Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Could be, yeah with the class adjustments etc. BUT don't forget the time investment, not everybody has the time to play 2 WoWs that's why I doubt there will be so many people playing Classic after some time when the hype is gone.
    I still believe those two WoW (Current expansion and Classic) are not the same game and are not for the same crowd.
    I am also a firm believer that they should put no major change in Classic, so both WoW will be distinct from one and other

But back to original topic, are we going to relive 2004 once again ? Ishhhhh. No.
    Speaking for myself, I started playing WoW when I was maybe 30 years old. And I expect that when classic is going to come out I will be 44/45.
    So yeah, Like I'm going to buy 6 redbulls and Doritos for the next few months ? :P

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just hope the people asking for changes or late builds aren't the majority. I think leveling and dungeon progression will be way too easy with a mid to late build due to blues being so much more powerful, on top of talents.

More knowledge/internet on the game, less people using crappy talents/items, everyone will be more optimized early game for sure so that phase will move a bit quicker.

I do hope that crafting/rep/onyxia scales(skinning), are still meaningful, but I can imagine the "dungeon" phase of the game go by much quicker for the hardcore crowd.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-08 at 06:08 PM.

2004 was fuckin sweet year and 2005 even better.

Of course it won't make the impact that it did back in 2004. The context has changed, player expectations and experiences have moved on. The MMO market and the internet-gaming industry in general has both matured and diversified to the point where even the most unusual of niche offerings are provided. Now, that doesn't mean to say that classic will "fail", but to a lesser degree than it was originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    How powerful will a classic release be at this point? will it be able to dominate the scene of mmo just like it did back on 2004 or will it be far weaker? it's kinda strange to be 14 years ahead and still lay our hopes on vanilla.
    Anyone who puts there hopes on vanilla is foolish. It will be big, huge gathering when it first launches, then the "casuals" will leave, slowly followed by the stubborn ones who just hate current WoW so much, they have to prove "vanilla is better", until it finally settles down to the really devoted ones who actually do enjoy Vanilla WoW, which will form it's community.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    Heirlooms are only for 2nd character that you level. 1st character will have the same leveling grind/immersion you want. PLUS THEY ARE OPTIONAL. Lvl 60 items will be better than heirlooms by a mile so it won't impact the gameplay in any way. Not like you will clear Naxx in heirlooms...

Class balance will help by having people go into the raiding scene more rather than "you want to tank bosses in raids as druid tank, sry but you can't cause you can't hold the threat and we will wipe with you as tank". It will just make raids better since you don't have to play restoration druid only in raids since the other specs are completely useless.

M+ would be interesting to have but it won't happen cause you have to scale all the dungeons to lvl 60 and so on.

Tokens- there is a forum thread about these and you can see there why they won't impact the game in any significant way.

LFR is something that would make raids more accesible to casuals and that's it. Probably won't happen even though I won't mind. Serious raiding has always been done with the guild.
    You may "reason" as you please, but it wouldn't be Classic, at least not in the sense that Brack talked about. It would be just a Legion capped at lvl 60, with the possibility of acquiring retired items on top. Not my cup of tea, definitely.

Technically mankind has already lived to the year 2004 a number of times depending on the era.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

over 50% will realize how bad classic was in time vs reward and will just give up on it.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm expecting a good few people to really embrace classic wow and keep it alive but it won't be as big as it was - doubt classic will even have 1million active players after the initial buzz dies down.

Most people will quit rather quickly.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    over 50% will realize how bad classic was in time vs reward and will just give up on it.
    That's ok, Vanilla isn't for everyone. For you it's bad, for other ppl it's good, to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    That's ok, Vanilla isn't for everyone. For you it's bad, for other ppl it's good, to each his own.
    Like everything else. Someone considers ordering pizza as a good choice, someone cooks dinner. Someone likes Medal of Honor, someone Fifa or PES etc.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    Like everything else. Someone considers ordering pizza as a good choice, someone cooks dinner. Someone likes Medal of Honor, someone Fifa or PES etc.
    That's why you can't say that Vanilla is "bad" simply because you don't like it

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    No, you have no idea what you're talking about. I've been playing on PServers for 4 years and it's the same as it ever was. Is it as easy as "Press LFR button and faceroll" to do a dungeon? No. You may have to wait a day, or even 2 if it's a crappy dungeon like Gnomer or Mara. But you're not going to outlevel that dungeon in 2 days anyway. Remember the cap will be 60, so you'll get 60s doing Mara and ST. People will always be levelling alts. There will be people to play with. Maybe not in your "i want it instantly when I press LFG button" way but it's plenty possible and in good time.

CRZ is a cancer upon server communities. Cross realm BGs are the same. PServers work because they go back to the one realm philosophy. You get to know people and they're the same people who are around forever. You build friendships and rivalries. This is what keeps you logging in.

An mmorpg should not be about instant gratification. There's plenty of games that cater for that crowd.
    I've leveled around 10 level 60s in the past 3 years on private servers and I'm not talking about level 60 dungeons lol. I'm talking about all those elites in the world that you almost never find groups for them. Or the low level dungeons, that btw are not even worth doing for xp. So you have to find not only people, but people that want to do those dungeons for fun.

Of course I didn't play on Nost PvP, because 10k population is retarded and not blizzlike at all, with 10k population I'm pretty sure it's much easier to find groups. But on a server with 2k population, when most people are close to 60 after several months it's shit.

I have no idea why the fuck are you talking about instant gratification, I'm just talking about how the game actually does not fit the year 2018 player mentality and why it won't be any "2004" again. You seem to have no idea what this thread is about, well it's not about instant gratification, CRZ and people needing to suck it up, it's about will the people still play it like it was 2004. And the answer is: no fucking way.

So it's not ME wanting "instant gratification", I'm actually pretty much against any changes to the game, it's about the vast majority of people. Without people playing the game and then actually staying in the game for more than 1 month, it will end up like before, server imbalances, people raging for merges and all that shit. I don't really care, I look at this classic WoW like some kind of museum, I don't want to relive and re-experience things from the past, that's just not possible. There was a remake of Psycho a while back, with the same camera movement and editing, but was it better than the original? Or even close? Nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    People will realize that they don't want a second job again. Minds change, people change, conditions change. people probably won't want to dedicate over 24 hours a week just to trying to *GET* to the End Game, let alone the time required to do stuff there.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    People will realize that they don't want a second job again. Minds change, people change, conditions change. people probably won't want to dedicate over 24 hours a week just to trying to *GET* to the End Game, let alone the time required to do stuff there.
    But there's no one rushing them, it's not like content will become obsolete in 3-4 months like in retail (except the pre-xpac droughts lul). I didn't dedicate 24 hours a week back then, and I won't now. And still I did it to AQ40 when 1.12 hit

It will massively fail because private servers that stated they would shut down if an official release was set have gone back and said that their classic experience is unique to anything blizzard could offer and won't actually shut down. So people will continue to play on private and very few will pay to play.

I will play it for at least 10 minutes before realizing that I missed the worst part of WoW. Darn.

You're not going to find many players that support Classic on this forum, simply because the time investment they have on modern wow gives them this mentality that they need to shutdown and destroy classic before it even arrives, because if it does, they know it spells the end for the modern game, otherwise they wouldn't fight against it so hard...anyway..

2004 will be successful enough to pass BfA sales, obviously. Given the case in point, Runescape, Oldschool Runescape has surpassed Runescape 3 in playership.

the real challenge is stabilizing around a year in, by that point a lot of people will quit because they simply do not have the time investment (which is embedded with skill too obviously, less skill = more time)

Pretty much the entirely of the legion audience are incompatible with the patience and drive of what Classic was, and will fall at the first hurdle, they'll literally all quit at level 20.

The issue is also, the people who will come into classic only to mold classic into something that resembles Legion, and if Blizzard actively listens to these people that seek to destroy the experience for their own gain.

The third and final hurdle is obviously the end of Classic, and what happens afterwards, but i'm sure that will already have been planned out. I'd expect a team similar to OSRS's but with less community involvement, which may destroy the game if Blizzard fails to listen to the community going forward.

At all points the game is in the communities hands, not blizzard's and if they try to take away from what that experience was, then classic players will go back to private servers.

In 2004 the only appealing thing about MMO's was "playing a game with friends."

I've got about a thousand of those games now, with more on the horizon, that aren't 14 years stepped backwards trying to appeal to what essentially is the Warcraft equivalent to Patriot's fans.

Classic is just that. A monetized look into what was.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by V1ndictive View Post
    My christ, you have been making me cringe throughout this thread. You're talking like you're SO superior for having played vanilla, like today's players could never handle it. It's a goddamn game, it really wasn't ever that difficult. Wasn't Nostalrius Naxx cleared in like 2 days...
    1) Vanilla WoW wasn't a game, it was a world, a living breathing world with an awesome community, you could meet friends by killing boars or clearing out a cave, people would roll for a random chest in a cave and feel so awesome for getting those mats and potions, nevermind the FREAKING GREEN. It was a game where some quests felt like journeys, so you'd actually WANT to take a break and chill in a town like the crossroads. try doing the same on modern WoW, lmao, what a joke, you're lucky if people in LFR talk. xD

2) Nostalrius never saw Naxx since it was shut down far too early, shows how little you know/care. Naxx was/is still pretty difficult to enter since you HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE other than to grind dungeons, work your way up to harder dungeons, then raids, then harder raids, it wasn't as simple as it is today with instant-nullification of the previous tier for casuals by introducing tier-skipping gear, the closest thing to that being Uldaman, which even private servers now prevent.
    Last edited by JohnnyMccrum; 2018-03-09 at 07:00 AM.