Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Damn, Ipad Pro, plus a ton in apps, and the best battery life I've ever seen on an Ipad This kid's bug website must be killing it.

Seriously, the tag line was stupid, and Ipad is a computer. A tablet is a computer. If the kid had a cocky smile or something it would have come off better. But it just took the kid and made them look stupid. Then again, stupid people love Apple like nothing else.

Either way, its an ad for their glorified iphone. That has less power, but costs as much as a laptop. Not that tablets are useless, they are convenient for a lot of tasks. Mostly replacing paper, surfing the web, and sending pictures. I won't be playing any significant games on it, I won't be doing anything that requires any real processing power, and without the keyboard attachment they are awful for any lengthy writing on.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2018-03-07 at 09:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything Apple does nowadays is cringeworthy at best, especially their ads imo

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The Surface called, wants to have lunch, discuss some "glorified" topics.
    yeah, and a surface costs as much or more than built desktop. Surface is nice, but it is more laptop than tablet and the pricetag represents that as well.

I hate this commercial for two reasons. I don't like her "what's a computer", but that isn't the biggest issue.

No one on this thread even posted this: she is a 12 year old girl (maybe younger), living in a urban neighborhood and leaving with her iPad and running round the entire day ALONE. Eating by herself, climbing a tree by herself, and chatting with her friends once.

What parent would allow that?

Anyone else even remotely find that part disturbing? If not, perhaps I am getting too old...

No idea why we would move away from desktop computing... what's the replacement? Mobile ? You can't do serious work or real gaming on there... laptops ? They existed for ages but again, if you want something done you need a mouse and keyboard at the least. Not to mention the screen size of laptops is way to small (granted I am spoiled by my 32 inch I guess). Tablets??? I highly dislike touch and again, you can't really do anything serious on it... What other alternatives are there?

Desktop is king. Always has been and will continue to do so until we figure out something really next level.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    yeah, and a surface costs as much or more than built desktop. Surface is nice, but it is more laptop than tablet and the pricetag represents that as well.
    I hope you're aware of the inherent hypocrisy of your statement. You're basically saying that you can never be wrong, because as soon as a tablet does compete with a desktop, it's not a tablet anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Definitely not implying that, nor I am I saying that they won’t ever be able to. They just generally associate a computer to being a desktop or laptop.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. Husband plays fine on his ASUS ROG laptop.
    Let me guess, husband uses attached mouse ... so basically you are trying to convert your laptop to a desktop and as a "reward" you get a tiny screen".

Well, PC users have joked for years that Apple users don't know how to use computers...

Deleted
    He uses an attached mouse and monitor while at his desk. His monitor is the same as mine - ASUS VG248QE (144 Hz).
    Sounds like a laptop trying to be a desktop

rant time:

If you're one of the people that watch superbowl ads and rate them, but hate this ad, please kill yourself. You're the lowest common denominator in humanity. Not only do you take enjoyment out of having products sold to you in a disingenuous way, but you're getting angry over an advert that is no more or no less cringey, disingenuous or stupid as any other ad. Not only are you giving them publicity by ranting about it on every social media platform you operate on, but you'll happily even compare your 'favourite ads' to it.

The concept of having a 'favourite ad' is, to me, like having a favourite disease. It just simply is retarded. You're in every sense of the word a sheep. You sit at home all day on your sofa, watching TV that sell you products and inbetween the shows you get your 'favourite ads' segment where you get sold the a cheap, chinese piece of shit hoover made for $4 and sold to you for $50 or in this case an apple Ipad, a tablet PC made for probably $150 and sold to you for $600+. You are being cheated, swindled, scammed and you go along with it willingly, even cheering on your 'favourite ads'.

Please just give your money all to a science foundation and then throw yourselves into the nearest manhole.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2018-03-08 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming

Deleted
    While at his desk, I guess. However, he got it because he travels often with the military and has to do things like extra duty, where he’s sitting at a desk somewhere, etc. The laptop comes in handy and was well worth it. He doesn’t take the monitor with him when does stuff like that - just the mouse.
    Most people I know have both. I don't see desktops going anywhere

Its a fair point tbh. When I lived in student accommodation all my flatmates and friends thought I was fucking weird because I had a desktop PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    rant time:

If you're one of the people that watch superbowl ads and rate them, but hate this ad, please kill yourself. You're the lowest common denominator in humanity. Not only do you take enjoyment out of having products sold to you in a disingenuous way, but you're getting angry over an advert that is no more or no less cringey, disingenuous or stupid as any other ad. Not only are you giving them publicity by ranting about it on every social media platform you operate on, but you'll happily even compare your 'favourite ads' to it.

The concept of having a 'favourite ad' is, to me, like having a favourite disease. It just simply is retarded. You're in every sense of the word a sheep. You sit at home all day on your sofa, watching TV that sell you products and inbetween the shows you get your 'favourite ads' segment where you get sold the a cheap, chinese piece of shit hoover made for $4 and sold to you for $50 or in this case an apple Ipad, a tablet PC made for probably $150 and sold to you for $600+. You are being cheated, swindled, scammed and you go along with it willingly, even cheering on your 'favourite ads'.

Please just give your money all to a science foundation and then throw yourselves into the nearest manhole.
    this post is too edgy for me.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

. Your comment is pure ignorance, .
    Oh, the irony... Pot Meet Kettle?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I hope you're aware of the inherent hypocrisy of your statement. You're basically saying that you can never be wrong, because as soon as a tablet does compete with a desktop, it's not a tablet anymore.
    The surface is a direct response to the Apple Macbook Air product line more than it ever has been to the ipad. Especially the pro line. Surface has always been more laptop than tablet. It was meant to be used with a keyboard and has tablet attributes like a touch screen laptop has. If we were talking about other products I'd agree I did that, but with surface it is a murky area. They tagged tablet onto it more to be like, but its an alternative to the ipad as well, until you look at the price. The lower end is the price of the most expensive ipads and the high end competes with high end Macbooks. Hybrid maybe. But I get what you are saying.

This commercial is old. Also, really relevant.

Many young kids don't think of a computer as a tablet or phone. They just use phones and tablets. Such as my nephew and younger cousins.

Lots of adults don't use computers either- at least in the traditional desktop/laptop model. Over 80% of our company's webs traffic comes from mobile. Over 90% of our clicks from emails and social media comes from mobile devices.

My company just did a massive 100,000 email campaign last week surveying wine drinkers in 4 US, 2 UK and 2 Asian markets. Only 3% of all responses did not come from mobile devices.

There is a saying among photographers, my grandfather was a photojournalist, that goes; "The best camera is the one around your neck."

That applies to 'computers' for a lot of modern folks and this commercial nails the current zeitgeist toward computing pretty well.

Deleted
    Lmao! What a fucking idiot! DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    And only those with the least IQ points would buy that overpriced pile of garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This commercial is old. Also, really relevant.

Many young kids don't think of a computer as a tablet or phone. They just use phones and tablets. Such as my nephew and younger cousins.

Lots of adults don't use computers either- at least in the traditional desktop/laptop model. Over 80% of our company's webs traffic comes from mobile. Over 90% of our clicks from emails and social media comes from mobile devices.

My company just did a massive 100,000 email campaign last week surveying wine drinkers in 4 US, 2 UK and 2 Asian markets. Only 3% of all responses did not come from mobile devices.

There is a saying among photographers, my grandfather was a photojournalist, that goes; "The best camera is the one around your neck."

That applies to 'computers' for a lot of modern folks and this commercial nails the current zeitgeist toward computing pretty well.
    Because we can do many of the same functions on a mobile device, doesn't make the product in question not a computer. If it has a physical keyboard, it's a computer. Also, all of Apple's tablets run iOS rather than the desktop version, same goes for Windows and Android tablets, they are considered mobile devices even though W10 is technically a desktop device.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Exactly.

The advertisement isn't meant to be a documentary OP - just an advert.

I mean - do you really think that Red Bull gives you wings
    But I am someone who will never buy an Apple product because of the ad. It is beyond annoying. If a company annoys me or insults me, I am done with them. This ad for me on a cringe scale of 1-10 scored about 110.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't understand until the end LOL indeed cringe.