Poll: Will Vulpera make you quit?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    why should someone quit because of a race there are already cows pandas and worgen so i kinda like the idea of little foxes with flushy tails

Seriously..? Because of fox people..? No.
    I mean... I hate undead way more. If they said that we exchange undead and elves to some furry races, I’d be all for it! Looking at the better Horde through the eyes of my superior Zandalari.

People are so pathetic. jesus christ. Whoever quits over a fox race needs to go check their mental health. Clearly not stable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    I know everyone is entitled to invite any one they want or not to their raids. But seriously? It's a model. Nothing more or less to it.
    Yeah I just don't think they have any business in the game. I don't invite the recent extra elves or blood elves either. If I have a troll and a belf up for the same spot I'll choose the troll even if it's less geared. Being superficial and creepy has a direct consequence in my world.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because I'm not some shallow asshat who quits just because they add something to the game I don't like...something that won't even remotely affect my gameplay or enjoyment of the game whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by donmarker View Post
    Yeah I just don't think they have any business in the game. I don't invite the recent extra elves or blood elves either. If I have a troll and a belf up for the same spot I'll choose the troll even if it's less geared. Being superficial and creepy has a direct consequence in my world.
    You sound like fun. The irony is you are being far more superficial and creepy than anyone playing those races you deem "superficial and creepy."

Deleted
    Do I dislike the whole concept of the Vulpera? Yes I think it's ridiculous... Is it enough to make me quit? Don't be stupid, it's a race which I don't have to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I'm not a furry, but I would still roll a Vulpera -something- if they were on the Alliance side.

They're just little fennec fox people get over yourself, 15 years ago noone would've batted an eye, it's only because people nowadays actually want to be, or think they are fox people, dressing up as them and drawing pictures of them fucking or whatever.

I don't see why someone would be so against them that they'd quit.
    People were doing the same thing 15 years ago too, it just wasn't mainstream knowledge for the most part. Except that infamous CSI episode that pissed off furries. I remember my sister telling me what otherkin were when I was a little kid, younger than 10, and I'm 25 now.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

If youre going to quit over getting the Vulpera as a playable race, you clearly have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by donmarker View Post
    What if the troll is an asshole and a jerk to everyone in the raid as a person, while the belf is really nice and friendly towards every one in the raid as a person, you still gonna chose the troll? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    How are you a real World of Warcraft player if you don't play it?
    In my humblest of opinions, with Classic on the horizon I just can't see BFA as WoW anymore. The gap is too great..

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I'm really interested to see how many people are actually going to quit the game if Vulpera are playable. Considering we had Mist's of Pandaria, which was way more furry than a single race on 1 faction. If you are leaving the game this time, why now? Why didn't you leave when MoP launched? Is thew complaining just a meme? Maybe it's just people taking the furry meme to seriously because "internet" when in actuality they don't really give a shit?
    Mists of pandaria was actually the one expansion that i stopped playing the game on, i absolutely loathed the entire continent and launch patch, its easily my most hated leveling experience to the point i ended up prefering leveling solely through cata timewalker dungeons than step foot in that zone.

Will i quit over foxfurries? nope. i just hope they are alliance, they seem like they would like that furshit, can have an extra druid while we're at it.

Do i want them in the game? no. didnt want hozen, pandas or 90% of the new races added in MoP either but i dont get a say in that.

Honestly not bothered, i just want them to be given to the alliance as their 4th allied race

They are dumb but less dumb than a lot of races in the game.

If you can get over the fucking obese panda people from a land called Pandaisland then you can get over the foxes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    What if the troll is an asshole and a jerk to everyone in the raid as a person, while the belf is really nice and friendly towards every one in the raid as a person, you still gonna chose the troll? Just curious.
    My experience is that people who play the non conventional races tend to be more down to earth and friendly. I've been playing like this since Cata and I can count on my fingers the number of times non elf players were disruptive and rude in my raids. My experience with belf hunters, priests and locks however is abysmal. I think they get too engrossed in the "elves are superior" shtick and start behaving accordingly. Same goes with night elf players and I'm willing to bet it'll carry over to all the new elf factions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebble View Post
    You sound like fun. The irony is you are being far more superficial and creepy than anyone playing those races you deem "superficial and creepy."
    I'm basing my treatment of elves on my raid leading experience going back to Cata in an unsubbed line of weekly clears. That's a lot of raids and my personal experience is that elves are rarely if ever worth it over an orc, Tauren or troll. Say what you will but I'll go with my years of experience ant day. Will good elf players get discriminated against? Yes and that's unfortunate but hey, reroll something else and I'll gladly take you.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If this is what makes you quit then please just leave regardless?

As much as I disdain Vulpera they aren't so cringeworthy as void elves which ruined Alliance-side RP for me.

Not like they could be worse than cat form ERPers either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    75 people are fucking sad.

75 people also wished Gilblins were the Allied Race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    In my humblest of opinions, with Classic on the horizon I just can't see BFA as WoW anymore. The gap is too great..
    *snrk* is it really though? With green orcs teaming up with brown orcs to fight humans for the 18th time with no other real enemies, BfA looks like a Cata 2.0 without a leveling revamp (except with a leveling revamp.)
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

I've never understood why Animal races, a pillar of classic RPG fantasy races since the days of D&D have to have this sort of manufactured overreaction whenever they're included in WoW. We went through it with Cata and MoP, and are doing it again at just the idea. We get it, you don't want anyone to think your a furry, you don't need to rage at their inclusion to prove it to anyone. I find myself pretty reviled towards furries, but it's never once colored my reception of playable Worgen or Pandaren, or even Furbolg. It seems almost exclusive to the WoW playerbase too, nobody was bitching about the Charr in GW2 back when it was coming, yet on both MMO-C and the official forums everyone needs to make sure you know they hate furries and that's why these races shouldn't ever be playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    As much as I disdain Vulpera they aren't so cringeworthy as void elves which ruined Alliance-side RP for me.

I haven't roleplayed enough recently to interact with many void elves but from the TRP/MRP profiles I read, they all seemed like ERP alts masked with just enough of a backstory or whatever to make it less obvious.

Vulpera will probably be Horde, but I can see the Alliance getting sethrak, if that's the case then I'll be glad to have a race that doesn't have big titties and an external dick. Then again... *shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post

I sometimes log on to Argent Dawn with my buds to crash RP in Stormwind. It's fun, RP'ers like it too, and we don't prolong our visit if people actually get uncomfortable.

Around two weeks ago I think, we decided to check SW out again for shits and giggles. Oh boy. Two separate RP groups, one in the Dwarven Inn and one in the Cathedral, both surrounding half-naked Female Void Elves and trying to play a campaign about how humans are mean to Velves, I think. All the uncomfortable, cringey dialogue and flirting aside, I was most bothered by the fact that everyone called them Ren'dorei.

I mean you are a fucking bartender, your words not mine, what is with this Ren'dorei crap? Your character, and most of the people there would call these folks Blood Elves, Void Elves or just Elves. The edginess was so blatantly obvious to everyone that they didn't need crashing, it already felt like an unwilling and stressful environment. We got weirded out and just logged off.