Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Dad beats young girl and shaves her head for using Snapchat

(Source)
    A man has been arrested after a video emerged purportedly showing a father beat his daughter and shave her head. Alex Harrison, of Ferriday in Louisiana, is allegedly seen whipping the young girl with a belt as punishment for using Snapchat

He’s heard saying: ‘She wanna be grown, she getting her ass whooped and her hair bald. School is for work not f****** Snapchat. She ain’t got no business with no damn snap anyway. Stay tuned.’

The video was posted on Facebook and YouTube. At the end, he makes her look at herself and says: ‘Look at me. This is what happens when you get grown. You see that? This how you do, huh? Look at the camera. This is what you do. Now go in there and get yourself together. See if you want to be grown.’

Harrison was arrested earlier this week. He was also arrested back in August for driving under suspension. Back in May 2015, he was taken into custody for violating a protective order. Investigator Bo Stevens said: ‘There is a proper way to discipline children. This was above and beyond that. This was abuse.’

After reviewing the video, from my experience in this business, we determined that the child was abused. We determined from video evidence and witness testimony that the subject committed a serious crime.
    Video Link
    This is from a few months back, but when I stumbled on to the article it just hurt my heart. These type of parents seem to have some sort of sadistic fetish for dehumanizing their children.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-03-07 at 05:03 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He should not be a father. Dumbshit should be whipped himself.

So this dude is a piece of shit. Hard to argue. Whats the point here?

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    This is why in psychology, most personality disorders, for instance Antisocial personality disorder, usually stems from parenting like this, or neglect.

A lot of kids in juvenile hall, have antisocial personality, ditto for adults in jail.
    A lot of abuse is actually surprisingly swept under the rug, especially when it comes to non-physical forms of abuse (verbal, psychological, emotional) which can be just as if not more harmful than physical abuse.

Pretty old news, only hearing of this now? Was rather viral, and sure there was a thread here too...

Regardless, the father is an abusive bastard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    A lot of abuse is actually surprisingly swept under the rug, especially when it comes to non-physical forms of abuse (verbal, psychological, emotional) which can be just as if not more harmful than physical abuse.
    Not everyone will agree what is emotional, verbal abuse. But no one can argue a black eye, is well, what it is. Not disagreeing with the point verbal and emotional abuse can be abusive. But it is not as clear sometimes as physical abuse is. Which always is.

While I disagree with his punishment choices, I agree with his reasoning for doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    That guy is a real bastard. I just watched that video, I hope they fuck him up in prison.
    Last edited by Dellis0991; 2018-03-07 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Not everyone will agree what is emotional, verbal abuse. But no one can argue a black eye, is well, what it is. Not disagreeing with the point verbal and emotional abuse can be abusive. But it is not as clear sometimes as physical abuse is. Which always is.
    That is true, although non-physical abuse is still damaging and still something that should be looked into by social workers. Another thing is that parents and children will often mask abuse in general, children often doing so because they fear their parents or fear what will happen to their parents if CPS got involved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    While I disagree with his punishment choices, I agree with his reasoning for doing so.
    This is pure abuse, both physical and psychological.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is true, although non-physical abuse is still damaging and still something that should be looked into by social workers. Another thing is that parents and children will often mask abuse in general, children often doing so because they fear their parents or fear what will happen to their parents if CPS got involved.
    That can be a slippery slope. Emotional abuse has too much potential to be bias based on the politics in power.

snapchat? really? kids being social in school what a horrible thing!

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

This is pure abuse, both physical and psychological.
    I agree he went too damn far with that whipping and cutting a girl's hair is a big blow for her mental state.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    snapchat? really? kids being social in school what a horrible thing!
    Social media is already an out-of-control plague that's done more harm than good. If anything, children really do need to be kept away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That can be a slippery slope. Emotional abuse has too much potential to be bias based on the politics in power.
    I can see it being abused, but I would rather have CPS do something.

One definition of emotional abuse is: "any act including confinement, isolation, verbal assault, humiliation, intimidation, infantilization, or any other treatment which may diminish the sense of identity, dignity, and self-worth."1

Emotional abuse is also known as psychological abuse or as "chronic verbal aggression" by researchers. People who suffer from emotional abuse tend to have very low self-esteem, show personality changes (such as becoming withdrawn) and may even become depressed, anxious or suicidal.
    Here's a pretty straight forward definition of emotional abuse, anything done with the intent of lowering self-esteem and/or diminishing identity. Of course an issue may arise if this happens unintentionally, but that would be more along the lines of neglect rather than abuse.

Really I would like to see more work done to educate parents, especially younger ones.

And he videoed the incident? Sigh...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    That's what's so ironic in this, be punished her for using a social media site.. and then used a social media site to show what he did.
    #boycottchina

Social media is already an out-of-control plague that's done more harm than good. If anything, children really do need to be kept away from it.
    oh stop as if kdis weren't social in school since like forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Yeah, I've never understood people who record themselves doing anything that might be used against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    That's what's so ironic in this, be punished her for using a social media site.. and then used a social media site to show what he did.
    I'm surprised he didn't snap chat it. I understand discipline if your kid is fucking around on the phone in school. Get rid of the phone. Spank sure. Maybe bald isn't the way to go.

(Source)

This is from a few months back, but when I stumbled on to the article it just hurt my heart. These type of parents seem to have some sort of sadistic fetish for dehumanizing their children.
    This is awful I can't believe someone would do this.