Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I always roll my eyes when people say this. Some of the most behaved kids I've ever encountered were those who had invasive parents.
    Of course you would. And not every kid who has ever been physically punished turn out to be drug addicts or serial killers... I'm not really sure what your point is?

As for promiscuity, teen sex is actually low compared to say 80s or 90s. This is both a good and a bad thing, depending on how people interpret it.
    And no one's talkin about 10 or 15 years ago, societal changes do not happen over night. (or in 10 years)
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see her marrying someone fairly early or just moving in with her boyfriend as soon as she's legally able to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I can see her marrying someone fairly early or just moving in with her boyfriend as soon as she's legally able to.
    Which always seems to turn out well, huh?
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Of course you would. And not every kid who has ever been physically punished turn out to be drug addicts or serial killers... I'm not really sure what your point is?
    My point being that the people who say those things are often ignorant of the underlying causation of their actions. Not everyone who is beaten or physically abused turns out bad, but they became decent, mentally healthy members of society despite it, not because of it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    While I don't think a child should be prosecuted...I do feel there should be punishment of some sort. A child/teenager that is engaging in the activity of taking and sending nude photos to someone should have no expectation of privacy. If you are putting yourself out there, it's on you. I'm not saying that person should be registered as a sex offender or anything like that, but lessons need to be learned. And yes, that probably means the parents need to idk, actually get off their lazy asses and be parents. Instill some morals into your children.
    Sending nude pictures is immoral but you’ll smack a bitch for using Snapchat, makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    My point being that the people who say those things are often ignorant of the underlying causation of their actions. Not everyone who is beaten or physically abused turns out bad, but they became decent, mentally healthy members of society despite it, not because of it.
    Uhhh, what? Still not following why you would "roll your eyes" at what I posted, when I clearly conveyed my disagreement with physical punishment.

7+ Year Old Account
    While I don't condone beating of any sort... In 10 years half of you will be saying, "Oh this chick got caught at work sendin naked snap-chats to all her husband's friends, while he's off fighting for our country!"

Then someone "smart" will say, "Someone shoulda kicked that girls' ass when she was younger to show her to respect her self and others!"
    And if you think about it, actual physical abuse and the number of people it happens to has went down over the last couple 100 years.
    Then again, promiscuity (in both males & females) has been on a complete rise.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

2700th Post! =P
    So all we have to do to stop people from sleeping around is beat them? Pretty flawed logic.

He's an idiot for doing what he did and that poor girl needs to be taken far away from him. However, I do feel the problem is Snapchat. Let's be real, I don't care what argument you think you can come up with, Snapchat is mostly used for nudes. That's it's "niche" market. There needs to be more parental controls on something like that "Such as linking it to a parents account and showing all images sent/recieved".

He's human garbage, but Snapchat is also a huge problem.
    Bleh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So all we have to do to stop people from sleeping around is beat them? Pretty flawed logic.
    Mmm, how'd you squeeze that out of what I said, Doc?

I actually didn't offer up any advice or suggestion on how to stop anything.

But I clearly stated how AGAINST I am of the use of any physical harm for discipline... Pretty flawed reading & comprehension skills you have there.

Wft are you tryin to do?

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    While I don't think a child should be prosecuted...I do feel there should be punishment of some sort. A child/teenager that is engaging in the activity of taking and sending nude photos to someone should have no expectation of privacy. If you are putting yourself out there, it's on you. I'm not saying that person should be registered as a sex offender or anything like that, but lessons need to be learned. And yes, that probably means the parents need to idk, actually get off their lazy asses and be parents. Instill some morals into your children.
    Teens having sex... the world didn’t end in the 70sans teens are doing it less. I really don’t care is two 15 or 16 year olds are sending each other photos. Photos don’t make you pregnant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mmm, how'd you squeeze that out of what I said, Doc?

I actually didn't offer up any advice or suggestion on how to stop anything.

But I clearly stated how AGAINST I am of the use of any physical harm for discipline... Pretty flawed reading & comprehension skills you have there.

Wft are you tryin to do?
    You say your against it then go on about how abuse has gone down by sleeping around has gone up when there both completely unrelated to each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which always seems to turn out well, huh?
    For her? Nope. For the guy? Yep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You say your against it then go on about how abuse has gone down by sleeping around has gone up when there both completely unrelated to each other.
    Actually they're not *that* unrelated at all.. Especially when it comes to domestic violence.

And do you honestly think "abuse" of any sort has gone up in terms of frequency and the number of people affected by it, in the last 1,000 years?

It hasn't. History should show you that right off the bat. Do you know how many, just women, have been physically abused BEFORE we had all of these laws and enforcement of said laws? Countless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    For her? Nope. For the guy? Yep.
    Hahaha!

/10chr