Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm starting to question if the Alliance are getting anything more at all at this point!

Never thought any orc would be on the Alliance. That wouldn't make sense for Blizzard to do.

But all the work going into Zandalari unique druid models, Vulpera models getting heavily worked on nonstop, now the long overdue upright orc option, and yet Alliance are still just..... more draenei, the BE recolor, and more dwarves.... I'm starting to wonder if the Alliance are getting anything new this expansion at all or if it's going to be another Cataclysm "we ran out of time for the Alliance stuff so we just slapped together what little we had" situation.

Why would anybody even think they would have been anything BUT horde??
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

On a related note, high elves are going to horde as well, but their eyes won't be blue. They'll be green, and they've renamed themselves the Blood Elves.

Also, Spoiler Alert. Lady Katana Prestor is actually Onyxia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Hahaha I know, I remember that whole controversy vividly
    It wasn't a controversy, just one thread made here because some genius on YouTube said Orcs could be Alliance, and most people in that thread were rolling their eyes about how dumb people can be, anyway.

Can we please give it a rest now and forget the whole thing already instead of making even more threads about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'm starting to question if the Alliance are getting anything more at all at this point!

Never thought any orc would be on the Alliance. That wouldn't make sense for Blizzard to do.

But all the work going into Zandalari unique druid models, Vulpera models getting heavily worked on nonstop, now the long overdue upright orc option, and yet Alliance are still just..... more draenei, the BE recolor, and more dwarves.... I'm starting to wonder if the Alliance are getting anything new this expansion at all or if it's going to be another Cataclysm "we ran out of time for the Alliance stuff so we just slapped together what little we had" situation.
    Art team is working on Horde content first.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Art team is working on Horde content first.
    This is what I figured as well. In another month or two we'll get flooding of Alliance content out of the blue. For now, it's dark iron as a priority (for release) and everything else as they're able, with Horde getting the focused attention currently.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want red space goats as alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    If they don't join Alliance, I'll have to kill them.

If they went horde, people would literally send death threats to devs. Who on earth ever thought they were going alliance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post

What happened in cataclysm involving that? I dont remember much about that expansion as I was still somewhat young

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    If they went horde, people would literally send death threats to devs. Who on earth ever thought they were going alliance?
    Like Blizzard has given a shit about death threats. They deal with people giving EACH OTHER death threats over their video game, on sometimes an hourly basis.

Frankly the very idea of so many fanbois getting their jimmies rustled over something that fundamentally does not matter on the whole is fucking adorable. People who were sitting there talking about Orcish and human culture and all their racism blah blah blah like Blizzard can't just say "Saurfang brings Brown Orcs into the Alliance, have fun." when not only they can, but could.

And you people would -still- play the game because the story has been fucked for years. If it was honestly about the story you would have quit in Cata or MoP or WoD like everyone else.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavin View Post
    It wasn't a controversy, just one thread made here because some genius on YouTube said Orcs could be Alliance, and most people in that thread were rolling their eyes about how dumb people can be, anyway.

Can we please give it a rest now and forget the whole thing already instead of making even more threads about it?
    I'm not sure what you're talking about.

There was a controversy about players not getting to choose where they wanted to have their garrisons, and your post relates in what way to what I said?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Because a few builds back when Mag'har were first added they had the same race ID as Humans.

Which some people took, combined with the fact Saurfang willingly rejects being rescued to go talk to Anduin, to mean that Mag'har were going to be recruited to the Alliance by Saurfang.

It was debunked about 10 minutes later when people saw the Zandalari also had a race ID of 1, which seems to be either the default or Blizz's placeholder. But this one Whale guy kept running with it and trying to convince people they really were going to be Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Low blow, man. Low blow.
    I mean it ultimately wasn't debunked until the Mag'har jokes were datamined.

Fundamentally though, it was a fun time watching so many 'dedicated fans' come out to defend why green Orcs and brown Orcs should team up to fight humans again. It's almost as pathetic as Alliance players still banging the High Elf drum, but hey. Something else the Horde gets.

And that's kind of how pathetic the lore is, don't you think?
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I'm not sure what you're talking about.

There was a controversy about players not getting to choose where they wanted to have their garrisons, and your post relates in what way to what I said?
    Sorry, my mistake. I thought you were talking about the Orcs in the Alliance thing as the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekobe140 View Post
    What happened in cataclysm involving that? I dont remember much about that expansion as I was still somewhat young
    Primarily, the worgen starting experience was fairly slim compared to the goblins, and I recall Blizzard admitting that they got really drawn into the goblin experience and seemed to imply Gilneas suffered a bit for it (worgen players are incapable of even knowing how their storyline plays out, only the Horde experience it). Not to mention the worgen female model itself is unquestionably broken by comparison due to reworking it late in the game. They have animations where joints bend 90 degrees in the wrong direction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Everyone already knows Mag'har Orcs won't be Alliance. Also just a heads up there's already been threads/discussions about it.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

orcs will be horde? holy fuck who knew?

I heard we will take down Kil'jaeden this expansion

orlyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?