Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Alliance and Jaina going into BfA

I don't know if this has been addressed already, but I am wondering how the Alliance is going to handle Jaina's sudden reappearance for BfA and her asking for help for something.

I'd be hard pressed to believe that everyone is just going to be fine with her waltzing back in after she turned her back on Azeroth during their most desperate time of need...literally, one of the most powerful mortal mages just leaves before the storm. I don't care what she was doing while she was away. Her help was desperately needed as Azeroth was being plunged into chaos.

And her reasons for leaving were so petty too. The Alliance didn't want to wage war against the Horde because, hey, the Legion is attacking us. So she got angry and left.

Do we have any clue as to how the Alliance is going to react to her return? I mean she's been batshit crazy the past few expansions. She even practically called for the genocide of Blood Elves in Dalaran! I'm pretty sure the other Alliance leaders should've been more critical of her, maybe even denounced her and her actions, yet they're just all bffs, fine and dandy.

Choose to completely forget and pretend she never left, would be my guess. Anything else would require an effort in blizz's story telling dept.

If they actually do acknowledge it; I think it almost depends on where this sudden transformation of Manduin, who attacks horde kingdoms instead of having tea with them, came from. Unless I've missed something, (which is possible, I've been trying to ignore most major spoilers) this hasn't really been explained yet. (other than the tree of course) Will she still be "Auntie"? Or will he take a tougher stance? I'm not convinced that he's really changed at all, but is more getting heavily influenced by Genn.

It all depends on him really ,because the Alliance apparently cannot have an independent thought on anything that differs from what the human king says.
    Last edited by Moonstream; 2018-03-07 at 05:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz did say her story is going to involve her absence and what she was doing in that time if I remember correctly, so there's that. If it doesn't get cut out that is.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jademist7 View Post
    I don't know if this has been addressed already, but I am wondering how the Alliance is going to handle Jaina's sudden reappearance for BfA and her asking for help for something.

I'd be hard pressed to believe that everyone is just going to be fine with her waltzing back in after she turned her back on Azeroth during their most desperate time of need...literally, one of the most powerful mortal mages just leaves before the storm. I don't care what she was doing while she was away. Her help was desperately needed as Azeroth was being plunged into chaos.

And her reasons for leaving were so petty too. The Alliance didn't want to wage war against the Horde because, hey, the Legion is attacking us. So she got angry and left.

Do we have any clue as to how the Alliance is going to react to her return? I mean she's been batshit crazy the past few expansions. She even practically called for the genocide of Blood Elves in Dalaran! I'm pretty sure the other Alliance leaders should've been more critical of her, maybe even denounced her and her actions, yet they're just all bffs, fine and dandy.
    People throwing words like "Genocide" while all she did was incarcerate the members of a faction that betrayed their city-host, a city she was at the time leader of, and kill the ones stupid enough to resist.

Regarding the rest, I am pretty sure Blizzard will give at least some mention of what she was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Blizz did say her story is going to involve her absence and what she was doing in that time if I remember correctly, so there's that. If it doesn't get cut out that is.
    It'll be part of the "Harbringers" for BFA
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    People throwing words like "Genocide" while all she did was incarcerate the members of a faction that betrayed their city-host, a city she was at the time leader of, and kill the ones stupid enough to resist.

Regarding the rest, I am pretty sure Blizzard will give at least some mention of what she was doing.
    Lets round up all the muslims in America and shoot them in the streets because of 9/11 is what you are saying is ok because that is exactly what she did. She just shot every single blood elf she came across. When she entered the room of Aethas she immediately killed his guards who rightfully were scared of what she would do to their boss and stood in a defensive position. Saying people were "stupid for resisiting" a hostile power trying to kill them all and not let them escape for something they never did?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-03-07 at 11:23 PM.

She's pretty. We always accept pretty with open arms, no matter what.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Lets round up all the muslims in America and shoot them in the streets because of 9/11 is what you are saying is ok because that is exactly what she did. She just shot every single blood elf she came across. When she entered the room of Aethas she immediately killed his guards who rightfully were scared of what she would do to their boss and stood in a defensive position. Saying people were "stupid for resisiting" a hostile power trying to kill them all and not let them escape for something they never did?
    Compare apples to oranges all you like, I am telling you a single faction betrayed the hospitality of a single city and upon being banished, whomever resisted was killed. There were innocents caught in the middle of this too, but they belonged to the faction-betrayer, and in such cases you cannot trust them to stay all fine and dandy when some of their friends are ousted from the city.

Jaina did not go on a rampage afterwards to murder every single blood elf possible, by, like, trying to drop a mana bomb on Silvermoon or anything.

Compare apples to oranges all you like, I am telling you a single faction betrayed the hospitality of a single city and upon being banished, whomever resisted was killed. There were innocents caught in the middle of this too, but they belonged to the faction-betrayer, and in such cases you cannot trust them to stay all fine and dandy when some of their friends are ousted from the city.

Jaina did not go on a rampage afterwards to murder every single blood elf possible, by, like, trying to drop a mana bomb on Silvermoon or anything.
    She killed every single blood elf in cold blood in Dalaran and gave Vereesa the green light to do the same in the sewers when some of them attempted to escape the city. How is that "did not go on a rampage afterwards to murder every single blood elf possible"? You are dellusional. Did you even do the scenario? It wasn't a "whole faction". It was a couple people. Alliance fanboism is strong. "We couldn't possibly have done something wrong because we are the good guys".
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-03-08 at 12:05 AM.

Deleted
    She killed every single blood elf in cold blood in Dalaran and gave Vereesa the green light to do the same in the sewers when some of them attempted to escape the city. How is that "did not go on a rampage afterwards to murder every single blood elf possible"? You are dellusional. Did you even do the scenario? It wasn't a "whole faction". It was a couple people. Alliance fanboism is strong. "We couldn't possibly have done something wrong".
    Sure, let's leave away the fact that the Sunreavers were asked to leave the city beforehand and that Aethas refused, and also that compliant Sunreavers were imprisoned.

Yep, Killed every single blood elf there was in cold blood. That's why Sunreavers are in Dalaran once again, led by the same person.

She killed every single blood elf in cold blood in Dalaran and gave Vereesa the green light to do the same in the sewers when some of them attempted to escape the city. How is that "did not go on a rampage afterwards to murder every single blood elf possible"? You are dellusional. Did you even do the scenario? It wasn't a "whole faction". It was a couple people. Alliance fanboism is strong. "We couldn't possibly have done something wrong because we are the good guys".
    They had it coming. Jaina finally took some action and left her neutral-crap for good.

For the topic. Yes, she did do something while we were fighting the Legion. We just have to wait to see what it is/was. Sitting in her chair watching HBO, having partner-trouble or dealing with some more dangerous stuff. We'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jademist7 View Post
    She even practically called for the genocide of Blood Elves in Dalaran!
    People need to stop saying this, no, she didn't, learn your lore.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Jaina isn't really asking for help. She comes to help us in the siege of Lordaeron, and then wants us to attack Zandalar. Anduin has to order her to go to Kul'tiras instead.

She imprisioned the blood elves. Only those who resisted were killed (at least officially).
    I'm not saying she was right, of course. But bending the lore isn't going to get you anywhere.
    Last edited by Leodok; 2018-03-08 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    Jaina isn't really asking for help. She comes to help us in the siege of Lordaeron, and then wants us to attack Zandalar. Anduin has to order her to go to Kul'tiras instead.

She imprisioned the blood elves. Only those who resisted were killed.
    I'm not saying she was right, of course. But bending the lore isn't going to get you anywhere.
    "imprisoned" by killing every blood elf in the street while the were running around panicking with their hands in the air.. yeh okay. And how do you explain what happened in the sewers? You are basically blaming the Jews if they resisted Hitler..
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-03-08 at 12:20 AM.

Deleted
    "imprisoned" by killing every blood elf in the street while the were running around panicking with their hands in the air.. yeh okay.
    and by "killing" you mean teleporting them ? Witch a chance that a bug in game that will cause her to cast frost bolt first ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally nothing will be said because the Alliance has no internal conflict, and by internal conflict, I mean no disagreements. It feels like a hivemind, everyone will agree with everyone. Jaina will probably pop back up and say ''I WAS RIGHT'' now feel bad about me!.

I will be legitimately surprised if they bring it up.

Deleted
    "imprisoned" by killing every blood elf in the street while the were running around panicking with their hands in the air.. yeh okay. And how do you explain what happened in the sewers? You are basically blaming the Jews if they resisted Hitler..
    Off goes the Godwin's law.

Good on you for missing my points earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    I really need to do that Scenario again it was so enjoyable killing Blood Elves that resisted arrest.
    Go fucking kill yourself you Boy King cock sucker.

Ban is worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Off goes the Godwin's law.

Good on you for missing my points earlier.
    Good on your for ignoring the mass murder of Blood Elves and being an alliance fanboi.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-03-08 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

Deleted
    Aaaaand, RIP thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Woooow Such hatred..
    Alleria is a traitor who deserves to be put to the death with every member of the Blood Elves spitting on her corpse.