Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somebody has written a good Prime leveling guide for Clerics from level 1 to 60 and explains all abilities to use and change as you level up:

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5340758

10+ Year Old Account
    I've not commented on RIFT at all this year (over a year, I think). I've been focusing on other things.

I'm in two minds about this thing. There is a certain appeal to starting over - especially with no cash shop, with a new economy. Basically, it's giving subscribers (patrons) what they expect from a sub-based game. The question is - will Trion be able to keep to this philosophy - we all know how they've flip-flopped in the past.

For what you get, how they've gone about it, advertised it (the bold print giveth, fine print taketh away) - it's really hard not to dismiss as a desperate, carefully planned limited resource/time investment "cash grab" to give a life-line to a company that is shedding the extremely limited dev talent they had, are maybe just trying to "buy time" to fix their dev team and content release schedule. Can you blame a company trying to survive and keep staff employed, though?

Why can't they just have a permanent sub (loot-box and p2w free) server (with accelerated XP) and a F2P one? This would be more logical to me.

I'll be streaming (if the servers open on time) at 7pm UCT, 11am Pacific Time.

Of course, I absolutely don't trust Trion to deliver a polished, non-buggy, balanced product and I go into this knowingly, but frankly, I don't care because I just want to be there for day one. I'll throw 15 bucks at that. Heck, I'll be impressed if the server goes live when they say it will.

https://twitter.com/WockyCC/status/971299498768125954

Last edited by theWocky; 2018-03-07 at 09:36 AM.

I would love nothing more than to play Rift as it was back in the day in it's original format and would possibly buy into it and give Trion the benefit of the doubt if that was the case but I won't throw money at this amalgamation.

The idea of not being able to have the same spec choices I had back then is a huge turn off alone, let alone the server itself having a limited lifespan and me being extremely wary by now of Trion's integrity and their shady penny pinching practices.
    I hope those who try it get to enjoy it, personally I will have to politely decline.

No original souls, no subscription.

Not sure why the devs can't do an accurate vanilla experience. It's almost like version control doesn't exist...

Quote Originally Posted by justinhalfout View Post
    I would love nothing more than to play Rift as it was back in the day in it's original format and would possibly buy into it and give Trion the benefit of the doubt if that was the case but I won't throw money at this amalgamation.

The idea of not being able to have the same spec choices I had back then is a huge turn off alone, let alone the server itself having a limited lifespan and me being extremely wary by now of Trion's integrity and their shady penny pinching practices.
    I hope those who try it get to enjoy it, personally I will have to politely decline.
    Exactly this! But the fanboys will disagree, because overlord Trion said you don't actually want that.

Sadly Rift Prime feels a bit half assed.. But seeing how Trion excuses themself;

The main reason they can't do this is because the hardware and code for those old souls and version of the game aren't used anymore and loading them up now would completely break the game.
    is just laughable..

Any balance changes will happen on live and PTS first and then carry over to prime
    once it's up and running, it won't require much attention outside of turning on some switches.
    So.. expect 0 support from Trion for Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Fact: Prime starts with the original eight classes per calling, you will unlock the extra souls through gameplay by, guess what?, progressing through the game,
    So you are saying that the souls and classes play differently than they do on live, playing like they did back when the game came out? Which is contrary to what has been stated manybtimes?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Sadly Rift Prime feels a bit half assed.. But seeing how Trion excuses themself;

is just laughable..
    That laughable reason is why it takes 2-3 years for Blizzard to get WoW Classic out.

It's only laughable if you have no clue what you are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    So you are saying that the souls and classes play differently than they do on live, playing like they did back when the game came out? Which is contrary to what has been stated manybtimes?
    No, that's not what he is saying. How did you come up with that with conclusion from what he said?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    That laughable reason is why it takes 2-3 years for Blizzard to get WoW Classic out.

- - - Updated - - -

No, that's not what he is saying. How did you come up with that with conclusion from what he said?
    Because they want to actually work on it and deliver a polished product? I'd happily wait for a product of higher quality than play a rushed one now that isn't even a proper version of the old game. Least I know I'm getting what I want if I just be patient.

Oh and that was their original reason years ago when people were asking around Cata/MoP time. Which has already been debunked and clarified and even they themselves admitted to a version control system.

Trion actually has nothing but excuses. It's not a case of can't. It's that they don't want to because it's too much effort.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-07 at 01:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because they want to actually work on it and deliver a polished product? I'd happily wait for a product of higher quality than play a rushed one now that isn't even a proper version of the old game.
    You sure do want to moan a lot about a game you have no intention of playing. We get it, you don't like Prime and you aren't going to play it. You have said that like 20 times already.

Oh and that was their original reason years ago when people were asking around Cata/MoP time. Which has already been debunked and clarified and even they themselves admitted to a version control system.
    When they announced WoW Classic in Blizzcon they said there are huge technical obstacles they need to overcome before Classic is released.

Trion actually has nothing but excuses. It's not a case of can't. It's that they don't want to because it's too much effort.
    It's not an excuse, it's a reason. Making a classic Rift isn't worth the time, effort and resources.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

You sure do want to moan a lot about a game you have no intention of playing. We get it, you don't like Prime and you aren't going to play it. You have said that like 20 times already.

When they announced WoW Classic in Blizzcon they said there are huge technical obstacles they need to overcome before Classic is released.

It's not an excuse, it's a reason. Making a classic Rift isn't worth the time, effort and resources.
    1. You seem to care what I think just as much. See I can do that as well. As I said to other posters in here if you don't want to see what I'm posting then you are free to throw me on ignore.

2. Cool and where did they say they didn't have the original code in that announcement? What they actually said is that some minor data is not there so it will have to be rebuilt. So if anything all you did was post misinformation on the topic.

Of course Classic will take some effort because they have to rebuild most of it for modern architecture. Rift is not doing that hence why it's more a lazy version and is arriving quicker. There is zero effort gone into this version of Rift.

3. Considering the amount of people I see asking for it then I think they should poll the community and ask them what they want. All you are doing here is making an assumption out of thin air. Let Trion do a poll that isn't one sided asking if people want Prime or Classic. Simple poll with 2 options.

I'll repeat what I said other companies can recreate it then so can Trion. They are just making up excuses as to why they can't. If it's there on a version control system then they can get it working on modern architecture. But considering their excuse for "prime credits" is just as weak I'm not surprised.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    No original souls, no subscription.

Not sure why the devs can't do an accurate vanilla experience. It's almost like version control doesn't exist...
    It does. Trion are just being lazy on the development of Prime. No other reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    -snip-
    To be honest if I'm not busy with Fornite later Wocky I might come watch you.

But yeah there just needs to be a permanent server with non P2W stuff on. As I said hopefully it encourages them to rethink their live design in terms of the shop but well I'm doubtful on that.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-07 at 01:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. You seem to care what I think just as much. See I can do that as well. As I said to other posters in here if you don't want to see what I'm posting then you are free to throw me on ignore.
    I don't care what you think. I just find it annoying that you keep repeating the same personal opinion all over again regardless of no one actually asking for you to repeat it once again. It should make you think a bit about your posting if you need to repeat to multiple people that they can put you on ignore.

2. Cool and where did they say they didn't have the original code in that announcement? They said that years ago when people first started asking.
    What does that have to do with Blizzard saying they have big technical issues to overcome before they can get Classic out?

There is zero effort gone into this version of Rift.
    And again this misinformed hyperbole from you....

3. Considering the amount of people I see asking for it then I think they should poll the community and ask them what they want. All you are doing here is making an assumption out of thin air.
    I'll take Trion's word on what's financially feasible for them over your opinions and assumptions.

I don't care what you think. I just find it annoying that you keep repeating the same personal opinion all over again regardless of no one actually asking for you to repeat it once again. It should make you think a bit about your posting if you need to keep repeating to multiple people that they can put you on ignore.

What does that have to do with Blizzard saying they have big technical issues to overcome before they can get Classic out?

And again this misinformed hyperbole from you....

I'll take Trion's word on what's financially feasible for them over your opinions and assumptions.
    1. And again I gave you a solution. Don't blame me because you aren't using it. As I said you care far too much about my posting habits in my opinion.

2. You are the one who initially made that statement that there were similar reasons from two companies. Don't ask me.

3. More an opinion. But if you say so.

4. Because you haven't been making assumptions either yes? I'd rather them ask what the community wants than them think they know what it wants. Because past experience shows they have no idea. Otherwise live wouldn't be in the current state it's in.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-07 at 01:59 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you know you have a point, when a person starts attacking you instead of your points.

Also, you do realise that Classic (as in Day 1 WoW) can't be compared to a handicapped, one legged version of Rift Live?

But sure, feel free to compare the companies, it's amusing.

Which is the point that Slip keeps ignoring. At the end of the day it is the live version of the game with bits trimmed to give the feeling of the Classic version of the game rather than doing what the other game’s progression servers do and actually rerelease the older versions of their game.

Which is the point that Slip keeps ignoring. At the end of the day it is the live version of the game with bits trimmed to give the feeling of the Classic version of the game rather than doing what the other game’s progression servers do and actually rerelease the older versions of their game.
    Here's the fun part.

Who's gonna want to pay a sub when it gets to Nightmare Tide? That is the big question. Because Nightmare Tide was when the dropoff started to occur.

And if Prime goes to 4.0 why would people pay for a slightly harder version of the current endgame which is already lacking in content?

And this is what the fans need to realise. But I have a weird feeling they will never accept it.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. And again I gave you a solution. Don't blame me because you aren't using it. As I said you care far too much about my posting habits in my opinion.
    I just wish you would understand to keep your toxicity to yourself, as a general courtesy.

2. You are the one who initially made that statement that there were similar reasons from two companies. Don't ask me.
    And there are. You aren't making any sense.

3. More an opinion. But if you say so.
    You are bad at differentiating opinions and facts. If you want to express an opinion, you need actually express it, instead of punching out fact-like one-liners and when called out on it, deflect with "oh it's just my opinion". A good simple way to differentiate an opinion and a fact is to say "I think there is zero effort gone into this version of Rift." and "There is zero effort gone into this version of Rift." If you use the latter, you are just posting lies.

4. Because you haven't been making assumptions either yes? I'd rather them ask what the community wants than them think they know what it wants. Because past experience shows they have no idea. Otherwise live wouldn't be in the current state it's in.
    And now you are assuming they haven't.......

Live is in it's current state because what the community wants and what's financially feasible for Trion don't match.

Or are you really suggesting that the people working at Trion are complete idiots?
    Last edited by Puupi; 2018-03-07 at 02:08 PM.

And there are. You aren't making any sense.

You are bad at differentiating opinions and facts. If you want to express an opinion, you need actually express it, instead of punching out fact-like one-liners and when called out on it, deflect with "oh it's just my opinion". A good simple way to differentiate an opinion and a fact is to say "I think there is zero effort gone into this version of Rift." and "There is zero effort gone into this version of Rift." If you use the latter, you are just posting lies.

And now you are assuming they haven't.......

Live is in it's current state because what the community wants and what's financially feasible for Trion don't match.
    Why should I have to put "in my opinion" over everything? Not my problem you are reading it as a fact. I've stated multiple times that anything I post is an opinion and should be taken as such. I don't need to do it for every single thing I type. As I said you care far too much about my posting habits hell even more so than I do so let's get off that matter since it has nothing to do with Prime.

Anyway back on topic.

No live is in it's current state because Trion chose that. The community consistently said they didn't want this or that but they didn't listen. Now we have a borderline P2W game that has barely any content in it's updates.

Show me where they gave the community a choice between Classic and Prime then. Go on. I'll wait. Because all I remember is them throwing out the "hard mode" server idea and then suddenly this.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-07 at 02:11 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    To paraphrase Ripley yet again "did IQs drop sharply while i was away?", what's this nonsense now? the usual suspects are crying about with "locked content?", what locked content? every Expansion is unlocked after a period of a few months so eventually when/if it ends in ~ a year's time, Rift Prime is caught up to Rift Live.

You do understand the whole point about a progression server right? each Expansion is gradually unlocked as players "progress".

You don't even seem to understand the words you use.

So content isn't locked but will be unlocked at a later date?

So you are saying that the souls and classes play differently than they do on live
    Yes, they will play differently than live. Some souls will still be locked, like Harbinger on Mage, and that will make a pretty big difference in how they are played compared to live.

, playing like they did back when the game came out?
    No, they will not play the same as when the game first came out. There have been changes since then. New souls added, that will be in later, and the way abilities were before would mess up that balance.

Which is contrary to what has been stated manybtimes?
    While I agree, their wording was very deceptive, they never really specifically stated that it would be Rift 1.0 or anything like it. The advertisements may have made it sound that way, but the actual information said differently. Never been a fan of Trion's marketing Department myself. Really need to look in to anything they say as they are kinda in their own little world and out of touch with reality.