Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Watching you guys trying to justify Vulpera is cuter than the actual race.
    Oh, look at the mighty warrior, talking down to the little girls. Such a badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    the first thing I visualize when hearing vulpera are aurin from wild*
    They actually have a stronger resemblance to Chua, and what little we know of their society tends to be pretty different as well.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Watching you guys trying to justify Vulpera is cuter than the actual race.
    why do you care so much? just asking

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Vulpera will be an allied race !!!
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Beastmaster Vulpera with two foxes, riding the fox mount, with the fox mini pet.

It's the only real choice.
    "Fox, Fox, Fox" Föxley Crüe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordsesho View Post
    why do you care so much? just asking
    Because it's fun to mess with furries.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

looks more like you are triggered by the possibility of them being playable

So you have to be a furry to play a Vulpera? Does that mean you need to love big muscles to play an orc? Or have a thing for aliens to roll a Draenei?

Sometimes I pick a character for their looks sure, sometimes it's their lore and sometimes it's just their casting/attacking animations.

I play mostly male characters, that doesn't make me gay.

Ooooh so scary and vicious. I bet that little guy would definitely cause a giant 7 foot tall Hulk Orc to pee himself or a 1200 lb Bullman to run away in fear.
    Don't need to when that 7 foot tall Hulk Orc and a 1200 lb Bullman have that little guy's back. Because they're all Horde! But they will make a 180 lb human and a emo void elf tweak crap their pants in fear .
    Allies Race Wishlist: ALLIANCE: Tuskarr and Vrykul HORDE: Gnoll and Mok'Nathal
    New Class Wishlist: Blademaster, Tinker, Necromancer, Bard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    So you have to be a furry to play a Vulpera? Does that mean you need to love big muscles to play an orc? Or have a thing for aliens to roll a Draenei?

Sometimes I pick a character for their looks sure, sometimes it's their lore and sometimes it's just their casting/attacking animations.

You yiffbois should just come out and be true to yourselves. The only person you're not convincing here is yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lordsesho View Post
    looks more like you are triggered by the possibility of them being playable
    The only thing being triggered by these vulpera threads is my autism. I'm about to fall into my autistic meltdown #83212 if I see another yiffboi start a new vulpera thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The BrewCity Monk View Post
    Don't need to when that 7 foot tall Hulk Orc and a 1200 lb Bullman have that little guy's back. Because they're all Horde! But they will make a 180 lb human and a emo void elf tweak crap their pants in fear .
    Well, the good thing about Vulpera is that they'll take attention away from Pandas as being the silly/ridiculous race of WoW. Looks like we'll have a new punching bag race when they come out. Panda players can rejoice.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2018-03-06 at 10:01 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    I do have to say even Draenei aren't truly alien. They're as a concept just retextured Satyr. Goat like legs, horns on the head, otherwise humanoid head and body. They just changed the skin to blue and removed the fur on the legs and created facial ridged for males, and tentacles for both to add the extra alien feel. (Can't get more alien then tentacles apparently). But if you look at Satyr from mythology and Draenei they're remarkably similar and wouldn't be surprised if that was their inspiration for eredar/draenei. We've never seen anything truly alien such as the races on mass effect. Considering WoW is primarily a fantasy game anything alien esque is a boon. Most fantasy games/stories have absolutely nothing alien or alien like. So like the Draenei anything else alien-esque we get is likely to have its roots in fantasy. Even if we go to completely new planets they're likely to be based off of some kind of fantasy theme.
    Maybe alien is not another good word for it (used to use foreign, but apparently that implies some form of racism when describing fantasy races for Christ's sake, but that's neither here nor there). When I am saying alien I mean weird, unique, not at all denoting of something straight from our actual existence. I do not mean "otherworldly space guys!" when I say it, just something more creative. Though, yeah, it'll probably be easier to justify that by going to new planets (though we honestly haven't really explored all of Azeroth yet, have we?).

And to pull Draenei apart like that is like saying Tauren are the same save for tendril faces. Or that Gnomes, Dwarves and Elves are all species of Human if we try hard enough. It just doesn't work that way.

I am not saying Blizzard can't use ordinary animals to spur inspiration (I mean, what other creatures do we have), so using hooves, or horns (though both oft been used in demonic descriptors as well), or board ears is a no-go for me. Just the practice of "Add humanoid parts to X animal" and be done with it is what I don't want encouraged going forward, cause that means we'll get more. More anthropomorphic races and elves, maybe another Troll if we're lucky.

I said before, I am not entirely against them, just find the potential in the future races more boring because of how accepting we are of that creative path.

Sidenote; Anyone who's saying how beastial races aren't savage aren't exactly the ones I'd look into for input of future designs either. If anything can easily answer a "savage" motif, it'd be a beast.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not read the entire thread, but there seems to be a heavy opinion that the Vulpera will be an allied race for the Horde. Is there any reason why people are thinking they'll be Horde > Alliance?
    Leafcast - <Don't Laugh At My Giraffe> Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by mathezar View Post
    I did not read the entire thread, but there seems to be a heavy opinion that the Vulpera will be an allied race for the Horde. Is there any reason why people are thinking they'll be Horde > Alliance?
    They're part of the Horde leveling experience.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say... I think this race is actually coming to the Alliance.

Now, I know full well what was "datamined". But hear me out.

Right now, Blizzard is clearly going all-out to ensure that both the Vulpera and the Mag'har are both ready for Launch. Meanwhile, the Alliance doesn't have *ANY* promising leads for a new expansion. And as much as I would love to play a Mag'har alongside my Alliance friends, I think we all realize that's not going to happen.

So why would Blizzard devote so many resources towards both the Mag'har and the Vulpera, when the Alliance doesn't even have ONE promising Allied Race? I suspect it's because the Vulpera are coming to the Alliance. And let's face it; a "cutesy" race like the Vulpera would probably sit more neatly alongside the races and cultures of the Alliance, whereas the Horde are all savage, war-torn survivors (and Goblins).

Just my opinion, but I would definitely bank money on Vulpera being the Alliance counterpoint to the Horde's Mag'har.

This is where we find out that the Vulpera are elite Prince of Persia-like assassins that will shank you in the ass if you even so much as breathe the wrong way.

And then people will still bitch about how they're not "savage" or "badass".

This is like the cutest and best thing I've ever seen I want one playable, as pet, as mount, as toy, as everything

And a worgen

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say... I think this race is actually coming to the Alliance.

Now, I know full well what was "datamined". But hear me out.

Right now, Blizzard is clearly going all-out to ensure that both the Vulpera and the Mag'har are both ready for Launch. Meanwhile, the Alliance doesn't have *ANY* promising leads for a new expansion. And as much as I would love to play a Mag'har alongside my Alliance friends, I think we all realize that's not going to happen.

So why would Blizzard devote so many resources towards both the Mag'har and the Vulpera, when the Alliance doesn't even have ONE promising Allied Race? I suspect it's because the Vulpera are coming to the Alliance. And let's face it; a "cutesy" race like the Vulpera would probably sit more neatly alongside the races and cultures of the Alliance, whereas the Horde are all savage, war-torn survivors (and Goblins).

Just my opinion, but I would definitely bank money on Vulpera being the Alliance counterpoint to the Horde's Mag'har.
    Because Blizz love the Horde more then the Alliance!

But for real, it's because most alliance fans are being impatient babies. BfA isn't completed yet and the Alpha build isn't the whole game, let alone 50%. And what resource towards the Mag'har Orcs? It's just skins of Draenor Orcs, just available to use. They use the same green Orcs skeleton and models, just the hairstyles and vocals are different. And the Alliance have Kul'trian Humans linking to them as a possible ally race.

Plus, Alliance have like what THREE short-size races (Gnomes, Dwarfs, and Dark Iron) and Horde can't have one more with the Goblins? Stop being selfish!
    Allies Race Wishlist: ALLIANCE: Tuskarr and Vrykul HORDE: Gnoll and Mok'Nathal
    New Class Wishlist: Blademaster, Tinker, Necromancer, Bard

People crying about the sanctity of their precious Horde being ruined when Blood Elves flounced into Orgrimmar over a decade ago is hilarious.

Although I'd prefer the snake people out of the two, I'd happily roll either. Neither race can be rolled in your average stock fantasy RPG, which is cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Nobody remembers the raki. ;-;7

Of course, the vulpera don't resemble the raki because the raki had fairly outdated graphics the day Vanguard launched.
    This might be a double post but I remember the Raki! (They were hideous. Like every player model in that game. *shudder*) My elf blood mage was the most fun with a healing class I ever had. RIP Vanguard, good ideas but HILARIOUSLY bad execution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post

It doesn't make you gay, but you are gay right? Hets are a myth right? /s
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    It doesn't make you gay, but you are gay right? Hets are a myth right? /s
    what is a het can you eat that?

okay, they are a myth.