Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    Also " durr you thonk that crit will hulp? " is like you didn't saw that other trait are like " aimeshot have 4% to reset rapid fire " or " obliterate have 5% to proc rime and deals more crit dmg "

Why this doesn't surprise me?
    Please refrain from trying to lower this discussion into a yelling fest with quotes like " durr you thonk that crit will hulp? "
    Also if i'm not mistaken obliterate already procs rime, so now it has a 5% increase chance and does a slightly bigger number. Again I do not find that interesting gameplay. And seeing how we are not getting any talents from 110 to 120 I feel like even the starter abilities should be impact full. Hunter one is a good one if rapid fire isn't already proccing of aimshot via a passive and this is again a % increase. But one or 2 good ones does not excuses the rest to be boring and dull percentages increases.

They should either impact your rotation or the way you use certain abilities. Hell i'll even settle for cool visual procs, but the boring you now have x stat extra decrease by % over x second is just lazy on blizzards part. the most interaction you'll get out of those is simming to see which one is more beneficial to your dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeklor View Post
    Please point to the part of my post where it screams fire and hell?
    Note that I didn't reply to you in particular, more to the general/median response of "if this unfinished thing goes live like this, it's shit" (not just here, but in other Alpha discussion threads)

Still, my opinion remains, as this is far from being feature-complete, you can't really discuss how it's lacking.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    They should either impact your rotation or the way you use certain abilities. Hell i'll even settle for cool visual procs, but the boring you now have x stat extra decrease by % over x second is just lazy on blizzards part. the most interaction you'll get out of those is simming to see which one is more beneficial to your dps.
    Sorry but have you tested on alpha the HOA to claim that rotation are dull?

Because afaik legion rotation are just based upon the golden trait not sure to that trait that give a flat % to that spell.

Or from tiers.

Now we don't even have the tier 0 trait since there is still the placeholder.

We are getting the major Glyph/nlc stuff

Can we understand this ???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    a) when we've seen more than a few datamined spells - the default traits of the necklace itself are roughly the equivalent of the non-golden Artifact traits, which also were mostly "+X% damage to spell Y"
    b) in a more composed manner, instead of screaming "omg this is shit and obviously can't get any better!"
    Trust me, people voicing their concern can NOT happen early enough.
    We've had expansions after expansions where significantly changes were needed and people voiced their concern as early as alpha, and yet they went unchanged all the way through to live.
    People continued with "hey it's alpha, calm down" and then "hey it's beta, calm down" and then "hey it's early live, it will be patched, calm down" jk.

At this point, none of these traits are even available, so I don't see why we are complaining. All they are doing now is shoving things in to test basic implementation, to make sure that Spell A goes in Slot B for Demon hunters instead of Slot C for Death Knights.

Once it gets to the actual hand-on testing, then we can start complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling gear always looks like junk, I would be more worried if the end game gear looks awful.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Tier one shown, lets start bitching without even seeing any of the other tiers. None of the basic traits for the Artifact weapons were worth a damn either, just all "increase damage" here and "increase healing" there. It was the golden ones that changed gameplay.
    Nothing wrong with being concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by NomCarver View Post
    Nothing wrong with being concerned.
    That's caused more than it's fair share of problems over the centuries.

Particularly when people are concerned about something without actually knowing what exactly they are concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by WurstKaeseSzenario View Post
    My guess is we get the first Azerite gear for quests while leveling and it's not supposed to boost us much.

I think we can expect a mixture of netherlight crucible and set boni for the later stuff and the strength of the buffs (or amount of rings) depends on where the gear is from. The range probably goes from flat small buffs, over proccs of varying size (crucible line 2) or relic-style stuff, to stuff like 2pc and 4pc in power.
    Netherlight was pretty uninteresting too. It really didn't change much if anything in your rotation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Tier one shown, lets start bitching without even seeing any of the other tiers. None of the basic traits for the Artifact weapons were worth a damn either, just all "increase damage" here and "increase healing" there. It was the golden ones that changed gameplay.
    Tier 1 of artifacts at least was your artifact skill which was worlds more interesting.

People need to stop with this "oh don't bitch now" because yes bitching now is when we need to be bitching. If anything is going to change at all due to complaints it would be to stuff they haven't added so if even that. Most of the stuff is set in stone at this point where the only thing with a chance to change is what hasn't been deployed.

"It's just the alpha/beta/ptr" really needs to be infractable at this point because there's enough evidence that 90% of the time actual lore or mechanics etc do NOT change on test realms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's caused more than it's fair share of problems over the centuries.

Particularly when people are concerned about something without actually knowing what exactly they are concerned about.
    See above.

Deleted
    Honestly, this isn't so bad. We developed a huge dependency from the artifacts. I prefer if the class design isn't baked in them.

But, i still disagree with the retirement of set bonuses. Out with titanforge, in with set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    Trust me, people voicing their concern can NOT happen early enough.
    We've had expansions after expansions where significantly changes were needed and people voiced their concern as early as alpha, and yet they went unchanged all the way through to live.
    People continued with "hey it's alpha, calm down" and then "hey it's beta, calm down" and then "hey it's early live, it will be patched, calm down" jk.
    You do realise you are complaining about something that isn't even implemented in any way in alpha?

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Here's the problem with bitching now.

Where's this piece of Azerite gear from and what is its ilvl?

We don't know what we're bitching about.
    /url]

The key points I'm referring to:

• A piece with the same name will have the exact same layout of traits -- You'll be able to see it in the Dungeon Journal. No RNG!

• However, higher item level pieces will have more powerful traits, but Azerite attuned pieces cannot titanforge.

So it's fair to assume there is going to be multiple sets of Azerite armor throughout many aspects of BfA. The set that these tiers are coming from, which set is it from? A leveling set? Dungeon set? PvP set? Raid set?

Right now people are bitching for the sake of bitching. Unless there's some info I've clearly missed.
    Pretty much this.

I agree that at first glance this is uninspired but we just don't have enough information atm to draw any conclusion.

Those could be the traits on leveling gear.
    Those could be the 1st tier of more advanced gear (read : non leveling) and they want to keep it simple.
    Tier 2/3/4 could have better, more engaging traits.
    Traits could get better over the course of the expansion, kind of like how set bonuses were : simple at first and more complicated for later tiers in an expansion (note : legion kind of killed that).
    Or this could mean that all the traits are going to be garbo.

We'll see.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The first datamined "buffs" we'll get from azerite gear seem to be very dull and uninteresting.
    Passive stat boost and extra hits noone will notice in their rotation.

What is stuff you hope to see in the azerite gear or have you already given up on azerite gear being interesting in any way?
    "First."

"Datamined."

Don't be preach and declare this the worst expansion over 0th Iteration features.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Regardless of what is datamined it will be a replacement for the Artifact + the Legendary system. You can be sure of that. Don't worry if you see something that seems dull. I've already seen ones that tell me all I need to know:

Resounding Protection (New) Every 30 sec, gain an absorb shield for 0 for 6 sec.

So Prydaz built into a TIER ONE slot.
    Don't forget, those are just tier ones and you can't even get to 120 on the alpha. No reason to over think it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    I agree that at first glance this is uninspired but we just don't have enough information atm to draw any conclusion.

Those could be the traits on leveling gear.
    Those could be the 1st tier of more advanced gear (read : non leveling) and they want to keep it simple.
    Tier 2/3/4 could have better, more engaging traits.
    Traits could get better over the course of the expansion, kind of like how set bonuses were : simple at first and more complicated for later tiers in an expansion (note : legion kind of killed that).
    Or this could mean that all the traits are going to be garbo.

We'll see.
    You do have enough information to draw conclusions. They are clearly labeled Teir One and from Blizzcon we saw multiple tiers clearly. They even explained that the tier 1 would be a low impact thing that might have been in the Artifact, and the subsequent tiers would be more interactive choices.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    They showcased the Azerite bonuses as what essentially boiled down to Artifact traits with a genuine choice in trait. But the datamined bonuses all seem very generic and bland.
    Obviously things can still change, but I was hoping Azerite gear could alter gameplay slightly in the same way legendaries accomplished that in Legion. Not just provide XYZ stat increases or buffs like the Netherlight Crucible tier 2 upgrades. I'll certainly miss the gambling build on my elemental shaman.

I think they even gave the example of shamans being able to choose between increased move speed for ghost wolf (to get out of area damage) or increased damage reduction on our DR CD, so the current bonuses certainly deviate from the original plan.

I hope you're right
    Tier 1 lmao. You act like the Non Gold Traits on your Artifact Weapon were anything but Stat Boosts or Survivability

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post

You do have enough information to draw conclusions. They are clearly labeled Teir One and from Blizzcon we saw multiple tiers clearly. They even explained that the tier 1 would be a low impact thing that might have been in the Artifact, and the subsequent tiers would be more interactive choices.
    How can you say we have enough to draw conclusion when the only thing we have is bunch of strings and not the actual system? I do get that you dont need actual system to bitch about it just for the sake of it.

Please refrain from trying to lower this discussion into a yelling fest with quotes like " durr you thonk that crit will hulp? "
    Also if i'm not mistaken obliterate already procs rime, so now it has a 5% increase chance and does a slightly bigger number. Again I do not find that interesting gameplay. And seeing how we are not getting any talents from 110 to 120 I feel like even the starter abilities should be impact full. Hunter one is a good one if rapid fire isn't already proccing of aimshot via a passive and this is again a % increase. But one or 2 good ones does not excuses the rest to be boring and dull percentages increases.

Well, in the specific case of Frost Death Knight, increased rime proc chance has literally been a tier set bonus multiple times. It actually changes the rotation up quite a lot, and is very powerful. Increased obliterate crit damage is also pretty big, even if it isn't rotation altering.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So basically an armor which can provide an AP gradient bonus where the higher Azerite Points (AP) means 1 to 3 bonus effects. I wonder if Blizz has plans on converge mechanics where 2 Azerite gears having the same effect grant bonus effect like set gear does or having the corresponding head-shoulder-chest pieces will grant a set effect as well.

I can foresee a 2 to 1 gear progression. As you are trying to level up your azerite gear for the Azerite effect, if a Titanforged item drops for that slot and can be considered BiS at the moment, you may equip it for most of your playtime as you continue to level up the Azerite Gear. I believe leveling up an Azerite gear would also increase the stats and item level similar to how Artifact weapon scales or any items existing in WoW.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-03-07 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    I can foresee a 2 to 1 gear progression. As you are trying to level up your azerite gear for the Azerite effect, if a Titanforged item drops for that slot and can be considered BiS at the moment, you may equip it for most of your playtime as you continue to level up the Azerite Gear. I believe leveling up an Azerite gear would also increase the stats and item level similar to how Artifact weapon scales or any items existing in WoW.
    Azerite slots are fixed and cannot Titanforge. Also, you only level up the Heart of Azeroth. The situation you describe cannot occur.