Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    And the AQ40 models need an update.

If not just because all of BfA seems to be updating everything in the game, but potentially for Classic WoW (HD) as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    It's not new really, it's an HD update on the existing one.
    Then you should go back to Pandaria and get a good look. These new models have spikes and tentacles. The Colossi don't.

Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about so please refrain from being a dumbass on the forums and double check what you're going to talk about before you talk about it.

This new model seems to be a void-influenced version of a Silithid Colossus. And even if you were to say that this new model is an HD update of THIS colossus you'd STILL be wrong because it's way different.

Last edited by DaHomieG; 2018-03-07 at 04:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously zerg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    they say its new but it looks just like the ones in pandaria
    it's model skeleton of the colossals from AQ in classic

This model isn't new. It's one of the Klaxxi colossi.
    the model has been in since vanilla... it's a silithid as well.

edit:

I think we can all agree that it's an updated version of something that's been around for awhile. sort of like how we got updated wolf mounts in WoD. As far as we've been lead to believe, Ahn'qiraj was a place where aqir have existed and those bug like beings were aqir. Mantid, Nerubians, and Qiraji are all aqir until lore states otehrwise.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2018-03-07 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    the model has been in since vanilla... it's a silithid as well.

edit:

I think we can all agree that it's an updated version of something that's been around for awhile. sort of like how we got updated wolf mounts in WoD. As far as we've been lead to believe, Ahn'qiraj was a place where aqir have existed and those bug like beings were aqir. Mantid, Nerubians, and Qiraji are all aqir until lore states otehrwise.
    I mean, don't the tol'vir run on the same skeleton as the centaur and other quadrupedal humanoids? In the end this is just a circular nit-pick that misses the larger concept: Aqir are now literally present in the game.

(Not to say you're the one making a fuss out of this, you're just who I ended up quoting after reading this tiring argument for 2 pages.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    I mean, don't the tol'vir run on the same skeleton as the centaur and other quadrupedal humanoids?
    I was under teh impression that they had to redo the legs on tol'vir vs centaur since they don't bend the same way

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    I mean, don't the tol'vir run on the same skeleton as the centaur and other quadrupedal humanoids? In the end this is just a circular nit-pick that misses the larger concept: Aqir are now literally present in the game.

(Not to say you're the one making a fuss out of this, you're just who I ended up quoting after reading this tiring argument for 2 pages.)
    Most quadrupedal races are actually quite different, animation-wise. Tol'vir and Centaur use entirely different animations - take a look at their run animations, for instance. Two that use the same animations are Magnataur and Genesaurs, which are also different from Tol'vir and Centaur due to the fact that they attack downward.
    For reference:
    Kolkar Centaur
    Tol'vir Merchant
    Yalnu
    Magnataur Huntress
    Particularly look at their "run" and "attack1h" animations. Also, Tol'vir have nearly twice the amount of animations as Centaur.

But otherwise, I agree with your statement.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    In the Silithus quests the... hm, the Gnome I think it was?... said the 'new' Silithids emerging from the destroyed hives look stronger and somehow changed from the ones that were there before.
    Maybe those changes will include tentacle-faces in the future?

Makes me think of this guy, which was previously datamined.

Maybe Aqir evolved from Faceless Ones? Seems logical to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Falarson View Post
    Makes me think of this guy, which was previously datamined.

Maybe Aqir evolved from Faceless Ones? Seems logical to me.
    The Aqir, N'raqi (Faceless Ones) and C'thraxi (the lobster-like faceless like the one in your pic) were all born from the Old God's flesh together, so it makes sense that they'd have some similarities.
    Given that Qiraji, Nerubians and Mantid all have multiple forms, and similar beasts in their territory, it's likely we'll see more Aqir castes.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    ... That's a Zerg Queen!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

This model isn't new. It's one of the Klaxxi colossi.
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    they say its new but it looks just like the ones in pandaria
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except those alone are not klaxxi
    We have had that shape since vanilla, so idk why you call them klaxxi...
    The name of the creature is a Kunchong, btw.

Ye I can remember the name of a damn bug from 3 expacs ago but not to set an alarm for work this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    The name of the creature is a Kunchong, btw.

Ye I can remember the name of a damn bug from 3 expacs ago but not to set an alarm for work this morning.
    uhh what?
    i know the things in pandaria were called kunchong, but i was saying that we have had that shape since vanilla, called the silithid collosi

5+ Year Old Account
    Nah, just a regular silthid trying out a new hairdo...

But srsly, whatever it is, is looks dope (and I smell new lore/drama...)