Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    "We just wanted the coloureds and the homos out of our games, don't tread on me! :'((((("

To quote Bart Simpson; the ironing is delicious.
    As someone who opposed the PC movement into video games (just for the sake of being PC), and I oppose Trump and his new PC push, I'm happy where I stand. Let the markets decide, not the government.

Knowing this president's habits, he's probably just doing this for photo-op purposes.

Everyone should just start rejecting his invitations and force him to do something else instead of giving the impression that he's on it.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Ah yes, those well known ''left leaning'' people that have CSA flags and do the goose step. Who considers the REPUBLICANS as ''left wing,''
    What CSA flag?

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/

Go on, find it for me!

Deleted
    Haha, soon you guys in the US get altered versions of games, just like they have in Germany

10+ Year Old Account
    Being against diversity in media puts you in the right wing camp, sorry bud.
    Media has been diverse for ages. The fact that not every single tv series, film or game has the required quota to brand it as diverse does not make media less diverse.

Christ, following your post I even engaged in a quick memory exercise, trying to recall examples of diversity, particularly games or shows.

Have we forgotten Tomb Raider, Virtual fighter, Street fighter, Dragon Ball? Have you watched the original dragon ball? It had a whole bunch of different sentient animals and some female characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    Changing the games in stupid ways that don't make sense beacuse they want their diversity?
    Such as?

Actually sit down and study the history of GamerGate and how it happened before opening your flap about it again, please? Let me get you started: It began with feminists, game journalists, and game publishers having a secret chat where they conspired to push a left-wing political agenda, coordinated reviews, and pushed a political agenda into the medium.
    "It's about ethics in gaming journalism".

It's been a while since I've been mansplained to, honestly. Forgot how funny it is.

When GamerGate happened, they moved on to comic books. Marvel changed A LOT and is no longer profitable. Marvel is starting to revert back.
    Couldn't possibly be because comics are a struggling medium, especially with Marvel's terrible business decisions and lack of any narrative cohesion.

In the meantime, they've gone after Magic: The Gathering.

And on and on it goes. They're infesting everything.
    You've yet to explain exactly what they are doing that is so terrible.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2018-03-08 at 04:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Sure, Felicia.

What does this even mean?
    It means when you insert people into a study because they are a minority in the real world when it doesn't fit the story of the game.

A recent example was a hostorical game set in Middle Ages Bohemia, which at the time was entirely full of white people. The game is called Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and there were repeated and loud calls from the SJW-infested media to make the game include more people of colour.

Another example is The Witcher or the Legend of Zelda, where these same people wanted to play as women, even though anyone who knows the lore of these games know that that couldn't possibly work unless the whole perspective of the storytelling changed and the game was redeveloped from the ground up. When they didn't get what they wanted, they threw a fit.

15+ Year Old Account
    What does this even mean?
    See the Kingdom come: Deliverance thing. Activists are saying that Warhorse needs to include Africans into the game due to diversity, when Warhorse said that their historians have found no traces of Africans in that region at that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Media has been diverse for ages. The fact that not every single tv series, film or game has the required quota to brand it as diverse does not make media less diverse.

Christ, following your post I even engaged in a quick memory exercise, trying to recall examples of diversity, particularly games or shows.

Have we forgotten Tomb Raider, Virtual fighter, Street fighter, Dragon Ball? Have you watched the original dragon ball? It had a whole bunch of different sentient animals and some female characters.
    I'll give you a hint: X demographic being present does not mean their depiction is not problematic or that it makes them an actual, you know, character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    See the Kingdom come: Deliverance thing. Activists are saying that Warhorse needs to include Africans into the game due to diversity, when Warhorse said that their historians have found no traces of Africans in that region at that time.
    Why does this matter, exactly?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I'll be honest, I'm still rather shocked how seriously people took GamerGate. This was something that really triggered millions of people... and it wasn't even that big of an issue. It should have been little more than a footnote, but as you see, people take that shit very seriously.

They arent against diversity. They are against forced diversity, basicly diversity just for diversity sake.
    IE, any game that does not look like polar bears eating vanilla ice cream for the cast. That kill ''darkies'' by the truckload.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why does this matter, exactly?
    Since they wanted to make a game about a specific time period and a specific place with as much historical accuracy as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    It means when you insert people into a study because they are a minority in the real world when it doesn't fit the story of the game.
    So your issue is with extraneous characters, not with diversity. Gotcha.

A recent example was a hostorical game set in Middle Ages Bohemia, which at the time was entirely full of white people. The game is called Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and there were repeated and loud calls from the SJW-infested media to make the game include more people of colour.
    And this is bad, because....?

Another example is The Witcher or the Legend of Zelda, where these same people wanted to play as women, even though anyone who knows the lore of these games know that that couldn't possibly work unless the whole perspective of the storytelling changed and the game was redeveloped from the ground up. When they didn't get what they wanted, they threw a fit.
    I'll give you a few minutes so you can rethink trying to use diegesis to justify a lack of diversity.

- - - Updated - - -

Since they wanted to make a game about a specific time period and a specific place with as much historical accuracy as possible.
    So are they trying to make a documentary, or a video game?

Fools. This is nothing more than a mechanism for Trump to say he's doing something about gun violence without really doing anything. Just scapegoating anything but guns themselves for gun deaths.

"It's about ethics in gaming journalism".

It's been a while since I've been mansplained too, honestly. Forgot how funny it is.
    It was indeed about ethics in gaming journalism, and it was being committed by feminists, and the feminists labelled the movement as being misogynistic, and your sorry arse bought it hook, line, and sinker, because you have no critical thinking faculties or ability to research whatsoever.

Calling an explanation a mansplation and associating that with something negative, as if there is something bad about a man explaining something to you that you clearly don't understand, only serves to underpin that you are, indeed, a sexist asshole, and I will have no further dealings with you after this post.

Couldn't possibly be because comics are a struggling medium, especially with Marvel's terrible business decisions and lack of any narrative cohesion.
    Yeah, they are indeed struggling with that because every character had to be changed to pander to SJW's. Actually check out what happened, alright?

You've yet to explain exactly what they are doing that is so terrible.
    Here are two players that got banned for life.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/mtglion
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCII...9f0KlRsT1CBpDw

Explain that to anybody here without invoking SJW logic. I dare you.

Yeah, we know, ''no darkies and no wumin'' because it might threaten the hardcore realism of such games.

Dumb question, do you REALLY think Czechs were considered ''white'' by the edgelords of 1933 ?

Being against diversity in media puts you in the right wing camp, sorry bud.
    I'm against forced diversity for the sake of having diversity.

I'm not against diversity. I'm a liberal and was part of gamergate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

GamerGater here who's still happy that Trump won. Trump might, maybe, try to more effectively ban the sale of games to minors with violent content, whereas Hillary was appealing to the SJW's, who were infesting literally every studio and changing the actual games themselves. That would've been much worse, especially for me in Denmark, as what Trump and his base is doing doesn't affect me, whereas what Hillary and her base is doing and was going to ramp up absolutely would have.
    "SJWs" play the cultural angle on video game changing, which can be fought by normal people. Trump would play the legal angle, which isn't something you or I can even make a ripple to stop. Banning something at the legal level is 1000x worse than trying to sway minds at the cultural level. You are turning a blind eye to the side you support because you are giving Trump the benefit of the doubt, while at the same time, thinking the other side is going to summon Cthulu to destroy video games. Stop being so naive.

Also, if you think anything wouldn't touch you in Denmark that could be passed here in America, I have some bad news for you. Video games that are made in America would be affected by any legal changes that republicans would pass. Any age restriction is already in effect, so not much left to do other than actually regulate what can be portrayed in video games at a LEGAL level.

But yes, keep giving Trump a pass because #gamergate only seems to give a shit if the targets in question have nice boobs. That is why I left the movement, it became a right wing circle jerk.

Hoooo nelly, people are angry today.

I doubt anything is going to happen. Also - don't get the SJW arguments going on in this threat either. This is about violence and video games, not diversity, there are 500 other threads where you can argue that.

Those sound like 3 examples where nothing was changed...