Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Good.

Diversity doesn't compromise quality.
    Well placed diversity is ofc welcome. But if a game developer chose to not include a certain minority(if the rest of the game is diverse), that should not be a determent to wheter a game is good or not.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Straight up denial of reality.

If what you're saying is true, why would game developers EVER do anything with a diverse cast? Hollywood gives awards to flops because of the political message in them. Hollywood, after being outed by "whitewashing", is now "blackwashing" and "femalewashing" movies(the dark tower and ghostbusters being two examples). Google employee James Damore was fired because he said men and women think and act differently, whereas the president of Google's Youtube said the exact same thing and was allowed to stay president because... Reasons?

How can you see these industries and think they're not being infected by SJW politics?
    So, why aren't you as angry when the actual government is trying to do it?

Deleted
    when I was in HS by far the most popular game was CoD (only us cool kids played wow ) followed by GTA and FIFA. Never had a school shooting AND we suck at football :/

15+ Year Old Account
    The behaviour of gamers when confronted with any questioning of the status quo is what drives the mainstream portrayal of gamer culture, point in fact.
    I love the fact that games are progressing. We are getting better and better games, and more variety. But not every game has to fit to everyone. And also portraying the videogame culture as a cesspool of nothing, but angrymen misogynist/racist men that breeds Toxic masculinity is doing the whole industry a disfavor.

It also paints a false picture for people not submerged into the videogame culture. People like Trump mostly get his views from either his own staff(which know nothing) or mainstream media(which paints a false picture due to people like Anita)
    Last edited by Deldavala; 2018-03-08 at 06:06 PM.

That awkward moment when people who supported Anita now have to agree with Trump or look like hypocrites...
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    That awkward moment when people who supported Anita now have to agree with Trump or look like hypocrites...
    That awkward moment when the people who were outraged over GG now have to be outraged over Trump.

Where are all those people, btw?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and no.

If you are choosing the setting of Sudan because you want to give your audience a window into the region and allow them to explore its culture and spirit, by all means.

If you are choosing the setting of Sudan because it's an exotic backdrop in which your white characters can play around and observe umpteen stereotypes about Africans, no.

There is also the argument that because of the privileged position certain demographics have had that it's more acceptable to be malleable with that demographic rather than with the minority demographic that struggles for representation. Not necessarily my argument, but it's extant.
    I chose sudan because my GF is sudanese and i want to know more about it..also a region that would lack white people.

She also pointed out IF you had black people in kimgdom come they likely would be slaves also not pc.

Ammd privilidge is a bs divisive and skin deep argument. It rarely takes into account anything other then skin tone abd gender and at most sexuality.

It is faulty to it's core and has likely done nothing but cause divusiobs amomgst people by focusing on our very minute differences

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Like, i was all for GG early on in the movement, slightly after it got over bitching about Zoe Quinn every five seconds, when it was actually felt people were trying to push for a change, but it devolved into a right wing circle jerk as it got co-opted by people like Milo Trollinopolis. You are right that there is a gigantic double standard in GG atm, or gg supporters, that they are just turning a blind eye to Trump right now despite him saying the same shit about video games in regards to violence as people like Anita did about "anti-women" or what ever you want to characterize her arguments as.
    Not turning a blind eye... Have you even heard what he's said about games and what he wants changed? I feel like you're misinformed about this entire subject. Everything he's said has already been changed and in law or things that are impossible to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That awkward moment when the people who were outraged over GG now have to be outraged over Trump.

Where are all those people, btw?
    Who knows, probably out there thinking the whole video games = violence thing is stupid, which it is.

Who knows, probably out there thinking the whole video games = violence thing is stupid, which it is.
    So, where's the outrage? GG got people absolutely fucking vicious, and the GG supporters seem very muted. In fact, they seem to want to only talk about GG, and dismiss the current issue. Man, it's almost as if they are being willfully ignorant in order to hide their lack of logical consistency.

Do they even care if they're being hypocritical, though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Or perhaps it's about the modification of the concept to include anything that those using might deem antithetical to their own values.

By this logic, and to use the subject being discussed in this thread, I would be branded an alt-right, a racist or a sexist because of the criticisms that I would make towards diversity agendas. Well, so much for nuance.

And don't try to be disingenuous or childishly attempting to insult me, it does not legitimize your argument. If you actually understood my remark, you'd see that what I meant was that this forum, and by extension other places, appears locked in alt-right v far-left battle where those that want to moderately participate in the debate are inevitably thrown into one of the groups without actually manifesting anything that worthies that move.
    Or have views that do not align perfectly. Been called a libtard and communist by the right and far left has called me a natzi for supporting free speech.

How about i prefer freedom and security for EVERYONE and i see identity politics as divisive and dangerous.

Meanwhile i feel we need better pay healthcare and ALOT more in the US..overall i tend to lean left but these days unless you tow the line you are the opposote. It is an incredibly messed up system

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    She, (some of)the games journalists and other activists didnt change anything specific, but they are a driving force behind the mainstream portrayal of the videogame culture. They are doing the industry a disservice by being dishonest and pushing for political agendas. Since most people that buy games are not hardcore, the mainstream videogame journalists are one of the ways they can get a review of a certain games. When they then attacks certain games, and portray them poorly, because they dont adhere to their agenda it can hurt developers. Developers will then in return put certain restrictions on themselves, to not be badmouthed by these mainstream outlets.
    What games got bad reviews because of a lack of diversity or the violence against women charge that Anita lives on. Off the top of my head, I think pokemon had a bad review because it had too much of one thing, water.

Seriously though, games still get 4-5 stars/80-90+ on review websites when people like Anita express their opinion on the topic. I don't see them changing anything at all. The worst "journalists" have done is attack "gamers" during the gamergate, which was fucking stupid, but apart from that span of time, its been the status quo really. Even during that time, video games still got the normal ratings unless I'm missing something. Tbqh, I really don't get who goes to kotaku or any of those other "journalist" websites other than people already in the gaming culture. Fuck, i've been into video games for longer than some gamers have been alive, and I had never heard of any of the "gamers are dead" websites until gamergate existed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Its a slight exaggeration, but that is what is being justified in this thread through a few people. The changes Trump will put forth won't harm video games, but what SJWs do will.
    Trump will damage alot of gameplay and entire genres if he gas his way the pc crowd would damage storytelling and settings if they had theirs by banning certain ideas

BOTH can be bad

- - - Updated - - -

Trump can't do shit, though. He's an ineffective idiot.
    A chaotic idiot never underestimate chaotic idiots

Do the GG supporters who are suddenly quiet care they are being hypocritical?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, where's the outrage? GG got people absolutely fucking vicious, and the GG supporters seem very muted. In fact, they seem to want to only talk about GG, and dismiss the current issue. Man, it's almost as if they are being willfully ignorant in order to hide their lack of logical consistency.
    Since you see these people trying to only talk about GG and dismiss this issue, you should probably start talking to them about it instead of me.

No, as usual logic just doesn't seem to matter.

The whole thing is a sham. Look at the guest list. It's literally 3 guys from the video game industry, who aren't even really major players(1 is), then you have 7 or 8 ppl who...wrote a book about how bad video games are, parents tv council people(we all remember those asshats), and several others who are anti video game. It's literally a room full of sharks with some goldfish in the middle. Shit will not end well. Funny though, they don't have a single mental health professional there. Which, in all honesty, is the only person who can say what type of effect violent games/movies/etc have on a person. Everyone else is just gonna spew out their nonsense with nothing to back it up
    Kthxhugsbye

10+ Year Old Account
    Straight up denial of reality.

If what you're saying is true, why would game developers EVER do anything with a diverse cast? Hollywood gives awards to flops because of the political message in them.
    Oscar bait has been a thing long before "SJWs" so; no.

Hollywood, after being outed by "whitewashing", is now "blackwashing" and "femalewashing" movies(the dark tower and ghostbusters being two examples)
    Okay. And?

If you're claiming that blackwashing/femalewashing is bad then you should also be of the opinion whitewashing is equally as bad. Moreover, your argument ignores the reasons -why- whitewashing is perceived as a bad thing; it's not just 'because white'.

Google employee James Damore was fired because he said men and women think and act differently, whereas the president of Google's Youtube said the exact same thing and was allowed to stay president because... Reasons?
    Largely because Damore was being a cunt about it and claiming that differences in sex were indicative of inherent inability.

How can you see these industries and think they're not being infected by SJW politics?
    Because I'm not romanticising a past that never actually existed, nor do I see a stigmatisation of traditional norms as a bad thing.

I don't fit into the default media demographic, you see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Since you see these people trying to only talk about GG and dismiss this issue, you should probably start talking to them about it instead of me.

No, as usual logic just doesn't seem to matter.
    You mean like you did? Man, that must be awkward for you.

"That awkward moment when people who supported Anita now have to agree with Trump or look like hypocrites..."

Let me know when it sinks in...

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    See the Kingdom come: Deliverance thing. Activists are saying that Warhorse needs to include Africans into the game due to diversity, when Warhorse said that their historians have found no traces of Africans in that region at that time.
    I've been following that game a bit and playing it, and I never even heard about that. Why do we pretend the words of a few harmless ''activists'' on Twitter matter? Ignore them like you would ignore some sexist prick saying that women shouldn't be able to fight in video games.

And this commission won't do shit anyway. The video game lobby is fairly powerful in Washington and nobody important actually wants to start censoring or limiting video games. There's going to be bluster, and some groups will talk about it in a effort to blame gun violence on everything but the guns, then it will blow over.