Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    To be a bit off-topic but it's weird seeing this thread getting bumped as often as it is and it's not ministabber doing it.
    Interestingly enough I have WS (haven't played in ages) but not through Steam. Yesterday WS was one of the Steam featured and recommended Steam suggestions for me. It's still there today so hopefully they are punting it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Interestingly enough I have WS (haven't played in ages) but not through Steam. Yesterday WS was one of the Steam featured and recommended Steam suggestions for me. It's still there today so hopefully they are punting it a bit.
    That's likely not anything Carbine did if it just showed up on that top scrollbar. That's based off your purchases/wishlist/games played for the most part, so it's Valve's algorithm adding that to your list right now because it thinks you'll want to play it.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a part of the free to play category, as well as rpg, mmo, online game, multiplayer, etc. If you played anything like that, it will be there eventually. There are only so many free games on Steam.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Wait until there is a lull then go on an advertising binge. Wildstar could have done so the minute it went F2P and also it should have prioritized an Asian release over the Steam one.
    This is so true, I remember SWTOR taking advantage of a lull to great effect last year, and for a while their numbers had a good bump!
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to do a relaunch of some sort with good advertising and some new content, this game is too good to simply abandon but it's so fucking dead that it simply isn't worth playing.. all it does is lose even more ppl for this reason. It needs fresh devs, the ones it had were very ignorant and a bunch of asshats. They refuse simple things like letting stalker use daggers even as a visual, it was their way or the high way since the beginning. Fuck those guys. It'll be sad when the plug is pulled but it's not like any of us are playing anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    All it needs is to die. It had its share of relaunches and bombed all of those. It's not going to be Final Fantasy, it's far too gone for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    All it needs is to die. It had its share of relaunches and bombed all of those. It's not going to be Final Fantasy, it's far too gone for this.
    Basically this. They had multiple chances of fixing things up, including the Steam launch, and they just went the "we'll put the game there and forget" route. They should have just changed the focus on solo/small groups encounters and get away from holy trinity (since combat system allows for it big time) while keeping challenge high and they would have a game that basically plays itself, just adding new zones and encounters over time.

They instead went the most half assed route of all times and now the game is left there. The fact they don't plug it off is that it's very cheap to mantain and another pulled plug will just become a bad thing for NCSoft.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Basically this. They had multiple chances of fixing things up, including the Steam launch, and they just went the "we'll put the game there and forget" route. They should have just changed the focus on solo/small groups encounters and get away from holy trinity (since combat system allows for it big time) while keeping challenge high and they would have a game that basically plays itself, just adding new zones and encounters over time.

They instead went the most half assed route of all times and now the game is left there. The fact they don't plug it off is that it's very cheap to mantain and another pulled plug will just become a bad thing for NCSoft.
    With this, Carbine's name is tainted quite a bit but I wonder if it could do a proper FF14 style reboot if a more trustworthy developer got a hold of the IP if not NCSoft lending it out. Like Lazuli said, I did enjoy the game quite a bit at first but now it's slowly going away in a manner most gruesome compared to other closed mmos.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Why you are so spiteful?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Why you are so spiteful?
    not being spiteful, Gaidax is right. Carbine bombed their own game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    With this, Carbine's name is tainted quite a bit but I wonder if it could do a proper FF14 style reboot if a more trustworthy developer got a hold of the IP if not NCSoft lending it out. Like Lazuli said, I did enjoy the game quite a bit at first but now it's slowly going away in a manner most gruesome compared to other closed mmos.
    Honestly even carbine could do it(remember at the time SE name was becoming preeeety meaningless and associated with lightning and mass delays/bad products) FFXIV actually turned it around

Could be easy enouhh lorewise by having it be Nexus has some kinda reboot or restart function we accidentally trigger.

Another thing i would suppprt is dropping tbe MMO and making an old school platformer/adventure game out of it with heavy rpg elememts .the world they created is frankly vast and interesting enough and if not fir their HORRENDOUS decisions and ego when making it i suspect it would have done very well

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    not being spiteful, Gaidax is right. Carbine bombed their own game.
    Saying it need to die is spiteful.

Saying it need to die is spiteful.
    or you respond normally..

This game has lost all chance of survival. The playerbase is shrinking day per day.. What else can you do?

or you respond normally..

This game has lost all chance of survival. The playerbase is shrinking day per day.. What else can you do?
    Who exactly is harmed if the game will stay on life support?

The people who buy it expecting it to have an active playerbase and new content, since they're still selling it.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

Are you just oblivious, a developer or a fanboy? Because I'm not sure atm..

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbar View Post
    The people who buy it expecting it to have an active playerbase and new content, since they're still selling it.
    It's free to play.

But actually NCsoft are considering they still have to give it minor funding.

I think Wildstar had a lot of potential. It could have easily have found itself in FFXIV's shoes if it had made smarter design decisions and had pumped out meatier, meaningful content.

The art style of the game world is pretty great. I liked the music. The variety of playable races is intriguing. A lot of the lore is solid and the housing system is one of the best I've seen in a modern MMO.

A firmly believe that a 'Reset' could work for the game if done well. I'd ditch the faction conflict, though. I wanted to play the Dominion and found them much more engaging in terms of aesthetics (Cassians especially). Yet the bulk of players went Exiles. I didn't want to - so I ended up quitting once the population dwindled and the lack of Dominion players really began to hurt my enjoyment of the game.

I really did love this game :/ it's a shame it's dead

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbar View Post
    You cant blame game on people who dont want to research beforehand. And im pretty sure people need to go great lenght to NOT find information that wildstar community is very, very small.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you just oblivious, a developer or a fanboy? Because I'm not sure atm..
    Are you able to answer the question asked?