Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Huh?
    It had +11k peak at launch and then stable +2k playerbase for next 2 years.
    Now it did not even reach 1k.
    I mean, that's not that unusual for a MMO that at this point is 7 years old and has struggled for a bit. Most MMO's lose most of their initial playerbase by the time they're half a decade old or older.

It's not an amazing bump for sure, but haven't there been problems with servers? That might be impacting player numbers right now.

Deleted
    How is the Prime compared to real vanilla rift? I loved that shit in 2011 and played it for a year or so. I slowly begun not liking it when more souls came out and made classes not unique anymore. I dont like when every class can tank, heal and dps so you dont care about what you bring to a raid/dungeon.

Also was told this is a ''rush server''? aka running trough all expansions in 1 year or so, which for me is a huge letdown if that is true. Feels like there is no purpose raiding because 2-3 months later there is a new expansion.

Huh?
    It had +11k peak at launch and then stable +2k playerbase for next 2 years.
    Now it did not even reach 1k.
    I'm not talking about launch. Rift, currently, is not a popular MMO. I wouldn't expect the levels to rise dramatically with a progression server release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    How is the Prime compared to real vanilla rift? I loved that shit in 2011 and played it for a year or so. I slowly begun not liking it when more souls came out and made classes not unique anymore. I dont like when every class can tank, heal and dps so you dont care about what you bring to a raid/dungeon.

Also was told this is a ''rush server''? aka running trough all expansions in 1 year or so, which for me is a huge letdown if that is true. Feels like there is no purpose raiding because 2-3 months later there is a new expansion.
    The newest souls and Primalist are not available atm. The two sets of souls prior to that are available to unlock in game, which will then allow all classes to do everything. It is the current soul trees just locked at 51 points.

As far as we know, it is a rush server and they want it to be at live in a year, but we will see if that actually happens or how they actually progress it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    I'm not talking about launch. Rift, currently, is not a popular MMO. I wouldn't expect the levels to rise dramatically with a progression server release.

- - - Updated - - -

The newest souls and Primalist are not available atm. The two sets of souls prior to that are available to unlock in game, which will then allow all classes to do everything. It is the current soul trees just locked at 51 points.

As far as we know, it is a rush server and they want it to be at live in a year, but we will see if that actually happens or how they actually progress it.

Crap.... i wanted the ''real'' vanilla rift

It does not look promising. Who would expect that...
    If thats a steam chart, prime is having issues with the steam client not working

Can confirm there was over 1400 players when I was on, as there was 900 people doing a zone event in the guardian zone, a few defiants snuck over

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post

Every class will still be able to fulfill all roles, but a simple shift in thinking makes this acceptable, to me at least. Don't look at your Class as a Class. Look st your soul choices as Class. f.ex, When I played my Mage, I did not consider myself a Mage, I considered myself a Chloromancer. Chloromancers can't Tank or DPS, they are just healers. You do still have to care about what you bring, because not every mage will necessarily want to tank or heal. You have to bring a Chloromancer if you want heals, not just any old Mage. A mage who plays Arbiter will not be able to heal you.

Not really all that different from Paladins and Druids in WoW honestly. Yeah, Paladins and Druids can fill all roles, but most Paladins and Druids I knew only performed one, maybe two roles. They had their PvE spec and their PvP spec and that was it. Druid A was always a Tank, Druid B always a Healer. You bring the one that plays the role you need, not just any random Druid.

It's a progression server, not rushed. What they are going to do is take a look at where the population is, and when most of the population is ready, relase the next Tier or Expansion. They have estimated it taking about a year, so that's not really rushed, just controlled.

So far, it's been fun for me, but I'm only level 8. I was reading in chat that there is a pretty bad XP Gap. Finish one zone and you're not ready for the next yet, so you almost have to supplement with Dungeons/Rifts/Warfronts. This is the big killer to me. I could care less about the old specs not being there, but it was not like this at all in the old days and this is supposed to be a return to the old days.

What I think happened, is around SL, thet reduced XP gains for F2P, but Patrons got the boosts that made it the same as Vanilla. There are no Patron benefits on Prime, even though you need Patron to play, so you are paying to get F2P XP rates. Kinda dumb IMO, but may work out since they have incentivized running lower level dungeons. All dungeons now Auto-Mentor you to their level but provide each person with a piece of loot of your actual level, not the level you mentored down too. So dungeon ques shouldn't be too bad and you can actually get the supplemental XP that way. We will have to wait and see if the population holds well enough for that to work though. I kinda wish they made XP rates on Prime equal to what Patrons get with a boost so it felt more like Vanilla though.

The biggest complaints I noticed in chat last night were crashes, of which I had none, the XP Gap and several people complaining that it sucked compared to Live. They did have not just one, but two, Trion Employees active in the 1-29 chat well into the evening. It was after midnight when I logged off and both were still there I think. Brasse and Roughraptors. RR was saying that the XP Gap is a known issue. Unsure if that means they are working on it and going to change it or if it's working as intended though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    If thats a steam chart, prime is having issues with the steam client not working

Can confirm there was over 1400 players when I was on, as there was 900 people doing a zone event in the guardian zone, a few defiants snuck over
    1400 isn't bad but it's not something to write home about either to be fair.

Stats from Steamcharts.com

Warframe: 82.384 (Last 30 days)
    Black Desert: 20.951 (Last 30 days)
    Elder Scrolls: 15.284 (Last 30 days)
    Neverwinter: 4.649 (Last 30 days)
    Tera: 2.451 (Last 30 days)
    Rift: 974 (Last 30 days)
    Wildstar: 343 (Last 30 days)

Current twitch stream views;

Rift: 2 above 100, next at 25
    Black Desert: 10 above 100, next at 97
    Warframe: 2 above 100, next at 37
    Elder Scrolls: 1 above 100, next at 57
    Neverwinter: 0 above 100, next at 38
    Tera: 1 above 100, next at 26
    Wildstar: 1 Stream with 1 viewer

Let's take another game into account;

Rainbow Six: Siege, comparable. Just had a huge new patch launch (Operation: Chimera)

176.208 Players according to Steam Charts
    20 Streams above 100, next at 96

Just to show how "Popular" the game really is atm.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post

Rainbow Six: Siege, comparable. Just had a huge new patch launch (Operation: Chimera)

Just bear in mind Steamcharts is not a fully accurate metric considering Rift also has Glyph which is outside of Steam as well. Also bit unfair to compare it to genres like Warframe.

kind of the not WoW MMOs :3 lel

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Just bear in mind Steamcharts is not a fully accurate metric considering Rift also has Glyph which is outside of Steam as well. Also bit unfair to compare it to genres like Warframe.
    Mmos tend to be trash for streaming in general

1400 isn't bad but it's not something to write home about either to be fair.
    its enough though for a single server to be active
    Last edited by Nasuuna; 2018-03-08 at 07:43 PM.

Never meant to compare just wanted to give a view compared to different genres and the like. That's why I added games like Warframe and Rainbow six.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    kind of the not WoW MMOs :3 lel
    To be fair an MMO is still an MMO. Warframe is a different genre of game however imo.

The main issue is every game on that lists has clients outside of Steam.

Sub.

Game also has separate credits from live because apparently live ones wouldn't work yet prime credits are transferred to live at the end. Somehow I find it hard to believe that if it can go one way it can't go the other.
    Last two streams he hasn't even been paid to play it, so they aren't really promoting any streamers much.

EDIT: I seem to have quoted the wrong post :/
    Last edited by ryanmahaffe; 2018-03-08 at 08:10 PM.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

In addition, I think there was some sort of bug in Steam where you could not launch Prime from Steam, only Live. So none of the Prime players counted in the Steam Charts at all.

It does not look promising. Who would expect that...
    Not everyone uses steam to play Rift, including myself

Bucknaste Time!

Quote Originally Posted by mightyquinn View Post
    Not everyone uses steam to play Rift, including myself
    No one was using Steam to play Prime because it wasn't working. If that were not the case the comparison would actually be valid because not everyone uses Steam to play those other games either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Because basic math.

Example:
    Lets say there is 5 live servers each with a cap of 10k.
    Now there is just one prime server with also a cap of 10k.

If just 1/4 of each of those 5 servers goes to the prime server that will hit the cap of said server, leaving out everyone else who may want to try it out. Seeing how this is "New" content and rift is in dire need of content it isn't surprising if a majority of there current playerbase at lease check it out. Even more so since you can get that bundle that gives you keys to give to your friends.

Keep in mind this math does not include Streamers and there community's who want to check the game out as well and people coming back to Rift to check it out.

There is streamer's who have a bigger community then one Rift server can hold.
    Wanted to touch on this quickly again because of something Brasse said in chat last night and it's more proof your "basic math" is stupid. Aside from the fact that raising server caps to levels you know crash servers is just plain stupid, Brasse mentioned that the main reason there was a queue was all the people reserving names. Everyone, whether they were planning on playing yesterday or not, was trying to log in to reserve their names, so the numbers yesterday were artificially inflated. By the time I got to log on, which was not until about 9PM Central Time, there was no queue. Saturdays numbers will mean a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    No one was using Steam to play Prime because it wasn't working. If that were not the case the comparison would actually be valid because not everyone uses Steam to play those other games either.

- - - Updated - - -

Wanted to touch on this quickly again because of something Brasse said in chat last night and it's more proof your "basic math" is stupid. Aside from the fact that raising server caps to levels you know crash servers is just plain stupid, Brasse mentioned that the main reason there was a queue was all the people reserving names. Everyone, whether they were planning on playing yesterday or not, was trying to log in to reserve their names, so the numbers yesterday were artificially inflated. By the time I got to log on, which was not until about 9PM Central Time, there was no queue. Saturdays numbers will mean a lot more.
    Wait.. "You can't compare this because other games also use clients outside steam"? Are you kidding me? That's the worst defense of the day

Wait.. "You can't compare this because other games also use clients outside steam"? Are you kidding me? That's the worst defense of the day
    Umm, that's not what I said at all, I suggest re-reading it, but I'll restate it here.

You can't use it CURRENTLY because Steam was not working at all for Prime. Therefore, it's numbers are artificially deflated since it was ONLY reporting numbers from Live last night, and even regular Live players were checking out Prime, so it's numbers were likely lower than normal as well.

If that WERE NOT the case it WOULD be a VALID comparison, because just like Rift, those other games also have clients outside of Steam.

I literally said the exact opposite of what it appears you think I did.

Even still, it's a good defense, Steam numbers are trash without the stats of how many users of each game use Steam. What if only 10% of Rift users use Steam but 50% of another games users use Steam, or vice versa?. For that reason, SteamSurvey is a great way to see trends within one game, but useless to compare to other games i they have their own launchers.

In fact, in this case, it's even more trash because 0% of Prime players were using Steam, because Steam would only log you in to live. This is likely the reason in the uptick on SteamSurvey because returning players who wanted to try Prime ended up in Live, then had to shut down steam and use Glyph to Launch Prime.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay so here are some of my thoughts now that I actually played it the whole evening:

1. The server is totally packed, lots of people. A bit too much people in fact in the starting zones. 500 people killing the invasion boss - quite laggy. So to those people who are watching Steam charts etc.... the server is full. And considering Prime is just one server, it's kind of perfect. I estimate there are a couple of thousand people playing there.

2. XP gain is low. I mean, like really low. A bit too low in fact - should be like 15-20% more. I've ran out of quests at every level since lvl 12, I've had to do lots of warfronts, rifts, grinding etc. just to get that next level to do a couple more quests. So the XP gain is a lot lower than in vanilla (and obviously live). I've played a lot (like 10+ hours I think) and I'm lvl 17 now. The biggest guy in the whole server was 26 the last time I checked. I think Trion needs to buff the XP gain - I don't mind slow leveling, but not being able to get more quests because my level isn't high enough is an issue. And before you ask, yes I did ALL quests, including carnages, side quests, pvp quests and profession quests everywhere. Back in the day you could skip some zones and you could outlevel your quests if you did a couple of dungeons or invasions. Now it's definitely not the case.

3. Mob HP is rather well balanced, takes about 15-20 seconds to kill one monster. Mob damage is quite high, AoE grinding is a total no-go at least as a lowbie. Basically you need to single target the mobs down.

4. New souls cost 2k, 20k and 50k planarite. I think it's well designed. You can get 2k planarite at lvl 30ish I guess. 20k will take quite some time and 50k is a lot. So you aren't getting all those new souls instantly, but shouldn't be an eternity either.

5. Ping is 130-170ms for me from Finland. It's playable. Not perfect, but absolutely playable.

6. Loving the atmosphere and freshness, it's awesome to zerg around with other noobies.

7. Dungeons have been fun, Some bosses hit very hard. Quite well balanced for leveling dungeons currently.

I would rate my experience so far 9/10. -0,5 points for latency and -0,5 for too low xp. Otherwise everything has been great!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So wait...lowering xp gains was one of the changes they made, while leaving meaningful changes like reverting souls/trees to match the original game on the floor. It's almost like they want this to take a lot of your time mindlessly grinding while you pay them sub money.

BAD WOLF