Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Why?

Everything around me tells me the time, and the thing in my pocket does more than any watch.
    Some people like accessories, and those things can bring some amount of happiness and enjoyment to people's lives.

I find joy in being able to have different watches to match my outfits. Granted, I'm gay so I guess I'm a little more conscious about my choice of accessories than most men but still... a lot of guys like to wear watches.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have several Longine Watches which value about 1200 dollars each. I think they are the best watch money can buy in terms of quality to price ratio.

I also have a Omega.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't try to explain the appeal of fashion and dressing nice to the general forum goer types. If things aren't "practical" (see cargo shorts, graphic Ts and tennis shoes) then they don't see the point.

I used to have watches, but I stopped wearing them in favor of my fitbit. It shows the time, plus keeps me healthier!
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I wouldn't try to explain the appeal of fashion and dressing nice to the general forum goer types. If things aren't "practical" (see cargo shorts, graphic Ts and tennis shoes) then they don't see the point.
    +1

/10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I haven't had a watch in like 25 years.
    Same.

There're always at least 2 clocks nearby. I always lost them or damaged them, so happy to be free now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I got a cheap WW2 pilot watch-replica.

That looks way cool! Where'd you get that?

Sadly I don't have
    But these look amazing hehe
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Deleted
    Ain't nothing as trustworthy as my old Casio wristwatch! And yes - I do use it to keep track of time, not for just fashion (the only fashionable thing on it is jut the NATO strap anyways). Hated having to reach out for my bag, zipping it out and searching for the cellphone to know the time, so I switched back to wristwatch. More comfortable and costs almost nothing, yet made by a company known for accurate timepieces. Have one with analogue display for outdoor usage (mountaineering, dog walking, sports) and one with digital for working and traveling (it's easier to switch between timezones, plus I don't want to clean the strap of this one so often).
    Last edited by mmocb141afce17; 2018-03-07 at 06:10 PM.

>wearing a watch

they never learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jademist7 View Post
    That looks way cool! Where'd you get that?
    It was a present, and I don't think they (Atlas Editions) make them anymore. But I bet you can find it on eBay or something.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Everytime I hear Casio I think of this scene from one of my fav movies.

Some people like accessories, and those things can bring some amount of happiness and enjoyment to people's lives.

I find joy in being able to have different watches to match my outfits. Granted, I'm gay so I guess I'm a little more conscious about my choice of accessories than most men but still... a lot of guys like to wear watches.
    That's fine.

My sense of fashion is more utilitarian. I have a tool kit in my work pants, and I'm not making a dirty joke.

Employee A: Anyone have a pliers?
    Me: /pulls a multi-tool from my pants

Employee B: My eyes are itchy.
    Me: /pulls eye drops out of pants

Employee C: Shit, I cut myself.
    Me: /pulls neosporin and a band-aid out of my pants

I guess the only thing I do that's fashionable is sunglasses, but that's also utilitarian.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    just bought my first time peace. value is about 500 but i bought it for 220. it's a seiko diver watch.

wearing it makes me happy.
    Seiko makes some excellent time pieces.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can see the appeal of owning a nice watch. But I fall on the practical side that there are so many things telling time around us. It's more a pretty accessory than anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    That's fine.

My sense of fashion is more utilitarian. I have a tool kit in my work pants, and I'm not making a dirty joke.

Employee A: Anyone have a pliers?
    Me: /pulls a multi-tool from my pants

Employee B: My eyes are itchy.
    Me: /pulls eye drops out of pants

Employee C: Shit, I cut myself.
    Me: /pulls neosporin and a band-aid out of my pants

I guess the only thing I do that's fashionable is sunglasses, but that's also utilitarian.
    That's actually pretty cool!

I think watches are still somewhat utilitarian. I don't like pulling my phone out just to check the time so my watch is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    i miss that guy who would constantly post about his rolex collection.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

That's actually pretty cool!

I think watches are still somewhat utilitarian. I don't like pulling my phone out just to check the time so my watch is good.
    I've not worn a watch for years. They get caught on things, and I can't wear one when I'm working with food.

But I totally understand your point. If I could find a pair of glasses that would display the time, I'd use that.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.