Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Boomkin form is hideous. I like the usual moonkin form because it's funny to play a big chicken. Bear form is awesome tho.

Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    Blizzard designed the game from two perspectives, Horde and Alliance. Despite your blatant and obvious Horde favoritism and childish attitude towards the Alliance - from a development standpoint, what is there to gain from one perspective side being "generic" and providing "generic content" ?

How does this benefit the game in any way shape or form?
    It's cool that you are a Horde player and enjoy that side of things most, but the whole - "FOR THE HORDE! LOK'TAR OGAR!" pride thing is for children (or role playing I guess). Just drop the silliness.

As for the forms, I don't much like the balance form, but the turtle guardian form is pretty rad.
    I don't really understand why Blizzard introduces these new races and forgets about the older ones. I mean, if your going to give the Zandalari this much visual flair, where's the motivation to play ANY of the older races (Druid class or not). Why not put the time and effort in and provide updates across the board? When were Worgen and Goblins introduced to the game? They've had zero visual improvements since they were introduced despite an outpouring of requests for them. They continue to get ignored and NEW races get introduced that look vastly superior. It doesn't make any sense to me.
    I play both factions. I like Horde more specifically because it isn't bland medieval fantasy. That's the alliance's entire shtick. Horde has cool trolls, we get more cool trolls. Alliance has generic humans, they get more generic humans. Of course, the bland and generic nature of the alliance is all my opinion, but if you're agreeing that the human obsession is boring then you clearly are playing the wrong faction
    Last edited by Faliz18; 2018-03-01 at 10:20 PM.

Worgen definitely needs an update out of dps as "cats" if trolls now can tank as turtle.

Deleted
    The zandalari moonkin is dreams come true. Period.

I'm expecting feral to be a Sabertooth tiger, or something close. Big tusks, vaguely zandalari textures.

I'd also love a travel form as a Woolly Mammoth.

Why is everyone freaking out? Blizzard will probably give new skins and shit to everyone, along with another allied race ally side that gets its own original skins.
    Working on my next ban.

5+ Year Old Account
    While we are talking about quick edits we would like in Zandalari forms here is something I put together merging the green variation with the Bastiladons from Total War: Warhammer 2.

I'd be lying if this wasn't just a selfish way to not have to stare at a dino butt.

It was a tossup between these three dino tails but I think the stubby tail would be the easiest to add to the current bear model skeleton.

Here are some links to their animations.

They look absolutely hideous in my opinion, but then again tastes differ.

The guardian form should have between a mix between an ankylosaurus and a triceratops.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    Why is everyone freaking out? Blizzard will probably give new skins and shit to everyone
    Oh really?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    Why is everyone freaking out? Blizzard will probably give new skins and shit to everyone, along with another allied race ally side that gets its own original skins.
    Because "maybe probably" isn't much to go on, especially when we've seen no evidence that Blizzard has any plans to do that.

Highmountain Tauren are new too and they got pretty generic model templates. If the plan was to give every race fancy and thematic models the way those turned out don't really make sense. That suggests what they did with Zandalari is more of a one off.

Maybe Worgen will get something interesting when they get their model update, but people have been waiting for that since Cataclysm.

Just a quick reminder: When Trolls went Druid, they also got some amazing new models and skins. I still think their Swift Flight Form is superior and it was the first departure from a chosen animal race for one of the forms.

The special thing about Zandalari Druids is that they get a unique animal race for each form. Until now, all 4 races have worked with cats, bears, stags, ravens, feathered Moonkin and sea lions - except the Troll bat. Basically, the concept of Druidic animal forms has remained unchanged since WC III (Druids of the Claw and Druids of the Talon). I’d like some more unique forms for each race - is it a given that Tauren Druids use bears as Guardians? A kodo would probably fit better. A Worgen should probably use a wolf as Feral - or maybe even a werewolf! Trolls should have had raptors a long time ago etc.

This would also give Night Elfs a more unique feel. By moving all other Druid races away from the cat/bear theme, nelfs would stand out a lot more.

But it won’t happen. Just imagine the workload. As a Feral, I have the opportunity to gain 24 new skins in Legion. Imagine Blizzard having to do not only a bit of work to recolour those skins for each race, but essentially to make new skins for each race because we have different animal forms! In Legion, that would have been 144 new skins (because Guardian). Oh, and 3 new flight forms, because derpy owl would have been nelf exclusively.

I’d like if Blizzard did this, but I don’t expect that they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post

But it won’t happen. Just imagine the workload. As a Feral, I have the opportunity to gain 24 new skins in Legion. Imagine Blizzard having to do not only a bit of work to recolour those skins for each race, but essentially to make new skins for each race because we have different animal forms! In Legion, that would have been 144 new skins (because Guardian).
    actually they wouldn't have to, because the legion forms are based on the artifact ashamane and ursoc, which are cat and bear respectively. i assume we can still mog legion forms over zandalari forms if we want to, this would work with every racial feral/ guardian variation

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionChains View Post
    They should make the "cat" form one of these guys which were discovered in the Sahara several years back.

They were supposed to have been very fast runners. It'd be a good middle point between dinosaur and four legged predator.
    That moment when this was somewhat accurate.

And now I'm falling off my chair laughing at how BAD this "feral" form is. No need to worry about ever rolling a Z-druid now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Elf town is about to see sundown.
    That's okay the fire will keep the party lit... LOL!

Too soon?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RayenDark View Post

And now I'm falling off my chair laughing at how BAD this "feral" form is. No need to worry about ever rolling a Z-druid now.
    Don't know what you're talking about, this is amazing in my opinion.
    Here are some links to their animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethrak View Post
    Don't know what you're talking about, this is amazing in my opinion.
    Yes, I do know what I'm talking about. I'm an artist for a living my focus on drawing wildlife and anatomy. At least other druid forms are 'plausible' anatomy wise. This thing is an iguana with tusks. It doesn't even have fangs. Nevermind the tusks being that far would never allow the animal to actually bite anything.

7+ Year Old Account

Well there we go, dinomancer zandalari!

Looks good, cant wait to see the animations.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I do know what I'm talking about. I'm an artist for a living and focus on drawing wildlife and focus on anatomy. At least other druid forms are 'plausible' anatomy wise. This thing is an iguana with tusks. It doesn't even have fangs. Nevermind the tusks being that far would never allow the animal to actually bite anything.
    yes because you draw animals means this is factually bad ok then.
    as someone who likes dinos and cool things and used to draw them all the time as a kid, this is the best thing ever.
    just because you dont like it does not make it back, also
    1. it does not need to be anatomicly correct, this is wow
    2. it can impale stuff then eat them and bite at them well impaling them, but they also mostly use their claws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

Well there we go, dinomancer zandalari!

Looks good, cant wait to see the animations.

- - - Updated - - -

yes because you draw animals means this is factually bad ok then.
    as someone who likes dinos and cool things and used to draw them all the time as a kid, this is the best thing ever.
    just because you dont like it does not make it back, also
    1. it does not need to be anatomicly correct, this is wow
    2. it can impale stuff then eat them and bite at them well impaling them, but they also mostly use their claws.
    Congrads, I used to draw dinos too! It still looks like crap. As a feral main-this form is an insult. <3 K thanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Congrads, I used to draw dinos too! It still looks like crap. As a feral main-this form is an insult. <3 K thanks.
    Dont liek it dont play it, there is hundreds of thousands who will love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good