Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    But they needed to have that possible return of the Burning Legion somewhere...
    ^ this. I mean WoW was so much about the Legion. Besides the Lich King stuff it was their only much recognized storyline. Who but the diehard WoW fans cared for the Old Gods, Pandaria. We had the Legion stuff reurgitated in WoD and Legion, I also got the impression they wouldn't totally let this stuff go away. They are not exactly coming up with cool new storylines much, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by skidfromsteamwheedlecarte View Post
    Its called leaving something ‘for later’ if creativity stops working for folks at blizzard, they will revive another burning legion expansion
    Nah, they're saving Sargeras for his big redemption arc in WoW 11.0 - Lord of the Void where we destroy the Void Lords and their Lord, the Lord of the Void, only to discover they were really fleeing from Space Weasels or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    I feel like we didn't fight him because he's just simply too powerful for us to even stand a chance, but at the same time it was a failing of Blizzard to build him up so much and allow the players to assume that we would actually go toe-to-toe with him one day.
    I mean I think it was more of an if not us then who kind of thing

The whole "we can't be powerful enough to fight a titan" argument is pretty stupid. The very creators of life on Azeroth were involved, surely they could have temporarily given us a power boost to at least give us a fighting chance to distract him while they defeated him? That would stop the power creep problem while also explaining why the Pantheon could defeat him at full power when they've just been revived after he kicked their asses before when they were at full power.

Overall Legion has been a great expansion but this ending was very disappointing. Even if they wanted him to reappear in the future (which is seems with the whole locking him away instead of killing him thing) it would have still made more sense to have us fight him in some way before they realised we couldn't kill him so they could only lock him away.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Instead we just imprison him easily making him look like a little bitch right. Yeah thats the perfect way to end that chapter. Yup. He is reaaally strong
    Imprison him? What are you talking about? Songbird was never imprisoned, lol. Unless you count Elizabeth's dimensional-jumping leading to him being 20,000 leagues under the sea, which he obviously died from. When it takes teleporting you to the Mariana Trench to kill you, you're kind of the definition of not being "a little bitch."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    The whole "we can't be powerful enough to fight a titan" argument is pretty stupid. The very creators of life on Azeroth were involved, surely they could have temporarily given us a power boost to at least give us a fighting chance to distract him while they defeated him? That would stop the power creep problem while also explaining why the Pantheon could defeat him at full power when they've just been revived after he kicked their asses before when they were at full power.

Overall Legion has been a great expansion but this ending was very disappointing. Even if they wanted him to reappear in the future (which is seems with the whole locking him away instead of killing him thing) it would have still made more sense to have us fight him in some way before they realised we couldn't kill him so they could only lock him away.
    We just barely beat a severely-crippled version of his Avatar, which had maybe 1% of his total power in it when it was at its peak. Aegwynn with her Guardian superpowers barely defeated that. Even a shrunk-down Sargeras would have one-shot an entire raid. We won't be able to take him on until we get Azeroth herself to help us. And even then, it will probably be her vs. him with us helping out.

EDIT: It's also worth noting that Aggramar was a doorman for Sargeras and Argus was considered little more than a battery-pack by him.
    Last edited by Castrum; 2018-03-12 at 02:10 AM.
    Owner & Operator of The Barrens Grind Support Group
    Survivor of Early TBC Ganklethorn Vale
    Horde Till I Die

Quote Originally Posted by Castrum View Post
    Imprison him? What are you talking about? Songbird was never imprisoned, lol. Unless you count Elizabeth's dimensional-jumping leading to him being 20,000 leagues under the sea, which he obviously died from. When it takes teleporting you to the Mariana Trench to kill you, you're kind of the definition of not being "a little bitch."

- - - Updated - - -

We just barely beat a severely-crippled version of his Avatar, which had maybe 1% of his total power in it when it was at its peak. Aegwynn with her Guardian superpowers barely defeated that. Even a shrunk-down Sargeras would have one-shot an entire raid. We won't be able to take him on until we get Azeroth herself to help us. And even then, it will probably be her vs. him with us helping out.

EDIT: It's also worth noting that Aggramar was a doorman for Sargeras and Argus was considered little more than a battery-pack by him.
    I wasn't saying we could fight him and actually take him on but we could maybe at least be powered up enough by the Pantheon to be a distraction while they captured him. After all the build up not having the players involved in taking him down felt a bit weak. I know the Pantheon was weakened but they were still powerful enough to capture him so story wise it wouldn't have made much difference with them powering us up. Even if it was "go stand in a circle around him and we'll channel our power through your artifacts to create a cage to contain him" type deal so we didn't even have to fight him, it would still have been better to actually have us involved.

I do think you're right though that the final battle involving Sarg will be against Azeroth herself, I don't think we've seen the last of him just yet.

I know the Pantheon was weakened but they were still powerful enough to capture him so
    The Pantheon did not have the power to imprison Sargeras. They needed the soul of Argus to imprison him and they needed to do it at the Seat of the Pantheon. Magni took us to the Seat and Sargeras pitted Argus against us. We needed the Pantheon's help to defeat Argus. Once we did they used the last of Argus' power to imprison Sargeras.

If anyone wants sources for that information go through the Argus raid instance and pay attention to the RP.

So to those who wanted us to be involved in Sargeras' imprisonment, we were. What else do you want? If you want us minorly involved in a fight with Sargeras who the hell is actually fighting him?

If we had to fight him, it would be similar to Madness of Deathwing. And I doubt blizzard wants to do a boss like that again, where we fight limbs and win.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    If we had to fight him, it would be similar to Madness of Deathwing. And I doubt blizzard wants to do a boss like that again, where we fight limbs and win.
    At least we fought Deathwing and finished him off. Cataclysm would have been fucking stupid if it ended with Thrall Kamehameha'ing Deathwing.

archimonde and Kil'Jaeden aren't cosmic level beings that can cut planets in half when they feel like it.

It's legit like saying "How come we haven't fought Galactus yet? We already beat Venom and Sabertooth!"
    Last edited by UnluckyAmateur; 2018-03-12 at 07:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

5+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't saying we could fight him and actually take him on but we could maybe at least be powered up enough by the Pantheon to be a distraction while they captured him. After all the build up not having the players involved in taking him down felt a bit weak. I know the Pantheon was weakened but they were still powerful enough to capture him so story wise it wouldn't have made much difference with them powering us up. Even if it was "go stand in a circle around him and we'll channel our power through your artifacts to create a cage to contain him" type deal so we didn't even have to fight him, it would still have been better to actually have us involved.

I do think you're right though that the final battle involving Sarg will be against Azeroth herself, I don't think we've seen the last of him just yet.
    Well, consider the Argus fight: the Pantheon as a whole helped us there. Eonar even rezzed us. The rest of their power went into just being able to contain Sargeras physically (they were evidently unable to do anything more than sit there and use Argus' world-soul to pull Sargeras in). They had no more energy to help us defeat a world-sized monster. I get that you wanted to smack Sargeras into the Twisting Nether, but we got the next-best thing for logical reasons. He isn't finished though, and once the Titans regain their strength and Azeroth awakens, we will get our chance to end this once and for all. In the meantime, look at what we accomplished: a worldwide invasion larger than the War of the Ancients turned back, Xavius dead and the Emerald Dream finally relatively safe, AU Gul'dan and Kil'jaeden permadead, the planet Argus somewhat liberated, the Legion's army leaderless and in pieces, the Titans resurrected, and Titan Argus slain. That's not even getting into the order halls (Balnazzar permadead, etc.). Sargeras got resoundingly beaten. Now he will be back for revenge in the future. Something to look forward to.
    Horde Till I Die

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Well at least we can constantly resurrect and fight again and again and again...
    When I read your post, all I could think of was us fighting sargears. And I found the cinematic of us fighting him!!!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I mean I think it was more of an if not us then who kind of thing
    Once they leaked that we would fight his Avatar, I knew it wasn't going to be Sargeras this xpack. Like, you're telling me his Avatar, greatly weakened with maybe 25-50% of his maximum power (which was at creation about 1% of Sargeras'), is going to get killed a tier or two before Sargeras himself, within the same xpack? Blizz would have had to be high as a kite to think that would have made any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    When I read your post, all I could think of was us fighting sargears. And I found the cinematic of us fighting him!!!
    This. Maybe Aman'thul could have helped?
    Horde Till I Die

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    At least we fought Deathwing and finished him off. Cataclysm would have been fucking stupid if it ended with Thrall Kamehameha'ing Deathwing.
    Ummm, it did end like that

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    I shall parry! I shall block with my shield! I shall be driven miles below the crust of Silithus!
    Guffaw! That cracks me up.

Check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2dR36mTkyo. That's what you reminded me of. He got it alright.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Here's an accurate way of simulating a battle between our player characters and Sargeras.

Fill a backpack with rocks. Put a small pigeon egg on the ground. Wear the backpack and jump on the egg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

5+ Year Old Account
    we shouldve infiltrated those legion space ships and fought sargeras ala a reskinned eye of eternity/gunship ICC fight...

but the ending we got was pre cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Here's an accurate way of simulating a battle between our player characters and Sargeras.

Fill a backpack with rocks. Put a small pigeon egg on the ground. Wear the backpack and jump on the egg.
    Or use my video from the post right before yours for a good understanding of a tank taking even his lightest blow. =-)
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Ummm, it did end like that
    Yeah okay but you know what I mean. At least we fought him. I would have been perfectly fine with the Pantheon imprisoning / killing Sargeras, if only we just got to fight him for a little bit.

I'm sure we'll be able to fight him after the Titans have spent a few years draining his power so he's closer to Argus' power level. There's no way we would survive more than a few seconds if we were to fight him ourselves.