Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You talk about the "vile ego" of "vanilla haters" and then continue on with this post. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't sad.
    If the cap fits

No, the MMO, even the entirety of the gaming scene, is entirely different from what it was in 2004.

5+ Year Old Account
    Unless medieval/fantasy in a serious setting makes a big comeback... i doubt it much... But there's just nothing out there quite like classic WoW, so it will fill a nice niche. I think 'going back' and nostalgia is playing a big part in some entertainment areas right now... Fashion, movies, some games *cough cough*...

There are also players that bounce back and forth from the game for their 'WoW fix'. It will be interesting to see if those ppl will see themselves coming back to classic WoW more or the newest expac ... Or both...

if u REALLY want 2004 we're gonna need doritos and mtn dew

I see you didn't understand what I was getting at...
    You're obviously distressed because you immediately related as being a hater. I'm sorry my friend, I'm sure you can find other things in life that fulfill you. Hate isn't very healthy in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I think it will have a terrible drop in population. Everybody leveling 1-10, and like 1% getting to 60 and most of those gtfo...

While I like vanilla, I would prefer a TBC server instead, it's like 10000 times better than vanilla in every aspect, while preserving the old world feeling (well, minus the retarded "elites everywhere and no one to group with" design).
    But elite sections is great world design. You're not supposed to solo them (unless you're an OP class). Suck it up. They're tough and you're not tough enough to deal. Go somewhere else.

Get some friends. It's a multiplayer game.

Nah, I just liked the irony of your post enough to comment on it. I'm entirely neutral on Classic. Very "meh" on the subject. But thank you for your concern, random internet denizen.
    You seem rather invested considering you can't go 2 posts without calling someone an idiot..

And yet, in my replies to you in this thread, I haven't used the word once. You may want to check your math

See, why would you blatantly lie like that if you're not invested in blindly hating on Classic WoW and insult people that enjoy it ?

By all means, show me the lie.
    I'm here to protect and defend the honor of Classic lovers.

As soon as it's released, Classic IS retail, idiot.

Deleted
    It'll probably function mostly as a way to spend the quiet periods between patch releases on retail most likely. It'll have regular bumps throughout each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    The first year it seemed like the game might not make it. They were struggling to keep it on servers and redesigning elements constantly. It wasn't until tbc that wow became what it is and that is because it improved on things that were done poorly. There's a reason 40 mans were only present in classic. Makes you think they wanted 25 man the whole time when you see the tuning of some of the bosses compared to tbc.
    dude you realise classic wow had the largest growth in subs of any period of wow. it started at 400,000 end of 2004 to 5mil in 2005 7.5 in 2006 wow classic grew players massively tbc increased it abit and wotlk was the highpoint but its been going down since then.

the increase in subs of TBC and WOTLK was mostly due to the fact it has WC3 heros and dota was really popular at the time so every one had War3 and wanted to see a continuation of the story. but TBC and WOTLK story was bad

As said before, MMORPG is a dying genre which is only sliding more and more towards a casual audience. 2004 was a good year because it was more of a foundation era for the genre, and I'd say it peaked around 2006-2008. Now the genre has been stagnating for a long time and people have been playing all kind of other games like LoL and Overwatch which are the hot topics of this era. Classic was absolutely amazing when it released, but now it won't reach that same audience who originally went into it expecting something mindblowing. Classic won't bring anything new to the table, just giving us a version of the game that we miss so much over the years.

I think it will still be succesful but not anywhere near the succes of when it got released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    And the same will happen with Classic.
    Because it doesn't really matter if it was actually good or bad.

What matters is what people felt back then while playing it.
    This feeling is what drives pro vanilla'ers.
    yea its got nothing to do with ppl having played it yesterday on some private server and thought "i wish blizzard would re-release this game" nono, infact, youre completely right, its all about a memory and a feeling they think they remember they had 14years ago /sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe there are many people like me (started playing with Cataclysm release) who will just try it out, never come back and play BfA or antother expansion since you have enough to do there. The thing that makes me asking the most is how is it going to look with classes? I mean everybody knows which are the strongest etc. and I believe you'll see only Rogues in the "new" Classic.

So, I think it will fail after a few months or maybe a year.

Also, to help you a little, in my 8/9 posts on this forum today, I've used the word twice. So, again, redo your math.
    You seem rather invested considering you can't go 2 posts without calling someone an idiot.
    Nice of you to count, perhaps now you understand that you're using the word too much which kinda makes you look like one yourself.

As for the hating on anything Classic related, take a step back and bring some constructive criticism instead of breathing curse words towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    How powerful will a classic release be at this point? will it be able to dominate the scene of mmo just like it did back on 2004 or will it be far weaker? it's kinda strange to be 14 years ahead and still lay our hopes on vanilla.
    Regardless of how faithful WoW Classic is going to be, compared to its launch back in 2004, anyone thinking this would be a "second 2004" or "dominate the MMO scene" just like 2004, or even have the exact same experience they had back in 2004 are just deluding themselves. I'm not saying it'll fail, but 2004 was a different time, we had different mentalities and different ages, back then.

Deleted
    Wil it be popular now that even a free to play smartphone game has more content and variety than classic wow?
    Buahahahaha. In your dreams. It will be like Brexit. Everyone will think it will be cool till it happens. When it's there people will soon realize that it ain't really that nice.

Ok, first, you failed again. Even if we go by your "someone", you're still wrong. Using "idiot" on this forum can never be done enough, really. Have you see the people that post on this forum? Look at yourself for an example Secondly, your math is still incorrect. You qualify for my use of "idiot", idiot.

Also, where are you getting this "hating on anything Classic related"? What curse words have I used? Idiot? Are you 6 years old?

Then again, you're one of those people that has to go through someone's posting history to try make some form of argument. Perhaps do it better in the future, "friend".

Safe to assume whatever you reply to this post will be the last thing I read from you. You poor thing.
    So should we start insulting everyone we disagree with and calling them children? That seems rather unproductive and incredibly naive that by acting like that we would be better than them.

I don't see it being a big deal really, too much have changed during the last 1.5 decades. There'll be a few hardcore vanilla lovers there alongside a ton of people just faffing about, reminiscing, and killing time during content droughts.

Classic will be great for those who want it, and not so great for all that want modern QoL changes.

It's like football, chess or poker, the basics work forever.
    The modern fluff is just to satisfy the need for instant gratification at the new gen gamers.

I think most of current WoW players will try it for couple days/weeks how they did it.
    Small amount of retired playes will come to check it out.

Most of them will not even reach level 60.

Small fraction of players will try "try hard" mode for couple of weeks raiding on level 60.

Number of regular players after few months will be close to current private servers population... dozens thousands people max. I guess.

I think they will not do separate subscription for it, maybe 1-time purchase or it will be part of current WoW subscription.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by epec View Post
    Sadly, based on everything I've seen so far it suggests that Blizzard's version of Classic WoW will simply just be the retail game on servers that are locked at level 60, with removed content restored and maybe some special rules on top of that. I highly doubt it will be anything like the original WoW was back in 2004 and they will royally screw it up. As someone that experienced the original WoW back in 2004 as an adult, I can tell you that the current game and older version are nothing alike besides the Warcraft theme. Even small changes matter in a game, they add up and build towards the overall character and feel the game has. I know it's not that way for everyone, which is why a lot of people don't really get the whole Vanilla/Classic WoW craze, but for some people it is everything.

Think about it from an art perspective. Why would you ever pay for a painting of someone when you can just take a picture? Because of the special unique touch the artist has. The types of paint he or she uses, the interpretation of light and shadow, the canvas he or she selects, the small mistakes in shape or size. All of these details slowly add up to make a unique and interesting experience.
    They said they will make Classic WoW same as it was (without obvious bugs ofc) without gameplay changes.
    I would trust it, because they did the same thing with Starcraft Remastered - you can check it yourself, there is 0 gameplay changes (for example old shit unit pathing is still there, because it is part of the game experience), just the graphics is updated and integration wtih current battle.net.