10+ Year Old Account
    I got a creepy feeling from the gal straight away and when I found the jewelry I pretty much knew what would happen.

New pc build for this next week!

Hype.

Hopefully it fixes the issues I've been having with DX11 client.

But at last. Medium house I relocated to is for all intents and purposes... DONE. Probably a bit more fluff I can add but I'm proud of what I've done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats on the house and good luck with the new comp. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I got a creepy feeling from the gal straight away and when I found the jewelry I pretty much knew what would happen.
    Yeah same. They have done this 'camera pans across the shoulder' reveal one too many times in XIV and its gotten very predictable.

So, Eureka is soon!

I just need to chip away at the last couple of ranks for the Ananta and Moogle daily quests and then I'm completely finished with all the Beast Tribes.

Had an interesting experience. Feel free to read my post first: (might need to scroll up a hair)

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...53#post4603153

Then read this:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ht-before-boss

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Had an interesting experience. Feel free to read my post first: (might need to scroll up a hair)

Then read this:
    That's all kinds of hillarious.

I'd have done the same too, probably. I don't mind people who are bad but willing to improve, those players will get better with time and practice even without other players needing to get involved to help fix their bad play habits. Being bad, unaware of how bad you are, refusing advice when it's offered and then going as far as to complain about it on the forums is just delicious. I especially love that he's blaming other people for it too - it really brings the whole thread together.

Lots of people on there claiming it was a little cruel to kick right before the last boss, however, since he's now on the forums being given a lengthy tutorial on how to tank I'm guessing he'll learn his lesson from it. Tough love and all that.

So, this is interesting: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...eturn-and-Warp Basically, Warp is a command in the game that acts like Return, but has no CD. I saw it mentioned somewhere and thought it was a PvP Action, but nope! It's just something hidden away that people discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    That's all kinds of hillarious.

I'd have done the same too, probably. I don't mind people who are bad but willing to improve, those players will get better with time and practice even without other players needing to get involved to help fix their bad play habits. Being bad, unaware of how bad you are, refusing advice when it's offered and then going as far as to complain about it on the forums is just delicious. I especially love that he's blaming other people for it too - it really brings the whole thread together.

Lots of people on there claiming it was a little cruel to kick right before the last boss, however, since he's now on the forums being given a lengthy tutorial on how to tank I'm guessing he'll learn his lesson from it. Tough love and all that.
    Yeah my feelings are easily seen in the thread. did you post in there? I saw an @Granyala. I'd love to see @Faroth or @Remilia and their opinions as they're generally a bit nicer than me.

Then read this:
    Equal parts sad and funny. Your group booting him at that point not being the sad part; rather the tank’s flippant “you don’t pay my sub” style of response.

Then read this:
    That thread delivered. I'm lost though how you can get to 50+ (I mean I know leveling is fast nowadays, but still) and not have a clue on your basic combos, especially Paladin which is brain dead easy as far as buttons go at that point in the game.

I'm not sure I would have been as nice or patient. After 6-7 lobs in a row on every pull in the first 5 minutes of a dungeon and no sprout I would have just assumed they were a troll. I might have given them a "Captain America, cut it out and tank" but after that I would have just booted them.

Edit: What irks me the most is not even the tank. It's everyone else in that thread defending him.

Like one person who said "if he was so bad they would have never made it through the dungeon. literally they were complaining he wasn't doing enough dps for them. neither story said he wasn't tanking just that he wasn't doing a proper rotation and losing dps over it making the run longer. he used flash to hold agro and used shield lob for dps cause he thought it was better than RoH combo."

I bet in those sub 50 dungeons you could take any combination of DPS and at least 1 Healer and clear that content. Aggro will be all over the place and you'd clear super slowly, but nothing hits crazy hard enough that it couldn't be done.
    Last edited by The Casualty; 2018-03-06 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I bet in those sub 50 dungeons you could take any combination of DPS and at least 1 Healer and clear that content. Aggro will be all over the place and you'd clear super slowly, but nothing hits crazy hard enough that it couldn't be done.
    I once healed my way through Halatali Normal with 2 DPS and no Tank (they left and we couldn't get another so we pressed on). Was a couple pulls that were hairy on trash, but the bosses were cake.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's bad sure, but I fail to see why I should care.

Man, first 'world full' login que for me in like maybe 2 months?

Folks are getting ready for Eureka AKA FFXIland i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw an @Granyala.
    Waah I have been discovered. :O

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Getting it daily ever since the last patch.

Nah. I'm getting ready for our ever wonderful Gentleman of Light...

HILDIBRAND!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nah. I'm getting ready for our ever wonderful Gentleman of Light...

HILDIBRAND!
    Gotta remember to be a man-man-manderville man.

Yeah my feelings are easily seen in the thread. did you post in there? I saw an @Granyala. I'd love to see @Faroth or @Remilia and their opinions as they're generally a bit nicer than me.
    I didn't post on the thread, everything I wanted to say had already been said. I wouldn't be adding to the discussion in the slightest.

Edit: What irks me the most is not even the tank. It's everyone else in that thread defending him.

Like one person who said "if he was so bad they would have never made it through the dungeon. literally they were complaining he wasn't doing enough dps for them. neither story said he wasn't tanking just that he wasn't doing a proper rotation and losing dps over it making the run longer. he used flash to hold agro and used shield lob for dps cause he thought it was better than RoH combo."
    I've had an issue with this about the FF14 community for a while now. People almost seem to praise the fact that they're a hinderance to others in game. I can deal with people actively trying to sabotage a group, those can be kicked easy enough. Those who are passively being a hinderance, those who are ignorant of their Job and inconsiderate of other people and their time are the worst of the worst. It's a complete lack of respect for other players born out of either stupidity or idleness.

I don't consider wanting people to at least pull their own weight to be that big of an ask. I don't mind if they're not doing a bajillion DPS, as long as they're not holding everyone else back. I don't mind having to consistantly res people for content that's new to them, nor do I mind if people die to avoidable AoE, as long as they're making an effort to contribute. I don't mind if people are playing different jobs, or even just cruising through content on auto-pilot as long as they're at least putting in enough effort not to be a hinderance. Honestly, I don't think that's too much to ask for group content.

Play on Zalera and never get those prompts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Equal parts sad and funny. Your group booting him at that point not being the sad part; rather the tank’s flippant “you don’t pay my sub” style of response.
    Yeah, I felt bad for kicking him because I wanted to help him, but he hadn't shown much openess to being helped and it wouldn't have been fair to the other people to hold their run up while I cover the basics of tanking with him. I felt it was best to simply kick him, teach that lesson of responsibility and teamwork, and then coach him if he's willing on my own time.

That thread delivered. I'm lost though how you can get to 50+ (I mean I know leveling is fast nowadays, but still) and not have a clue on your basic combos, especially Paladin which is brain dead easy as far as buttons go at that point in the game.

I'm not sure I would have been as nice or patient. After 6-7 lobs in a row on every pull in the first 5 minutes of a dungeon and no sprout I would have just assumed they were a troll. I might have given them a "Captain America, cut it out and tank" but after that I would have just booted them.

Ah Nedkel. That person I'm 99% sure is a straight troll. They tend to comment on things not even relevant to the discussion, and say all manners of weird or inflammatory stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's bad sure, but I fail to see why I should care.
    Moreso you and @Faroth are very pro the little guy based on previous discussions. I was curious if you felt one particular party was "in the right", or if you had any input into whether what I did, or what the PLD did being "toxic" etc. etc. Merely curious for your personal POV.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Waah I have been discovered. :O
    Haha the signature stuck out a good bit. and the name.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I didn't post on the thread, everything I wanted to say had already been said. I wouldn't be adding to the discussion in the slightest.
    Fair enough - agreed on your points I snipped out.