Quote Originally Posted by Khirok View Post
    Trolls are savages and have No reason to have a chivalric paladin/Knight class
    They're imperial trolls. Tell me again how great Zuldazar coated with gold reminds of "savages". The case is really simple, they're Loa infused Holy warriors. They're not meant to be lame Knight of the Silver Hand copypasta but have lore and theme on their own. I have my human loladin for that.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    They're imperial trolls. Tell me again how great Zuldazar coated with gold reminds of "savages". The case is really simple, they're Loa infused Holy warriors. They're not meant to be lame Knight of the Silver Hand copypasta but have lore and theme on their own. I have my human loladin for that.
    And Loa Infused holy warriors unfortunately do not have a fitting class for them, just like Dark Rangers, Witch Docters, Tinkers, or Priestess of the Moon.

And Loa Infused holy warriors unfortunately do not have a fitting class for them, just like Dark Rangers, Witch Docters, Tinkers, or Priestess of the Moon.
    Which is why they're not "Loa Infused Holy Warriors" and just Paladins. Just like Priestess of the Moon are Priests and Sunwalkers are Paladins.

They're using paladin mechanics. Hence Zandalari paladins but lorewise they're Prelates infused with Rezan's powers becuase it would be a waste to create a class that would be almost identical to playable paladin with just renamed skills.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Anyone find out what the Zandalari racial traits do? We have their icons and names, but that’s the last I heard of them. Also I wonder why specific loa grant prelates paladin abilities, i thought they worship a pantheon

Quote Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
    Anyone find out what the Zandalari racial traits do? We have their icons and names, but that’s the last I heard of them. Also I wonder why specific loa grant prelates paladin abilities, i thought they worship a pantheon
    A lot of the way Pantheon's typically work is that you recognize and honor all of the gods for what they are/represent, but you either 1. Only worship the gods that are relevant to things that you do/need, like if you're a farmer you would only really pray and make offerings to the gods involving Agriculture, Harvests, Livestock etc or 2. Only worship one god within the Pantheon, and just recognize/acknowledge the rest for who they are and what they do or 3. Worship different gods during times of need or when it applies, so if you're journeying across the desert you may go and make offerings to the Gods related to Travel and the Sands and pray for a safe journey.

Pantheon's are very modular that way.
    Last edited by axi0m; 2018-03-08 at 01:48 PM.
    Sarkhoza(Neglected) Thanos(Neglected) Saronus(New (Old) Main. WIP.)
    <Crux> Zul'jin - US

#TeamWaycrestHallowsEnd

Wat. Link!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxE6toridOM
    From 38:27 forward.

As an Alliance player, and about Zandalari paladins: they make sense, they are supported by lore, and Horde does need more paladin variety to counter elven supremacy. So, while I don't plan on making a Zandalari, and I'm pretty bitter about what Alliance got so far, I hope you get your trolladins.
    Whatever...

That would work if Dark Rangers weren't in the hunter order hall, if Black Arrow wasn't a hunter talent, if Dark ranger hadn't been a Marksmanship talent, and if the Dark Ranger's Hood wasn't only obtainable by hunters.

There are also Priestesses of Elune in the priest order hall in spades. One even stands outside it. Night Elf priests even had a special ability in Vanilla-WotlK - Starshards. In fact, all priests had racial abilities so they would match their priesthoods lore-wise.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    Trolls are savages and have No reason to have a chivalric paladin/Knight class
    How clueless can you get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Yeah man. It's not like the game is telling to you these guys are literally called "holy warriors" and "champions of the light". They're so fucking Paladin-ish it hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Ever heard of Paladins?

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    There are also Priestesses of Elune in the priest order hall in spades. One even stands outside it. Night Elf priests even had a special ability in Vanilla-WotlK - Starshards. In fact, all priests had racial abilities so they would match their priesthoods lore-wise.
    The Priest/Paladin campaigns even touch on the Priestesses of Elune being somewhat between Priest and Paladin(according to lore, they wore heavy armour and melee weapons during the WotA), with one of them actually switching halfway through.

5+ Year Old Account
    So uhhh... What's "Savage" about them, exactly?

They've got a big empire, codified laws, they exile criminals, they're a cosmopolitan culture which allows members of different tribes to intermingle, they have a strong religious belief, they don't eat people, and they've got complex and carefully woven textiles and armors.

Their Imperial-City has a carefully constructed harbor district, multiple centers of commerce...

Is it 'cause they're Black-Coded in their speech patterns? The African and Aztec Coding of their Architecture, Clothing, and Art? Or do y'all consider trolls to be "Less Evolved" somehow?

'Cause right now, I'm not seeing a whole lot of "Savage" in the proud and noble Zandalari. Sure they keep dinosaurs as pets, mounts, beasts of burden, and weapons of war... But do you -seriously- believe that we wouldn't in the real world if we had the chance?! We had Calvalry in WW2 and the only reasons we stopped using animal-based warfare were:

1) It was hard to train them.
    2) Ethical considerations of Dog-Mounted Explosives.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    1) It was hard to train them.
    2) Ethical considerations of Dog-Mounted Explosives.
    You forgot
    3) Dog-Mounted Explosives coming back for treats
    4) Dogs turning out to be smarter than expected, not willing to carry live explosives

Let's just say the project was quickly abandoned.

But since everybody else is still using animal labor, there's no reason the Zandalari wouldn't. I think the only player race that does not even consider it is Gnomes, while Goblins are perfectly happy using muscle power of any kind, as long as it isn't asking for a raise.
    Last edited by huth; 2018-03-08 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    We had Calvalry in WW2 and the only reasons we stopped using animal-based warfare were:
    1) Horses got nerfed because they were OP:

ca. 1917, colorized
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The Priest/Paladin campaigns even touch on the Priestesses of Elune being somewhat between Priest and Paladin(according to lore, they wore heavy armour and melee weapons during the WotA), with one of them actually switching halfway through.
    mind to share link for this? or name for quest/item/whatever? Just curious where it was (i am a little lazy to level paladin now)

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    mind to share link for this? or name for quest/item/whatever? Just curious where it was (i am a little lazy to level paladin now)
    Delas Moonfang

She starts out as a member of the Conclave(Priest Order), but later joins the Paladin Order as one of the champions. It's not really in-depth, but still. It's a bit interesting that she can basically pick up a mace and plate armour and be effective without any extra training.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    1) Horses got nerfed because they were OP:

ca. 1917, colorized
    The HUDS they had back in WWI were so quaint. And it was only the officers that got to use the 3rd person camera drones.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Delas Moonfang

She starts out as a member of the Conclave(Priest Order), but later joins the Paladin Order as one of the champions. It's not really in-depth, but still. It's a bit interesting that she can basically pick up a mace and plate armour and be effective without any extra training.
    ah her. i thought that there is some more like you said. (maybe NPC dialog or something like that). I mean about WotA and where you got info about them using heavy armor and melee weapons (i suspect it myslef, just thought that there was clear confirmation about it)
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-03-08 at 03:33 PM.