Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I understand it fine.

Why don't you understand that the right to bear arms does not oblige a private vendor to sell you anything?
    tell that to the people who want to jail cake makers for not making gay wedding cakes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by provaporous View Post
    tell that to the people who want to jail cake makers for not making gay wedding cakes
    So "literally nobody", since that's not happening anywhere.

Seriously, you folks need to stop making shit up like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    So "literally nobody", since that's not happening anywhere. Seriously, you folks need to stop making shit up like this.
    Well it did happen and you put it in quotes to marginalize that. But hey "you folks" need to stop making shit up.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Well it did happen and you put it in quotes to marginalize that. But hey "you folks" need to stop making shit up.
    Nobody proposed jailing anyone for refusing to bake a cake. Did not happen.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trabajador5k View Post
    Why not just get someone over the age of 21 to buy it for him like with alcohol?

Because that would be a straw purchase and is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    There is no law saying that a private business is required to give you something just because you want it - regardless of your age.
    Sure, that's true, but that's not what's being discussed here. We are discussing a private business deciding to not to sell to specific members of a protected class, based solely on their status in said protected class.

For example:
    We won't sell you a gun if you are gay
    We won't sell you a gun if you are black
    We won't sell you a gun if you are christian
    We won't sell you a gun if you are a woman
    We won't sell you a gun if you are military vet
    We won't sell you a gun if you are Italian

Those are all examples of illegal discrimination. You can only discriminate against a protected class as law gives provision. For example, the law allows you to discriminate against selling firearms to 17 year olds. So that's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Umm... keep reading the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

What part of well-regulated militia don't you understand?
    I have been and nobody has pointed any specific law backing up dicks stores. So they get sued instead of the government. It's how this works.

There is no law requiring you be 17 to go see a R-rated movie in the United States. If you sell a ticket to a 16 year old, FBI agents aren't going to come knocking down the door. Yet movie theaters can and do refrain from selling you a ticket if you aren't 17+ because they are following MPAA, a non-government organization, guidelines.
    Last edited by volescue; 2018-03-07 at 04:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nobody proposed jailing anyone for refusing to bake a cake. Did not happen.
    So what would the punishment have been for refusing to make them a cake even if ordered to? Lets follow the logical conclusion and save us all posts of thumping our chests.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2018-03-07 at 04:19 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

So what would the punishment have been for refusing to make them a cake even if ordered to? Lets follow the logical conclusion and save us all posts of thumping are chests.
    Lets not play what if.
    What actually did happen...Baker can refuse to make same-sex wedding cakes, judge rules

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Lets not play what if.
    What actually did happen...Baker can refuse to make same-sex wedding cakes, judge rules
    It isn't a what if. They would have been jailed if they simply refused to follow the court orders. Instead they choose to take it to supreme court.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    There is no law saying that a private business is required to give you something just because you want it - regardless of your age.

It is similar to cashiers having the ability to restrict alcohol sales based on their Opinion of the current level of intoxication of the customer.

I mean, hell, if any business in the US actually followed the second amendment, nobody would be buying guns at all - since it doesn't give you the right to own them -- just to use them in defense of the state/government. I.E. If said 20 year old has his heart set on a gun? He can join the Army.
    There is a law in Oregon, that specifically states you cannot deny someone "the full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities and privileges of any place of public accommodation" if said person is legally an adult and the place is not selling alcohol/marijuana. https://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/659A.403 (This is the law being sited by said lawsuit)

48 out of 50 states have criminal and/or administrative laws pertaining to the sale of alcohol to intoxicated persons. Depending on the state said cashier could be held criminally liable under these laws. http://www.nllea.org/documents/SIPLe...archReport.pdf

I'm really hoping that English isn't your native language, cause if it is, damn. The whole fucking point to the second amendment is literally fucking owning them. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distri...mbia_v._Heller
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what would the punishment have been for refusing to make them a cake even if ordered to? Lets follow the logical conclusion and save us all posts of thumping our chests.
    Fines and the like. Possibly a denial of their business licence if they made a point of it over time.

Now, if they refused to pay the fines, or disobeyed court orders, then we might get into jail time, but we're also not talking about the cake any more, which you don't want to admit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now, if they refused to pay the fines, or disobeyed court orders, then we might get into jail time, but we're also not talking about the cake any more, which you don't want to admit.
    Who says I don't want to admit it? You are the one who balked at jail being used when you now admit it is a potential outcome if they refused to abide by the court orders. It is you who doesn't want to admit something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who says I don't want to admit it? You are the one who balked at jail being used when you now admit it is a potential outcome if they refused to abide by the court orders. It is you who doesn't want to admit something.
    Not in the least.

The jail time in question is not for "refusing to bake a cake", which is what you claimed, and I disputed.

Since you've admitted you made that shit up at this point, I don't know why you're continuing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Two issues with your statement.

First, Federal Law says 18.
    Second, the 2nd Amendment doesn't place an age restriction on the right to own a firearm. I am sure the courts would rule this is an undue burden on our Constitutional rights.
    FALSE. Otherwise, there wouldn't be an age restriction on handguns currently. You cannot buy a handgun until you are 21.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not in the least. The jail time in question is not for "refusing to bake a cake", which is what you claimed, and I disputed. Since you've admitted you made that shit up at this point, I don't know why you're continuing with this.
    The jail time would have been brought about because of their refusal to bake the cake. They wouldn't have faced potential jail time if they baked the cake. Where did I say I made it up? Seriously. Do you often bludgeon people into submission with your delusions?

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    I mean thats garbage in itself..

We can force a chuch to hold a gay wedding against their beliefs that its an abomination but not a store to follow the law? what kinda bullshit is that.

the argument used when the gays sued the cake baker I remember it being that if the cake baker didn't want to bake a cake they could stop selling cakes to any wedding.
    So if Dicks doesn't want to follow the law then Stops selling guns at all.
    WRONG. The bolded NEVER happened. The Italicized never happened either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galaar View Post
    This.

The 2nd Amendment protects the right to bear arms and the federal legal age of adulthood is 18. Federal Law overrides State Law as well.

Cigarettes, alcohol are not protected by the Constitution. Thus comparisons to them are like apples to oranges.
    WRONG. Otherwise you would be able to buy a handgun at 18 too. You cannot.

10+ Year Old Account
    The jail time would have been brought about because of their refusal to bake the cake. They wouldn't have faced potential jail time if they baked the cake. Where did I say I made it up? Seriously. Do you often bludgeon people into submission with your delusions?
    You'll notice that refusal to bake cakes (i.e. deny service for service reason) is not actually illegal anywhere.

So, no. The punishment is for selective discrimination against a protected class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?
    Probably all the dozens of laws that are on the books that infringe on it.