Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    The Chronicle only mentions the original four being defeated and imprisoned(in Y'shaarj's case, destroyed). Is there even an off-hand remark about the Titanforged fighting other, unnamed Old Gods? By that logic we can assume anything. Chronicle was meant to offer a thorough explanation to the history of Warcraft. It's not a novel, there's no meaning in withholding information such as this. Can there be any plot twists in a history book?
    We can always assume everything (as long as it doesn't outright contradicts canon), though - otherwise, all those speculation threads around would have been meaningless. It's just that there is no guarantee that those assumptions are, or will ever be canon. Chronicle was meant to offer an explanation, but it wasn't a history book like real life history books (not that history books detailed everything that happened either) per se. Essentially, it's just a guide / material book, not too different from UVG, WCx Manual, and such - they only describes the events Blizzard want them to, not everything happened in the events mentioned in those books. Even ignoring this, there are a lot of details or events not mentioned in Chronicle, it doesn't mean those never happened or are no longer canon.

In this particular case, it's true that Chronicle only named four Old Gods and mentioned the battle to destroy / imprison those four, but it has never explicitly stated anything in the line of "Those were the only one, there weren't any other!". Thus, technically, Blizzard can add millions other Old Gods and battles as part of the ordering of Azeroth, and it'd still be considered as expanding canon instead of a retcon.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-02-24 at 11:21 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

There are Interesting changes to Shul-Nagruth's Tentacles.

They share the same G'huun's Tentacle models.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    There are also two N'Zoth abilities datamined.

I wonder how soon the AvH will turn into All vs Old Gods.
    Those abilities are used by one of the bosses before G'huun!

- - - Updated - - -

The Maw and Tentacle are directly related to G'huun. This no doubt shows that G'huun and Shul-Nagruth are either the same entity or are directly linked somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sounds like the servant of an old god.
    Seeing as how all of the other Old Gods were named from Lovecraftian deities, it'd be a shame to lower this one to that status.

What if shul naguruth is the Old God that consumes Azeroth by interacting with her life blood and spreading it across the world like a virus or blood plague
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

It is N'Zoth, we will get to slap it silly soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Seeing as how all of the other Old Gods were named from Lovecraftian deities, it'd be a shame to lower this one to that status.
    Very loosely named after them, and not even in all cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I couldn't possibly love all this more.
    G'huun spawns these in the fight with it. I've said it before in some thread or another, but I think G'huun is the actual Shub-Niggurath inspired Old God. Life is G'huun's domain.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    I need this in my life. I main a spriest and Old Gods/ Twilight's hammer have always been my favorite part. Bring on the Lovecraftian elements!

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Very loosely named after them, and not even in all cases.
    My point still remains. Blizzard respected Lovecraft for this long and it'd be kinda weird to relegate one to a servant status.

Deleted
    Maybe it's the one who awakened on Argus? The journal of Ogmot talks about this and then it would be an outer god, looking in. Also, there was this pamphlet

AN EMERALD DAWN

An emerald sun dawns in the vault of the heavens, but it casts no shadow.

The world lifts her voice in terror, but only one can hear her cries.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked serpent feasts on stars.

It has no eyes to see, but it dreams of infinite endings and beginnings.

<Strange glyphs and writing in an unknown language cover the rest of the scroll.>

And while the emerald sun is ofc probably Argus in the skies of Azeroth, couldn't Shul-Naguruth be said snake? Kind of... together with Argus, but now that the Titan soul is out of it looking for a new one to corrupt?

There is a possible sub-race of Faceless Ones called Forgotten Ones that Arthas and heroes during Cataclysm fought. The Forgotten Ones seem to be living fortresses that the C'Thraxxi use as their HQ to summon a mass of tentacles throughout their domain, sort of like a Zerg base from Starcraft. It might mean that Shul-Naguruth is a place we have to enter to kill Old God servants.
    Last edited by Zeos; 2018-03-07 at 06:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeos View Post
    There is a possible sub-race of Faceless Ones called Forgotten Ones that Arthas and heroes during Cataclysm fought. The Forgotten Ones seem to be living fortresses that the C'Thraxxi use as their HQ to summon a mass of tentacles throughout their domain, sort of like a Zerg base from Starcraft. It might mean that Shul-Naguruth is a place we have to enter to kill Old God servants.
    Yeah, this is a likely possibility. We had Shu'Ma and Go'Rath and Iso'Rath as those giant Forgotten One-maw creatures, Shul-Nagruth could one of those. Pretty high up the Old God totem pole, but not right at the top.

G'huun has animations now. Those definitely look like eggs embedded in her flesh.
    https://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/132998-ghuun

Also, there seem to be egg models designed for her. Considering that she seems to spawn those Dark Young in her raid, I feel I'm correct in my assessment that she's the actual Shub-Niggurath figure here.

10+ Year Old Account

http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/134635-dark-young

I recently found this NPC called a "Dark Young". This "Dark Young" is remind me of Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath.

It looks like G'Huun's N'raqi. perhaps, Shul-Nagruth(Shub-Niggurath) is a Progenitor of G'Huun and Source of that Dark Young, or G'Huun is a result of experiments on carcass of Shul-Nagruth.
    That model looks amazing.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

What if Shul-Nagruth is a dead Old God killed by her brothers long ago? So Titans discovered and experiments on remains of her carcass while the ordering of azeroth. eventually G'huun, the reincarnation of Shul-Nagruth is born.
    Last edited by olddog; 2018-03-08 at 08:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    I doubt it'll be a fall blown old god. Chronicles cemented the number and changing your lore bible within 3 years of it's publication seems a little stupid.
    Pretty sure Chronicles has already been retconned to some extent with the Titans suddenly being alive again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Pretty sure Chronicles has already been retconned to some extent with the Titans suddenly being alive again.
    No, Antorus explains that bit - the Legion gathered the soul fragments of the dead Titans to revive them as corrupted Titans for Sargeras. Lore in-game mentions the Titans dying and being revived.

As far as the number of Old Gods, Chronicles doesn't actually specify how many there are, it just makes mention of the 4 most prominent and powerful Old Gods on Azeroth at the time of the Titans arrival. Xal'atath is implied to be a fragment of a dead Old God, so there may have been any number of Old Gods on Azeroth that simply were destroyed, fragmented, or pushed into obscurity by the big four before the arrival of the Titans. They may have been dealt with by the Titanforged in lesser engagements that Chronicles simply didn't mention.

Small updates about Shul-Nagruth were added in the lastest build.

http://bfa.wowhead.com/search?q=shul...gorized-spells
    stop teasing me blizz

Deleted
    Small updates about Shul-Nagruth were added in the lastest build.

http://bfa.wowhead.com/search?q=shul...gorized-spells
    stop teasing me blizz
    I'm pretty sure it will be a creature like in twilight highland

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    G'huun has animations now. Those definitely look like eggs embedded in her flesh.
    https://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/132998-ghuun
    I'd rather say that they're larvas.

Better image for non-sensitive people:
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...5993348225.jpg