Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Azerite gear looks ....

The first datamined "buffs" we'll get from azerite gear seem to be very dull and uninteresting.
    Passive stat boost and extra hits noone will notice in their rotation.

What is stuff you hope to see in the azerite gear or have you already given up on azerite gear being interesting in any way?

5+ Year Old Account
    From what I understood from looking at it these are 'tier 1' ones, meaning the first circle. They were always going to be garbage.

They showcased the Azerite bonuses as what essentially boiled down to Artifact traits with a genuine choice in trait. But the datamined bonuses all seem very generic and bland.
    Obviously things can still change, but I was hoping Azerite gear could alter gameplay slightly in the same way legendaries accomplished that in Legion. Not just provide XYZ stat increases or buffs like the Netherlight Crucible tier 2 upgrades. I'll certainly miss the gambling build on my elemental shaman.

I think they even gave the example of shamans being able to choose between increased move speed for ghost wolf (to get out of area damage) or increased damage reduction on our DR CD, so the current bonuses certainly deviate from the original plan.

Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    From what I understood from looking at it these are 'tier 1' ones, meaning the first circle. They were always going to be garbage.
    I hope you're right
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

My guess is we get the first Azerite gear for quests while leveling and it's not supposed to boost us much.

I think we can expect a mixture of netherlight crucible and set boni for the later stuff and the strength of the buffs (or amount of rings) depends on where the gear is from. The range probably goes from flat small buffs, over proccs of varying size (crucible line 2) or relic-style stuff, to stuff like 2pc and 4pc in power.

Yea, every gear will have specific bonuses, I believes these ones are for quest/low item level gear, and it's just Tier 1 anyway.

Tier one shown, lets start bitching without even seeing any of the other tiers. None of the basic traits for the Artifact weapons were worth a damn either, just all "increase damage" here and "increase healing" there. It was the golden ones that changed gameplay.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    I agree. It looks VERY plain. Looks Like a somehow less interesting then any of the Traits of the crucible. And by far less interesting then any of the not even "golden" Artifact traits but most of the artifact trait. I am truly amazed at how boring and plain they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I presume that the armor will just provide utility in later stages.
    There will always exist one best skill-setup for single target or multitarget provided via the talent trees.
    I think what they would like to achieve with azurite armor is to give the player more possibilities to alter their playstyle without having to abandom on certain damage talents from the original talent tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    It was the golden ones that changed gameplay.
    Some passives brought big utility upgrades though. Orbs proc for Demon Hunters, second Finger of Frost stack for Frost Mages, healing on Dispersion or Spirits on VT's crits for Shadow Priest.

Plus, except one passive, most of the "damage boosts" on the Artifacts were at least focused for your spec. Boosting the crit chance of whatever spell. What we have with Azerite is "random chance when you do whatever to proc xxx", which is valid for all classes. They didn't even tried to make the effort to design class-based items.

OT : I don't expect anything from this watered-down system. Tier 3 "talents" will likely be boring passives as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Some passives brought big utility upgrades though. Orbs proc for Demon Hunters, second Finger of Frost stack for Frost Mages, healing on Dispersion or Spirits on VT's crits for Shadow Priest.

Plus, except one passive, most of the "damage boosts" on the Artifacts were at least focused for your spec. Boosting the crit chance of whatever spell. What we have with Azerite is "random chance when you do whatever to proc xxx", which is valid for all classes. They didn't even tried to make the effort to design class-based items.

OT : I don't expect anything from this watered-down system. Tier 3 "talents" will likely be boring passives as well.
    Yep. The random proc things are worse than even "% damage increase on your frostbolt" as it requires no interaction whatsoever. Is this what they meant when they said they didn't want "boring stat increases"?

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I agree. It looks VERY plain. Looks Like a somehow less interesting then any of the Traits of the crucible. And by far less interesting then any of the not even "golden" Artifact traits but most of the artifact trait. I am truly amazed at how boring and plain they are.
    This is only the first set. You get three items each with 4 tiers of bonuses, and the bonuses are specific to the item. We'll likely see much, much more of them over the course of BfA.

These bonuses are quite likely for leveling gear, so you wouldn't want them to be super special.

Deleted
    ever heard of t-mog?

5+ Year Old Account
    tier 1 and 2 seem to be netherlight crucible status- passive and nothing much to think about... Tier 3 seems to be tinkering with the legiondary-type-awesomeness, and i hope they push in that direction.

If tier 3 is too awesome, and there is a worry that it will be too good for certain fights (cleave, or single target) then there should be an option to 'respec' azerite gear. I'm not a game designer, so this is off the top of my head, but it has potential... alpha is alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by skidfromsteamwheedlecarte View Post
    ever heard of t-mog?
    Ever heard of reading the post before making yourself look like a fool? It was in reference to the buffs etc and not the appearence (although the neck is a neck and doesn’t have one).

ever heard of t-mog?
    LMAO man you're a champ!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Ever heard of reading the post before making yourself look like a fool? It was in reference to the buffs etc and not the appearence (although the neck is a neck and doesn’t have one).
    title states regarding 'looks' of gear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    Why must tier 1 be garbage and dull? Might as well not have it in the first place.
    I want every tier to matter, otherwise you might as well make none but 1-2.

- - - Updated - - -

1) Read title
    2) Comment without reading post
    3) Next thread, repeat

7+ Year Old Account
    ever heard of t-mog?
    Fuck I laughed!
    I looked at the title, then just /smh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    Why must tier 1 be garbage and dull? Might as well not have it in the first place.
    I want every tier to matter, otherwise you might as well make none but 1-2.

- - - Updated - - -

1) Read title
    2) Comment without reading post
    3) Next thread, repeat
    DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO /edgyteen

Hence “ever heard of reading the post”