keep you safe for a long time, especially cause of the craze - the new cards will be hard to find or extremely overpriced.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Recent trend is XX70 card is about equal to last gen YY80Ti. Will it be the case here? Nobody really knows, but your 1080Ti should keep you safe for a long time, especially cause of the craze - the new cards will be hard to find or extremely overpriced.
    Not a trend when it happened once from a 28nm to 16nm process, every trend prior etc. the xx80 became xx70 and xx80 Ti became xx80 etc.

We're going from 16nm to 12nm so it'll probably go it's usual routine.

Don't expect a new uArch GFX to be released until Q3 2018 at least, stuff will be milked for what it's worth.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."
    - Kirito, Sword Art Online Abridged by Something Witty Entertainment