Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Ted Cruz is one of the Republican Jesuses. He'll always be strongly voted for. Doesn't mean the blue wave is in any means crushed, as most other seats and positions are shifting blue.

Just never forget this picture.

Yeah, but this is just the way politics works. Hillary and Obama went at it in debates, but after Obama got the nomination... all roses, even got Secretary of State position. It's how it works. The party comes before candidate rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Yeah, but this is just the way politics works. Hillary and Obama went at it in debates, but after Obama got the nomination... all roses, even got Secretary of State position. It's how it works. The party comes before candidate rivalry.
    There is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Not going to happen.

Why would he care about trying to argue when he's just going to get hit with a deluge of reality that he isn't going to believe or care about when he can just drop little snippets to annoy people?
    It's just like his lord n' Master, Dumbfuck Lump - you just keep repeating the same lie over and over and over and hope enough people see it enough times that they'll accept it as reality.

infracted - ignored mod warning
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-03-08 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    The idea of Texas going blue is as realistic as California going red.
    Actually, America is likely at or close to “peak democrat”. Demographics will start working in favor of the GOP soon.

The bulk of the growth in democrat votes is found in second-generation immigrants. That group, particularly latinos, HEAVILY votes democrat. The problem is that latinos who are at least third-generation are voting REPUBLICAN. Basically by generation 3 they assimilate into the culture. the democrats will soon run into a demographic problem because the percentage of third generation latinos, while small today, is only going to grow. Second generation latinos cannot keep up unless we open up the borders completely and let the world in, and even THEN it would be just a temporary boost.

75 years from now, a majority of latinos will be third generation or older. Latinos will be a republican voting bloc. California will actually turn red. Texas might briefly turn blue for 10-20 years before this effect hits the lone star state and turns it back red.

Demographically, the democrat party is barely in the game, supported by a large influx of immigrants from latin america. Even with it, they are totally shut out of all majorities at the federal level and at best are an opposition party. Without a massive immigrant influx, the democrat party is defunct.

Currently, the democrats have more votes but they are too concentrated in few states to win. The problem is, they cant spread out either because latinos turn republican in one generation. So spreading out just bolsters the GOP. The democrats are screwed politically.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2018-03-08 at 01:37 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah nah shit might have gotten a slightly heated between them but compared to Trump and Cruz it was nothing. What kind of man lets another insult his wife then goes to lick his boots? It's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Actually, America is likely at or close to “peak democrat”. Demographics will start working in favor of the GOP soon.

The bulk of the growth in democrat votes is found in second-generation immigrants. That group, particularly latinos, HEAVILY votes democrat. The problem is that latinos who are at least third-generation are voting REPUBLICAN. Basically by generation 3 they assimilate into the culture. the democrats will soon run into a demographic problem because the percentage of third generation latinos, while small today, is only going to grow. Second generation latinos cannot keep up unless we open up the borders completely and let the world in, and even THEN it would be just a temporary boost.

75 years from now, a majority of latinos will be third generation or older. Latinos will be a republican voting bloc. California will actually turn red. Texas might briefly turn blue for 10-20 years before this effect hits the lone star state and turns it back red.

Demographically, the democrat party is barely in the game, supported by a large influx of immigrants from latin america. Even with it, they are totally shut out of all majorities at the federal level and at best are an opposition party. Without a massive immigrant influx, the democrat party is defunct.

Currently, the democrats have more votes but they are too concentrated in few states to win. The problem is, they cant spread out either because latinos turn republican in one generation. So spreading out just bolsters the GOP. The democrats are screwed politically.
    Right-Wing media sure spinning hard. Not sure who is making up random facts to make Republicans feel better about the growing anti-Trump anti-Republican sentiment in the country but WOW this is all just 100% inaccurate. Every single study of voters by age group shows every age group under 65 are becoming not only leaning more with Democrats, but becoming increasing more liberal. The days of far-right Republicans and center-right Democrat are soon to be numbered. S O... C I A... L I S M is coming to the U S A!!??! Unless of course the Republican/Trump agenda of destroying the US education system to keep a permanent Republican voting base of uneducated voters Trump loves so much succeeds.

Democrats do best in large urban centers. Texas was booming early in Obama's tenure and was out pacing the rest of the country but then with declining oil prices combined with Republican state policies they have seen a sharp drop in growth in the past 3/4 years. This matters because people thought Texas would grow large enough fast enough to become a more likely Democrat state, some targeting 2020, as more people living in cities equals more Democrat voters. Good thing for Democrats, despite the slower than expected economic growth in Texas, educated suburbanites who are usual Republican voters have become heavily anti-Trump. This doesn't mean they will vote Democrat over Republican, but it leaves Democrats in a better position with this group while Trump remains in office with a chance of flipping these voters over to permanent Democratic voters.

2014 the Texas senate election had 33% voter turnout, so there is room for Democrats assuming a huge surge in Democratic voters. The problem is Democrat voters are younger more educated and more likely to be working on election day then their older retired or unemployed Republican counterparts. So it's easier for the Republican base to get out to vote. I'm skeptical of O'Rourke's chances, but after Alabama where registered Republicans outnumber registered Democrats 5 - 1 anything is possible as long as people don't get complacent. You also have to factor in money. While O'Rourke is out raising Cruz, just like most Democrats, large out of state Republican money always seems to find a way into these elections. We saw this in Georgia and likely will continue throughout 2018. The Trump administration isn't known as the most corrupt administration ever without his mega donors and friends making mad money off kickbacks and political favors.

On paper Latinos should be Republican (Which is why the Bush administration pushed HARD for them) but the Tea Party threw that all away. Still I never heard 3rd Generation Latinos are voting Republican unless its related to that Gen Z are conservative narrative people were pushing but people were missing interpreting what that study was actually looking at. Where did you find this information because I cannot find this and I have been looking for about 15 minutes now...

You have seen age demographic breakdowns, yes? The strongest GoP support is quite literally dying off. The strongest supporters of Democrats/left wing policy are the youngest voting bloc. Geography favors the GoP, but demographically, their current iteration is running into a demographic time bomb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Still I never heard 3rd Generation Latinos are voting Republican unless its related to that Gen Z are conservative narrative people were pushing but people were missing interpreting what that study was actually looking at.
    Basically he's saying that people who emigrated from Latin America and those whose parents came over tend to vote Democrat, but those whose grandparents emigrated don't. With decreased immigration from L.A, he's saying that future generations of Latinos will be more conservative than Latinos today, and won't be as much of a steady Democratic voting bloc.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

While Hillary and Obama certainly had a difference of opinion, that's all it was. Obama didn't insult Hillary or Bill and accuse their parents of being complicit in a presidential assassination.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2018-03-08 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Texas is never going Blue, anything ever said otherwise is and always will be hype
    Mmmm, you would've said the same of Alabama though.

Hope Ted Cruz lays off the underage girls.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2018-03-08 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Infracted for trolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Mmmm, you would've said the same of Alabama though.

Hope Ted Cruz lays off the underage girls.
    You are 100% right and I was wrong. But keep in mind how close I came to being right. The worst guy ever running still barely lost. Texas is as Red as they come.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    The idea of Texas going blue is as realistic as California going red.
    It's actually quite a lot more likely.

Last election California voted Democrat 62% - 31%. Texas voted Republican 52% - 43%.

People really underestimate how many Democrats there are in Texas. And that was when they were voting for Hillary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    You are 100% right and I was wrong. But keep in mind how close I came to being right. The worst guy ever running still barely lost. Texas is as Red as they come.
    Alabama voted 62% - 34% Republican in 2016.

Texas's 52% - 43% is almost the exact same margin as Ohio, and Ohio is a SWING state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...election,_2016

^ Rank the graph by %Democrat. Texas is near the middle.

It's getting closer too:

https://www.270towin.com/states/Texas

I mean sure, it still seems unlikely, and if the Republicans ever lost Texas that would basically be the end of the current party system. But it's much closer than most people believe.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2018-03-08 at 08:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's actually quite a lot more likely.

Last election California voted Democrat 62% - 31%. Texas voted Republican 52% - 43%.

People really underestimate how many Democrats there are in Texas. And that was when they were voting for Hillary.

- - - Updated - - -

Alabama voted 62% - 34% Republican in 2016.

Texas's 52% - 43% is almost the exact same margin as Ohio, and Ohio is a SWING state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...election,_2016

^ Rank the graph by %Democrat. Texas is near the middle.

It's getting closer too:

https://www.270towin.com/states/Texas

I mean sure, it still seems unlikely, and if the Republicans ever lost Texas that would basically be the end of the current party system. But it's much closer than most people believe.
    Except for 2016, the average is still near the 60s and with the last elections 57 on average. That isn't promising at all, and it also matters what goes into those numbers, Trump is unpopular in Texas so unpopular Cruz won it, and it still went heavy for Trump. Meaning Texas is not going anywhere ever, and over the long projection it's even worse, It would be better to focus on the North, and and places HRC won and almost won and expanding into areas that carried a lot more influence on the Electoral College.

That is a much easier target, and has a better impact on the long game. Gotta play to strength and use resources wisely in my opinion. But again I was wrong on Alabama, however even with the seat flip mark my words that is a Blue Dog win. I don't know how much in the long run that is going going to really make a difference.

Oh and a side Note, Blue Dogs are Conservative Democrats, they are the reason we wound up with Obama/Romneycare because they wouldn't go for a Public Option which is very close to what Bernie wanted.

Along with a few other things it was the Conservative wing of the Democratic party that gave Obama trouble before the 2010 Red Wave.

So just any democrat winning isn't as much of a win over all, I mean it certainly better than Trump anything is better almost, but Blue Dogs are like Freedom Caucus AKA Tea Party on the Right.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2018-03-08 at 08:47 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    On paper Latinos should be Republican (Which is why the Bush administration pushed HARD for them) but the Tea Party threw that all away. Still I never heard 3rd Generation Latinos are voting Republican unless its related to that Gen Z are conservative narrative people were pushing but people were missing interpreting what that study was actually looking at. Where did you find this information because I cannot find this and I have been looking for about 15 minutes now...
    I've been looking at the demographics. He's not right that the majority of third generation Latinos are voting Republican. They're not, they still favor the Democrats. But the margin is MUCH MUCH closer. First and second generation Latinos favor Democrats by almost 90%-10%, whereas third generation is closer to 59%-41%. The takeaway is not that the Latino demographic is a ticking time bomb for the Democrats, but it also isn't a gimme that they can rely on without actually working for it forever.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Yes, this is why no one in WoW will ever get the Ashes of Alar mount.
    It can never, ever happen.
    Admittedly, a 1% drop chance is not something you should count on. I only have mine because it dropped for a friend who passed to me. Now friends you can count on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    I've been looking at the demographics. He's not right that the majority of third generation Latinos are voting Republican. They're not, they still favor the Democrats. But the margin is MUCH MUCH closer. First and second generation Latinos favor Democrats by almost 90%-10%, whereas third generation is closer to 59%-41%. The takeaway is not that the Latino demographic is a ticking time bomb for the Democrats, but it also isn't a gimme that they can rely on without actually working for it forever.
    It's not a secret that if republicans dropped the racism they could get a good chunk of the latino vote.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    How is that relevant to our discussion?

Ah, nvm - I guess she is a little bonkers, eh?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you just don't like data or information at all, eh? Or did you forget TX had a Dem governor previously?
    Democrats dominated Texas politics up until recent times my friend. It really wasn’t until after Ann Richards was defeated that Democrats started losing steam. That was when George W. Bush was elected.
    Before that, Democrats had been in control of the Texas government for over 100 years.
    Over time, Republicans(like their Democrat counterparts before them) have gained complete control over the government. Unfortunately for everyone, they used this power to redraw partisan districts.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Democrats dominated Texas politics up until recent times my friend. It really wasn’t until after Ann Richards was defeated that Democrats started losing steam. That was when George W. Bush was elected.
    Before that, Democrats had been in control of the Texas government for over 100 years.
    Over time, Republicans(like their Democrat counterparts before them) have gained complete control over the government. Unfortunately for everyone, they used this power to redraw partisan districts.

Peace
    Define "recent"?

Thank god for that! Democrats dumped their racist voters and these "Texans" flocked to GOP. Problem really lies with the hicks and not the party!

P.S: I will give republicans a decade in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Define "recent"?

Thank god for that! Democrats dumped their racist voters and these "Texans" flocked to GOP. Problem really lies with the hicks and not the party!

P.S: I will give republicans a decade in Texas.
    I just defined it for you my friend. Democrats all but controlled Texas for 120 years before Ann Richards. Since her, the Republicans took over governorship and over time, took over the state’s House and Senate from the Democrats.
    In the grand scheme of things, Texas has been a Country and State for over 180 years now. And of the last 140 years or so, ~120 of Texas was controlled by Democrats.
    Your decade has already passed.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I just defined it for you my friend. Democrats all but controlled Texas for 120 years before Ann Richards. Since her, the Republicans took over governorship and over time, took over the state’s House and Senate from the Democrats.
    In the grand scheme of things, Texas has been a Country and State for over 180 years now. And of the last 140 years or so, ~120 of Texas was controlled by Democrats.
    Your decade has already passed.

Peace
    A racist inbred nation, all 180 years of it! Good riddance them hicks!

PEACE!
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2018-03-09 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Infracted for forbidden topic: nation bashing