Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I think he was comparing the art to create a shaman vs. Paladin. There is the racial paladin mount as well.

Also Darkspear have 4 models... lucky them

i pity tauren (my actual shaman). They have the same totem since vanilla
    I always liked the tauren ones the most actually. They looked so simple and nice.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Players: "Zandalari druid forms should be dinosaurs"
    Other players: "But it doesn't make sense because X, Y, Z, so Blizzard won't do it"
    Blizzard: "Done"

Players: "Dark Iron dwarves should be shamans"
    Other players: "But it doesn't make sense because X, Y, Z, so Blizzard won't do it"

Players: "Zandalari should be paladins"
    Blizzard: _____
    "but it doesn't make sense" it doesn't make sense for them to not be shaman, for zandalari druids to not be dinomancers.

blizzard is deciding they want to be lore-correct, we're in the right. people that don't want this are objectively wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    IT doesn't seem to take long for ANY thread to devolve into "BUT MUH TROLL PALADINS!?!" these days
    I mean, given they're a very popular request that isn't surprising. It's more surprising how despite the (holding back on latest alpha storyline about the loa being dead, as the storyline in the alpha isn't final in either development or storyline) lore supporting them so many people (seemingly mostly alliance) getting so whiny about refusing one of the most logical zandalari classes, rather than just also requesting their own class options they'd like added to either allied races (such as DI priests) or others.

As long as your option makes sense, I imagine most of those campaigning for Zpala will also support your request and bump it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Nothing's confirmed beyond Paladin and now Shaman. It's look like:

Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Priest, Monk, Mage, Warlock, Paladin, Shaman.

There was some WoWhead datamining, but it lacked Paladin (when they were confirmed), Priest (Paladins but no Priests?) and Shaman, however the latter we know we're getting too so that list has been debunked. They said they're discussing Death Knights but considering that involves extra work for skin and hair colours, I won't hold my breath.
    Zandalari and Dark Iron both make perfect sense to be a DK. I mean they were both around since at the very least vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I mean, given they're a very popular request that isn't surprising. It's more surprising how despite the (holding back on latest alpha storyline about the loa being dead, as the storyline in the alpha isn't final in either development or storyline) lore supporting them so many people (seemingly mostly alliance) getting so whiny about refusing one of the most logical zandalari classes, rather than just also requesting their own class options they'd like added to either allied races (such as DI priests) or others.

As long as your option makes sense, I imagine most of those campaigning for Zpala will also support your request and bump it.
    The problem is that that would also mean that they shouldn't be priests either and for that matter neither should darkspear. If you can be a pally and suddenly the loa is dead and you can't anymore, but you could be a priest.....

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Zandalari and Dark Iron both make perfect sense to be a DK. I mean they were both around since at the very least vanilla.
    Sure it makes sense, but all of them have three unique skins and hair colours. I just don't see Blizzard putting in any more effort than they have to. Nightborne can attest to that.

Draenei almost had the best updated model ever.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    I'll be waiting for Wildhammer Dwarves. Really don't get the feeling of Warcraft 2 Nostalgia when playing a Dark iron Dwarf Shaman.
    can't you get that with normal dwarf shaman? doubt you will get more nostalgic than that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    Wow.. 1 whole totem model. This really is the same amount of work as the Zandalari... -.-
    Oh man, its almost like the expansion is unfinished or something.... oh wait.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    can't you get that with normal dwarf shaman? doubt you will get more nostalgic than that
    Aside from the tatoo, yes he can.

I think we won't ever see Wildhammers, the same way we won't ever see High elves. The reason why is because they are visually the same as the existing races they are based on. Wildhammers would only have tatoos as a difference, but they look exactly like the bronzebeard otherwise. High elves and blood elves look exactly alike aside from the eyes.

Before you bring Dranei, they have a different and distinct skin color aswell. So... i am thinking both races are lost cases atm. I don't see Blizzard bringing them unless they are feeling extremely generous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    [/IMG]
    Well... i can at least see 2 upgrades. But the rest is a bit... sheepish? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post

[IMG]https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2014/april/STHVLQLWAUH01395689693094.jpg[IMG]
    tbh, i wanted that bigger forehead crest.

5+ Year Old Account
    Lorewise, it wouldn't make sense for them not to have shamans. Their whole culture is about Ragnaros, the Firelands, and the Molten Core. If they couldn't fling lava around it would be very odd.

Well I am really happy for Dark Iron shaman. Alliance deserve some cool looking shaman option and the fiery/molten tiers will fit them greatly. Their totems are awesome unlike their other dwarven counterparts or space goats. And really overall the race has fantastic background, theme and attitude.

This also has raised my hopes for Zandaladins as devs thankfully didn't stick to "shaman only horde" thing in here, which was good in this example.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account

Hells bells man! That tickled me XD

No, Blizzard said they would only have travel forms, and the datamined class tags didn't have Shaman.

This is just Blizzard going back after enough people whined. Hopefully this bodes well for Zandalari Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    No, Blizzard said they would only have travel forms, and the datamined class tags didn't have Shaman.

This is just Blizzard going back after enough people whined. Hopefully this bodes well for Zandalari Paladins.
    They only mentioned their travel form being a raptor, at no point they said the other forms wouldn't be dinosaurs.

Datamining isn't a reliable source, particularly in early alpha builds.

So while it may be Blizzard reacting to feedback, which is not a bad thing either, it may also have been their plan all along.

Either way, people who "defended Blizzard" by trying to explain why those things were guaranteed not to happen were wrong.

I'm fine with people giving their opinion on why something may not happen, but people speaking of these things, particularly lore, as if they were obvious facts and being proven wrong within days is funny.

At the end of the day, it's a game, if people really, really want something, it's likely the developers will find a way to justify its implementation. Hell, I don't think Classic Servers are a logical idea nor they will be succesful, and I was blown away by their announcement, but if people have fun with those, good for them.

wouldnt they just copy dwarf races for di dwarves anyway

They only mentioned their travel form being a raptor, at no point they said the other forms wouldn't be dinosaurs.
    In the official Blizzcon Q&A. When pressured in one of the interviews with Youtube people, Alex Afrasabi clarified only travel form.

Then again, we had conflicting information in these Q&As, with one pair telling someone no new animations for Allied Races, and another stating they would have some.

All I want is Zandalari Paladin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    In the official Blizzcon Q&A. When pressured in one of the interviews with Youtube people, Alex Afrasabi clarified only travel form.

Then again, we had conflicting information in these Q&As, with one pair telling someone no new animations for Allied Races, and another stating they would have some.

All I want is Zandalari Paladin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah, Q&As can be deceiving. Sometimes things are being decided right as the Q&A is happening, so they may say what they think will happen, and then do something else.

And that's without considering that Afrasiabi isn't as involved in development as, say, Hazzikostas, which means information may be outdated or mistaken, as the chain of command plays broken telephone with the devs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    Wow.. 1 whole totem model. This really is the same amount of work as the Zandalari... -.-
    Dont get me started with the stupid amount of afford blizzard have put on the 2 new Horde druids. and alliance get a fucking stick in the ground

Deleted
    That Totem is absolutely amazing. Im not an alliance guy but I really really like the dwarves. Now I'm tempted to play a dark iron.