Poll: Broken the law?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    yep and i question anyone that says no lol
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

anyone whose ever driven a car has broken the law by going over the speed limit.. even by 1mph/kph

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    When I was 16 I drove my moped without a license, while drunk, with a buddy as a passenger over a river, through the forest to get him to school.

It was a sweet moped though...360 panter svithun.

Hell ya! I have a puch magnum and my wife has a morini pacer. They are all modified with bigger cylinders and carbs/pipes etc. They are fun and cheap to play with. It is legal now, but when we first registered her pacer it was not on the approved moped list for our state, but the lady didn't know there was a list and registered it anyway, so since it was registered we skirted the law in a way.

OT: Sure plenty of minor stuff, mostly unintentionally or just because I regard the law as frivolous or the punishment isn't reason enough to worry about it.

nothing more serious than jaywalking

I remember getting very close to train tracks as a kid with my friends, but I imagine that's likely a city ordinance if anything.
    so yeah

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Nope, just reassured the definition of morals. Not confused.
    Morality is subjective, law is objective.

Everytime I get behind the wheel, yes (among other things)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Minor offences that wouldn’t get me jail time even if you combine them all up and I always pay any tickets I do managed to get without complaint.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the law is dumb then yes. In fact I go out of my way to break it. In most recent memory was smoking pot.

Deleted
    Sure.

Speeding, ignoring red lights, jaywalking etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    Morality is subjective, law is objective.
    Exactly, and when someone says "how could you steal xy" while at the same time they have broken the law by speeding offense which is theoretically worse since it actually can KILL people they are morally acting high and mighty although most if not everybody has broken laws of varying degree. Just because you think minor offenses are not morally wrong doesn't imply everyone sees it that way.

So yeah, next time someone judges you for "how could you xy" think how often they have broken the law. Most laws are in place to protect society, and morality is partly based on what is accepted by society. Stealing is considered morally wrong by the majority. But I am sure there are plenty of people that would say driving too fast is irresponsible and morally wrong.

Deleted
    Who would answer this? Are people that stupid? Hey confess your crimes here for everyone to see and go to jail!
    Someone call the cops, I bet some idiot will confess murder here.

Nothing outside of street laws.

I think we all have in one way or another

But i never killed anyone or intentionally stole anything from anyone.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage89 View Post
    No, I have not or at least nothing comes to mind.
    Nothing? Never sped? Swear in front of women/children? I have trouble believing that someone has never broke any law even unintentionally.

I got rid of the knife and bloody clothes for OJ

10+ Year Old Account
    As a kid, yeah. Used to go to the candy section in the supermarket and started breaking all the kinder eggs and taking the toys. As a adult now, I think back how much of a dick I was for doing that back then.
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.

Smoked a bit, drank a bit when I was to young, and drive a little to fast sometimes. But that's about it.

When I was 7 I took a pack of skittles from a gas station.

speeding, drugs, as a kid i would steal the weapons out of gi joe packages; later the rares out of mtg packs.

As an adult nothing worse then traffic violations.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Hello, have you ever broken the law of your country (by accident or intent) and got away with it or none noticed? I talked to my friends/family and all of them have broken it, and be it just driving too fast or forgetting to pay the parking fee. What about you? Are there honestly the perfect citizen walking on our planet? ;D
    Driving too fast alone makes this question kind of pointless. The overwhelming majority of Americans have driven faster than the speed limit at some point in their lives, regardless of intent. The vast majority of Americans continue to do this on purpose.