Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Go on. Provide some evidence. If you're so confident that you're right, it should be easy.
    I'm not on a mission to convince anyone here like you guys seem to be. Convincing anyone of anything this ideological doesn't occur here anyway given the limitations of the medium.

But then, you're the guy who claimed video footage from the ISS was CGI because you didn't want to accept what actual video footage showed.
    Why do you bring up forbidden topics here? Does your mod status give you immunity? Seems pretty cowardly to me.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Why do liberals complain about income inequality in the U.S. when they support IMPORTING of POOR people from around the world? Do POOR people become rich automaticly when they arrive in the U.S.? What is the logic behind that?
    Do you really think "poor" people come here with the intent to say poor? Really? Really??

- - - Updated - - -

Go on. Provide some evidence. If you're so confident that you're right, it should be easy.
    I know this really doesn't be needed to be said, especially to you, but do you really expect a flat-earther like Hammerfest to be able to provide evidence?

Better still... do you think he even wants actual evidence other than things that validate his irrational idea (fears) of what the world is? Do you believe this request actually makes him think of his sources?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post

... because of precisely the mentality that I described. If you let a leftist protestor talk long enough, they'll eventually get around to saying exactly what I've said they believe... because they do.
    No, they do not. Spouting off hyperbole does not help your argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    No, they do not. Spouting off hyperbole does not help your argument.
    Oh we're having an argument, are we? Is that what you think this is?

Oh we're having an argument, are we? Is that what you think this is?
    A debate is an argument, yes. Glad I could help you learn some English today.

[QUOTE=Edge-;49015894]This isn't true at all. Social mobility was a defining feature of America well after the "frontier" was conquered and we were increasingly becoming a more urbanized country.

Not to mention that the US, last I recall, is well behind many of our European counterparts in this regard. Counterparts that are equally as developed and don't have "frontiers" to throw people at.
    The counterparts have stagnated. They are now importing poor people from outside the system i.e. middle eastern immigrants. And MANY parts of European nations such as sweden on track to becoming third world simply for IMPORTING poor people, not NATURAL grown poor people.

That's not true at all, because were social mobility still at the same level it once was many of these people would be succeeding and leaving poverty and moving into the middle class. Instead, policies over the years have increasingly squeezed folks out of the middle class while concentrating wealth at the top, leading to a decline in social mobility. You're looking at the effect and claiming that's the cause, you have it backwards.
    Many people ARE moving upwards. But Birth RATE of Poor people FAR surpasses birth rate of middle class people. Thus, the growth of poor people in the end. It takes TIME (18 years minimum) to get one poor person educated and into middle class. By then that poor person already produced 3 or 4 poor person. and you imported 6 or 7 more poor person, they have 6 or 7 children who are guess what also poor.

It's literally not. At all. Kansas tried full forced trickle down and the legislature ended up having to override the governors veto in order to raise taxes as their state economy was completely crippled.

Offcourse, they had to raise taxes. Cutting taxes does not get rid of poor people who are already here. Tax rate has to continuously increase to care for newly arrived and newly born poor people.

Were wealth trickling down, we wouldn't have the increasing concentration of wealth at the top while everyone else increasingly loses out and earns a smaller and smaller share of the pool.

Everyone else having billions of babies, making bad choices, and are competing for few jobs on top of that importing more poor people. While rich are not having billion of kids. Their power remains concentrated.

Except instead folks are clamboring for coal to come back and for manufacturing jobs to come back, despite them never coming back due to market realities, rather than ask for training for jobs more appropriate for the current marketplace. And rather than make it easier to get higher education we're increasingly making it harder and less affordable.

They are doing that because you are importing poor people. you are not spending money on their education but on education of newly arrived poor people. You are getting rid of those jobs artificially, rather than natural progression as retraining takes TIME. YOU are not only replacing the current jobs, you are also replacing new created jobs with again foreigners i.e. INDIAN visas.

This is backwards, we need more people who fill empty positions with specific skillsets and contribute to the tax pool to offset the costs incurred by social programs that weren't designed for folks who live this long.

We DON"T need MORE poor people. We at BEST need small amount of specific skillset. YOU know automation already replaced brown people jobs in JAPAN?

How?
    Bargaining power due to having valuable skillset in less numbers such as after the black plague. That is how feudalism ENDED, CHURCH LOST power.

The US imports both skilled and unskilled labor, as both are needed due to a lack of Americans who are either qualified to fill many of those positions or who simply do not want to fill those positions. Americans aren't lining up to go work in the fields anymore, those aren't high paying jobs.

Answer me this, do you sincerely believe U.S. is CONTINOUSLY growing jobs that no one wants to fill? Say in 1 billion years, are we NEVER going to get those jobs saturated with workers? What about newly born poor people from those poor people that are filling jobs that "no one" wants to do? Have you considered WHY those jobs are not high paying? And on skilled labor, why do we have universities if we are not filling skilled labor with our native population? And if skilled labor base did not exist, then who is training those newly arrived skilled labor from other countries? Last time i checked, oh yeh the skilled labor base of this country was training skilled laborers that were replacing them.

Citation required*

Education is funded by property taxes. Poor legal and illigals who arrive in the country do not pay property tax or income tax or any other kinds of tax due to well they are poor and are given tax refund. Their children are legal american citizens and they get education paid for. All the while their parents are not contributing in funding the schools. Since, they also have MANY MANY MANY children, it gets even worse. The education that was funded for 3 people, now has to serve 20 people, until well taxes are raised even more on middle class people.

This reads like nativist bullshit.

How? How are folks incentivized to have more kids? Welfare and shit does give you a great life, yo.
    Because YOU never been poor. Life of an american poor is 100 times better than a poor person in India. Welfare incentivizes more children for poor people because they can get more state services through their many children. Child tax credit is another thing many poor person claim, along with EIC.

Literally what?
    Increased avilabilty of labor leads to competition for low wages. Rich can pay next to nothing because well there are billions of poor workers with no skill set. Money and power concentrates in few hands because well there are billions of low skilled workers. Evantually entire class will develop i.e. feudalism.

So...just kill off the poor folks? Because that seems to be the subtext to most of your post.

allow poor people to DIE. Let them make their own bed to death. Poor people do not deserve to live equally as long as rich people. Let new blood take their place.

10+ Year Old Account
    A debate is an argument, yes.
    Now you think we're having a debate? Is that what you think this is?

10+ Year Old Account
    And if you're claiming the American Left hasn't got income equality as one of their values, you're just obviously, objectively in denial or simply ignorant of what they've been saying for decades.
    Then prove it.

Put up, or shut up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Now you think we're having a debate? Is that what you think this is?
    Yes.

Argument
    a : the act or process of arguing, reasoning, or discussing : argumentation
    b : a coherent series of reasons, statements, or facts intended to support or establish a point of view

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/argument

Perhaps find a 5th grader to help you learn what words mean.

[QUOTE=mvaliz;49015984]Do you really think "poor" people come here with the intent to say poor? Really? Really??

- - - Updated - - -

Intent is irrelevant. They want to become rich but have no skillset or capacity to do so. An extremely hardworker who was born poor in their native country and is illiterate will NEVER going to get middle class. No matter how hard he tries. He won't even survive without welfare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.
    No. That's not what this is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Intent is irrelevant. They want to become rich but have no skillset or capacity to do so.
    Despite immigrants generally proving more successful and socially mobile than native born Americans. 'Kay.

An extremely hardworker who was born poor in their native country and is illiterate will NEVER going to get middle class.
    Not with people like you grinding him down, no.

No matter how hard he tries. He won't even survive without welfare.
    You seem to not have a basic working knowledge of the history of immigration, let alone immigrants themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not on a mission to convince anyone here like you guys seem to be. Convincing anyone of anything this ideological doesn't occur here anyway given the limitations of the medium.
    You're basically straight-up admitting that you can't prove your own claims to be true, and that you're making it all up to suit your own partisan bias. Well, okay then. Enjoy your fantasy world, I guess.

Why do you bring up forbidden topics here? Does your mod status give you immunity? Seems pretty cowardly to me.
    A> I'm not a mod any more, I stepped down a couple months ago.
    B> Your refusal to consider evidence that's right in front of your own face is not a "forbidden topic".

An extremely hardworker who was born poor in their native country and is illiterate will NEVER going to get middle class. No matter how hard he tries. He won't even survive without welfare.
    ...my mother came over when she was 18 from Germany, and she couldn't speak a word of english and had little-to-no money whatsoever.

She ended up doing quite well and in the Middle Class, as our family ended up.

As the other poster's have said - go read a history book. Or, better still, some business success stories of many MANY immigrants who came over with nothing.

allow poor people to DIE. Let them make their own bed to death. Poor people do not deserve to live equally as long as rich people. Let new blood take their place.
    Formatting of the rest of your post is kinda hard to try to sift through, but thanks for disabusing me of any illusions that you have basic human empathy and compassion.

Poor folks just don't deserve to live no matter what the reasons of their poverty, gotcha. Why not just like round them up? We could put them in camps or something. Probably give them a name, maybe something related to the concentration of poor folks there? Then we could just like, force them to work until they die, possibly helping along the way to speed their way to death since it just costs so much to feed and clothe those stupid poor folks. Yeah, concentration camps sound like a great solution to the poverty problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    Do renters pay property taxes?
    Yes, unless you're suggesting that their landlords don't pay said property taxes out of their rental income.

Just because they don't pay it directly to the city/state doesn't mean they aren't paying them.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

15+ Year Old Account
    Income inequality is essentially the death of social mobility, the very essence and means by which people "pull themselves up by their bootstraps".

Conservatives used to want to facilitate this process. Now it seems they only want to hinder or just outright kill social mobility.

Such a shame to see conservatives want to have a race to the bottom in terms of median household income and social mobility for the developed world.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

You're basically straight-up admitting that you can't prove your own claims to be true, and that you're making it all up to suit your own partisan bias. Well, okay then. Enjoy your fantasy world, I guess.
    Enjoy your fantasy world where the DNC's real agenda and platform is the one they decide to reveal to the public.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Putricide View Post
    Enjoy your fantasy world where the DNC's real agenda and platform is the one they decide to reveal to the public.
    The real Republican agenda is to fatten children up for ritual sacrifice to the Intergalactic Emperor Xenu, where the sacrificed children's bodies will later be consumed by fellow Republicans. This is followed by races through burning piles of money, where the losers are left to suffocate in the flames of waste. And thus a conservative utopia shall be born.

You can't prove it's not their real agenda because of course they won't reveal this to the public.

This is my roundabout way of saying that this is a pretty ludicrous statement.

this is, middle school level egdyness right here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Putricide View Post
    oh wow dude, ya got em!