Sudden FPS drop after pre-order Battle for Azeroth

I pre-ordered BfA on 5th of March, didn't play on 6th, and when I tried to play on 7th, I have a ridiculous 1-4 fps during most raid, and generally low fps at other dungeon/cities.

Is there any stealth patch on 5th/6th of March, or the system requirement is actually increased even for the pre-purchase portion of BfA?

Game is literally unplayable for me right now

I don’t think that’s how it works

10+ Year Old Account
    No... check your addons...
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    No... check your addons...
    Disable all addons raised my raid fps from 1-4 to 8-11

I am a sad panda now

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have also noticed major random fps drop, but it seems to be chrome related, because the moment I turn it off fps jumps back up to normal.

Perhaps you are having same issue as me.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Are you on a laptop?
    Yes, it's an Alienware laptop plugged in power. But I just don't see how could this be the cause ?

you dont see how a laptop could be a cause but you think preordering the expansion has somehow lowered your fps?

There was an fps bug just after 7.3.5., but it's mostly fixed now. If you have big issues, pay attention to any settings you might have had reset with the patch, like enabled streaming from bnet, changed directX settings, view distance, I also had in the past issues with stupid windows 10 and their forced xbox streaming program enabling by itself.

All I know is they're phasing out 32 bit client and old directX version support.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2018-03-08 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    you dont see how a laptop could be a cause but you think preordering the expansion has somehow lowered your fps?
    Why would it be his laptop, being a laptop, be the issue if it wasn't present prior. The game didn't all of a sudden go "OMG. You have high FPS on a laptop. THROTTLE NOW."

It is most likely something running on the laptop that is causing the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    Yes, it's an Alienware laptop plugged in power. But I just don't see how could this be the cause ?
    Laptops tend to sometimes switch itself to the integrated graphics over your proper GPU. Check if it's set to use your proper graphic card.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Laptops tend to sometimes switch itself to the integrated graphics over your proper GPU. Check if it's set to use your proper graphic card.
    This is what I'm Thinking is the the thing

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I will do that once I am back at home from work. Many thanks for the advice!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    I pre-ordered BfA on 5th of March, didn't play on 6th, and when I tried to play on 7th, I have a ridiculous 1-4 fps during most raid, and generally low fps at other dungeon/cities.

Is there any stealth patch on 5th/6th of March, or the system requirement is actually increased even for the pre-purchase portion of BfA?

Game is literally unplayable for me right now
    Sounds like your addons or something else.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

This has to be the dumbest thread I've seen this year on a forum.

Sorry OP, but there is so much stereotypes in this thread it's hard.

Hope your problems will go away, yes you can infract me for my bad humour....
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Update: The problem goes away by itself yesterday without me having to do anything.

I switch on the computer, log in, joined a heroic Argus, and somehow I am back to 100 FPS in raid. I didn't update any addon, I didn't change any setting.

I am no computer expert myself, so I am gonna believe the cause is what Marrilaife and Schmeebs suggested: My laptop switched to integrated graphics over my proper GPU.

Hopefully, this won't happen again so I won't have to test this theory.