Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    If something is occurring (gold selling), it is statistically safe to say that it is still occurring unless there is data to presume that it has changed.

Gold selling used to be a problem, you agree? Well statistically speaking, if there is no statistical data to proof that it has changed then the presumption is that it hasn't changed. And I see no evidence to support that the problem has changed so your claims are mathematically unproven therefor the problem has not changed.

You need mathematical data to prove a change in something
    No, I only need mathematical data to disprove mathematical data you have provided. Which you haven't.

I can refute your anecdotal claim with anecdotal evidence just fine. The evidence that 3rd party gold selling has decreased is twofold - far less in game advertising for such services, and the huge success of the system that was instituted in the game to destroy it - wow tokens.

Your evidence to the contrary so far is nothing except "I said so".

Anecdotal data. Show me some real mathematical data to back up your claims because there is no evidence to support that it has changed.
    Do you have the data to back up it hasn't? At least anecdotal data still beats completely pulling it out of your ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    No, I only need mathematical data to disprove mathematical data you have provided. Which you haven't.

I can refute your anecdotal claim with anecdotal evidence just fine. The evidence that 3rd party gold selling has decreased is twofold - far less in game advertising for such services, and the huge success of the system that was instituted in the game to destroy it - wow tokens.

Your evidence to the contrary so far is nothing except "I said so".
    I see you know nothing about how statistical data works. You claim something has changed with no evidence. I refuse to accept that something has changed without any evidence to support it. How can someone provide evidence to something that has be persistently going on since the dawn of this game? Do you want evidence that the sky is blue too?

That's like you saying "the sky is red" and I say "it's still blue like it's always been" then you asking me to provide evidence that the sky is still blue without providing evidence that the sky is red.

I addressed your wow token claim and your "I personally don't see as many ads!" claims as evidence already. It's not evidence.

I'm not making claims with no evidence. I'm refusing to accept your claim of change without you providing evidence. There is a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Do you have the data to back up it hasn't? At least anecdotal data still beats completely pulling it out of your ass.
    Read my previous post.
    Last edited by mmoce81e69ea37; 2018-03-06 at 01:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    Although a lot of players are advocating for no changes at all, i'm sure Blizzard will changes things. And i'm not talking about lfd/lfr, transmog or other things along those lines.

I talk about things like, widescreen monitor support, high resolution monitor support, dx9/10/11 support. Compatibility with Windows 10, multi-core cpu usage and other stuff. I don't see people talking about those changes.

Or are people of the opinion that even those things shouldn't be changed?
    Obviously the technical and performance side will get updated since we're not in 2004 anymore. There's no reason to use the tech from over decade that will probably cause issues.

The "no changes part" is all about the gameplay side.

Read my previous post.
    You mean the one where you tried to polish your turd? Doubling down on stupidity doesn't make it better.

If you want to argue that the near complete disappearance of gold-sellers from trade (for which they used stolen accounts) is unrelated to the introduction of the wow-token and the leveling boosts, and that they occurred around the same time-frame is pure coincidence, and that the volume sales om wow-tokens are somehow all related to a completely new and separate audience in the gold-buying market, then be my guest. Just don't expect to be taken seriously.

I'm not making claims with no evidence.
    Yes you are. You are claiming that WoW tokens did nothing to reduce 3rd party gold selling. A claim that defies logic and is asserted with zero evidence.

Deleted
    Yes you are. You are claiming that WoW tokens did nothing to reduce 3rd party gold selling. A claim that defies logic and is asserted with zero evidence.
    If your reading comprehension is up to par, you should go back and read where I said wow tokens is not evidence to support your claims. I didn't say whether or whether not wow tokens reduce 3rd party gold selling because there is no evidence to support either answer. So you cannot use that as evidence to support your argument.

I didn't say whether or whether not wow tokens reduce 3rd party gold selling
    Yes, you did. Right here:

Which didn't work for shit.
    Now stop digging.

5+ Year Old Account
    I have the feeling that Blizzard will massively screw Classic up. They are sure to cave to the "QoL" crowd, like they've done several times in the past, and will publish a Patchwerk-like (yes, a huge, ugly abomination) game with repulsive features such as LFD, buyable gold, "balanced" (i.e. homogenized) classes, and so forth. Honestly, I don't trust Activision-Blizzard in the slightest, especially with a guy like J. A. "you think you do, but you don't" Brack running the show.

Deleted
    Yes, you did. Right here:

Now stop digging.
    Statement was based off lack of evidence to support change. Do you not comprehend statistics?

nit pick the parts you want to hear I guess.

This claim has no evidence. Who is to say that the people buying wow tokens are the same people who break the rules to buy gold from 3rd parties? They could possibly be 2 completely different audiences of people, one who are willing to break the rules and still do and one who aren't willing to break the rules. Your claim holds no value.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, the main objective of WoW tokens is to combat gold sellers. Which were a massive, massive problem in Vanilla.

As for group finder, I am talking about the UI function only, not the random dungeon queue system.
    I mean, even if they don't add the group finder UI options (which is fucking great btw), with updated addon support from curse and affiliates well have an addon that does it. If people really don't think well be running our 60s through simcraft they're nuts, these servers will likely be very popular (at the start at the very least) so there will be a TON of 3rd party support. We we essentially have our suites of addons, which is nice because the old bar tender and SW stats are fucking awful addons.

Statement was based off lack of evidence to support change. Do you not comprehend statistics?
    What statistics? You've provided none.

You said (direct quote) that wow tokens "didn't work for shit". This is a claim you've made with zero to back it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    I mean, even if they don't add the group finder UI options (which is fucking great btw), with updated addon support from curse and affiliates well have an addon that does it.
    Truth is that if they don't add a group finder then people will just use a very similar system in discord to find groups. Which is why they'll add it.

No changes crows simply can't get their head around the fact that the internet is not the same as it was 15 years ago. There is not going to be the community they remember in WoW. Even now most guilds exist more on discord than they do in game. As does most theorycrafting/high end game discussion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Truth is that if they don't add a group finder then people will just use a very similar system in discord to find groups. Which is why they'll add it.

No changes crows simply can't get their head around the fact that the internet is not the same as it was 15 years ago. There is not going to be the community they remember in WoW. Even now most guilds exist more on discord than they do in game. As does most theorycrafting/high end game discussion.
    Path of Exile doesn't have LFD and it's doing just fine. And in that game, while in theory you can do everything solo, it's much more rewarding in a group, that's why the most lucrative endgame activities are almost always undertaken in groups, unless you massively outgear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Path of Exile doesn't have LFD and it's doing just fine. And in that game, while in theory you can do everything solo, it's much more rewarding in a group, that's why the most lucrative endgame activities are almost always undertaken in groups, unless you massively outgear it.
    Again it seems you're still struggling to tell the difference between group finder and LFD.

Group finder is the tool that helps you look for extra members of your group. You know, where you manually take a look at a list of people applying for your group and choose the person you want. This is what will be in classic since it's a massive improvement on trade chat spam.

Deleted
    Again it seems you're still struggling to tell the difference between group finder and LFD.

Group finder is the tool that helps you look for extra members of your group. You know, where you manually take a look at a list of people applying for your group and choose the person you want. This is what will be in classic since it's a massive improvement on trade chat spam.
    I expect we'll see it in its modern form, but without the LFD and LFR tools. So you'll have tabs for PVP, Dungeons, and Raids, with the ability to send requests, request info etc.

5+ Year Old Account

If you mean the BC version of group finder, that's fine by me. But on these boards, I've seen people use the terms LFD and group finder almost interchangeably.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    If you mean the BC version of group finder, that's fine by me. But on these boards, I've seen people use the terms LFD and group finder almost interchangeably.
    Group finder and LFD are 2 totally different things. Not my problem if you don't understand the difference.

But no I do not mean the BC version of group finder, which was useless. I mean the current version of group finder, which is very good.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2018-03-07 at 04:03 AM.

No changes will happen. Blizzard isn't going to cater classic to retail players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    No changes will happen. Blizzard isn't going to cater classic to retail players.
    Correct. But neither are they going to cater it towards a tiny group of people who've demonstrated that they aren't interested in paying subscriptions. They are going to cater it toward people who have never played before. Which means changes will happen.

5+ Year Old Account
    Correct. But neither are they going to cater it towards a tiny group of people who've demonstrated that they aren't interested in paying subscriptions. They are going to cater it toward people who have never played before. Which means changes will happen.
    Tiny? Source please. Evidently it is large enough for Blizzard to commit to Classic after years of dismissing it. And why would they pay a sub for a game that is no longer available? Trying to cater to retail and vanilla crowds at the same time just spells failure. As for people who have played neither... I don't think they will play MMO's in the first place, but who knows... Vanilla proved that could introduce lots of newbies to the genre.