Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamer8585 View Post
    And as usual the poor will be disproportionately affected. Not to mention the considerations about the tax code that would go into effect.
    Good point. I'm sure all these landlords are not reporting this income (sex), they should report the fair market value of the sex they receive and pay taxes on it.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Unless he rapes you what is the problem? Just say no, and pay the rent. Or move out.
    If you don't have money, well, change places where you can afford to stay.
    It's capitalism, baby, nobody have to keep you for free.
    Yea, you can be morally outraged by it, but the final yay or nay is with the woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    Good point. I'm sure all these landlords are not reporting this income (sex), they should report the fair market value of the sex they receive and pay taxes on it.
    Actually its likely worse than that. If they're not reporting the income then they're probably reporting the unit as a capital loss, and illegally reducing their tax obligation.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    Because I'm not some object that you can buy for your own sexual pleasure?
    I'm sure there is a price bb, the feisty ones are always more expensive..

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreo View Post
    Yea, you can be morally outraged by it, but the final yay or nay is with the woman.
    oi, as a male I demand the option to pay rent through sex
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Or the tenant is taking advantage of the landlord since he gets away without paying rent and the landlord loses money.

And the landlord is not forcing them to do anything. They are getting evicted since they had 3 months to pay rent and they haven't, the landlord has every right to evict them since that is the condition in most contracts, at least here. If you don't pay rent for 3 months you are out. So the one forcing the tenant to evacuate is the state with it's laws. The landlord is willing to give leniency so that the tenant doesn't get evicted in exchange for sex.
    Giving someone a terrible alternative to a terrible situation is a very interesting form of 'lenience.'

As to the rest of the post: this is a fairly disgusting reframing of the whole situation. You're trying to make the landlord look like a good person in this scenario. They most definitely are not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Everyone sells themselves for money. Just some of them are more intimate than others.
    Thanks for the clever reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Force implies a lack of choice. The same choices that existed before sex was put on the table still exist after it is. Your logic is flawed.
    Because I don't recognize it as a viable choice. Because that 'choice' is to give up one of the basic human necessities, which is shelter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just take a stroll through craigslist, they don't even hide it.

Rent for sex, jobs "with benefits," anything you can think of.
    When I went up the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today. I wish I wish he'd go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark is the devourer of the slow moving and inattentive. This includes plankton, whales, and AFK players.

Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Giving someone a terrible alternative to a terrible situation is a very interesting form of 'lenience.'

As to the rest of the post: this is a fairly disgusting reframing of the whole situation. You're trying to make the landlord look like a good person in this scenario. They most definitely are not.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Because I don't recognize it as a viable choice. Because that 'choice' is to give up one of the basic human necessities, which is shelter.
    This says more about you and your hatred of personal freedoms than it does about me or the landlord.
    He doesn't have to give leniency to anyone for any reason whatever.
    The fact that he is willing to lose money for a favor is not a bad thing, regardless if that favor is cooking, cleaning or sex.
    At the end of the day the choice is the tenant's if they want to agree to it or not.
    I for one would like to have that option rather than be evicted, not that I would ever find myself in that situation since I owned an apartment since I was 18.
    I find it sad that you people think it's exploitation for no other reason than the fact that it's sex, but would be okay with offering to let them stay in exchange for cooking/cleaning or any other chore. Maybe grow up and realize that sex isn't something degrading that you should run away from and your perspective/opinion might also change
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2018-03-07 at 03:27 AM.

This says more about you than it does about me or the landlord and your hatred of personal freedoms.
    He doesn't have to give leniency to anyone for any reason whatever.
    The fact that he is willing to lose money for a favor is not wrong, regardless if that favor is cooking, cleaning or sex.
    At the end of the day the choice is the tenants if they want to agree to it or not.
    I for one would like to have that option.
    I didn't say he had to be lenient. I'm questioning your idea of what constitutes leniency.

And, as I said to another guy, this is basically a false choice. Because the other 'choice' is to lose shelter.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say he had to be lenient. I'm questioning your idea of what constitutes leniency.

And, as I said to another guy, this is basically a false choice. Because the other 'choice' is to lose shelter.
    The other choice is to pay your rent on time so you don't need to be offered that choice. And again you're going on the prejudice that sex is degrading in such a situation for whatever reason.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    or go homeless or go to a shelter

The normal things broke people do
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Ass, grass or gas. No one rides for free.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

The other choice is to pay your rent on time so you don't need to be offered that choice. And again you're going on the prejudice that sex is degrading in such a situation for whatever reason.
    First off, you replaced the actual 'choice' with something that can't even be called a choice: if they could pay rent, they wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

And second... can you seriously stop putting words in my mouth? You've done it like twice now. Sex is not degrading. Having sex with someone you don't want to so that you can keep shelter, is degrading.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    or go homeless or go to a shelter

The normal things broke people do
    You do realize that going homeless is exactly what I wrote, just with different words, right?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that going homeless is exactly what I wrote, just with different words, right?
    then how is it a false choice?

Its just another alternative to their lives going down the shitter

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    then how is it a false choice?

Its just another alternative to their lives going down the shitter
    Because it's so much worse as to be basically non-viable?

It's like telling someone that they can give you 10 dollars, or you'll smash their thumb with a hammer. Who is actually going to choose the hammer?

What these landlords are doing is exploiting the fact that these tenants are faced with a very bad outcome to make them take a less bad, but still bad, option.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, you replaced the actual 'choice' with something that can't even be called a choice: if they could pay rent, they wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

And second... can you seriously stop putting words in my mouth? You've done it like twice now. Sex is not degrading. Having sex with someone you don't want to so that you can keep shelter, is degrading.

- - - Updated - - -

I just don't understand your logic... So it'd be better if they just got kicked out rather than have that 'choice'? Because in your opinion it's degrading to pay via sex...

Another guy above said it's wrong because it's illegal, at least his point of view I can understand, but let's say it's a perfectly legal practice because prostitution is legal, do you still think it's wrong to ask for sex in that situation? What if it's on the contract and made clear from the start that it's an accepted form of payment?
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2018-03-07 at 03:50 AM.

I just don't understand your logic... So it'd be better if they just got kicked out rather than have that 'choice'? Because in your opinion it's degrading to pay via sex...
    It's not better that they be kicked out. But that does not mean that what the landlord is doing isn't underhanded or vile. And frankly, on the subject of whether or not it's degrading, I feel at this point that you're just purposely ignoring the nuance I wrote above.

Another guy above said it's wrong because it's illegal, at least his point of view I can understand, but let's say it's a perfectly legal practice because prostitution is legal, do you still think it's wrong to ask for sex in that situation? What if it's on the contract and made clear from the moment that they sign that it's an accepted form of payment?
    If it's made clear at the outset and everyone agrees to it, I don't see anything wrong with it. But to wave it over people when they're at their most vulnerable is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not better that they be kicked out. But that does not mean that what the landlord is doing isn't underhanded or vile. And frankly, on the subject of whether or not it's degrading, I feel at this point that you're just purposely ignoring the nuance I wrote above.

If it's made clear at the outset and everyone agrees to it, I don't see anything wrong with it. But to wave it over people when they're at their most vulnerable is wrong.
    Okay, I mean I can agree that waiting til the last moment and telling them that you either put out or you're out tomorrow is wrong.
    How about if you tell them that they have 2 weeks/until the next paycheck to pay the rent or they're out but they can get more time or even get their rent completely waived by having sex with you, would that still be wrong in your eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    Because I'm not some object that you can buy for your own sexual pleasure?
    That's yet to be determined.

Truth = clever reply. Gotcha.

It should be common sense, but so few of you actually have any.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.