Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Oh Crissi, you have too much faith in the internet! lol
    im but a sweet girl hoping for a sweet world, with rainbows and unicorns. and a rainbow keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    They are on the left side of the political spectrum...
    I don't... I don't think you know what Gamergate is if even the tiniest bit of you think that's even the tiniest bit true.

10+ Year Old Account
    The majority of Gamergaters are left leaning. I doubt anything but a small minority would have voted for Trump.
    Yeah, which is totally why Steve Bannon had the movement in the palm of his hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I don't... I don't think you know what Gamergate is if even the tiniest bit of you think that's even the tiniest bit true.
    You obviously do not know what gamergate is. It's one of the most diverse and effective movements the internet has ever seen. They already accomplished every one of their goals when it comes to ethics in gaming journalism despite bad press. Now its only brought up as some sort of boogyman because the movement is done, its won already.

10+ Year Old Account
    You obviously do not know what gamergate is. It's one of the most diverse and effective movements the internet has ever seen. They already accomplished every one of their goals when it comes to ethics in gaming journalism despite bad press. Now its only brought up as some sort of boogyman because the movement is done, its won already.
    Haha.

No. Video game journalism is still just as shitty as it's always been.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Yeah, which is totally why Steve Bannon had the movement in the palm of his hand.
    Except he didn't. Steve Bannon's only relation to Gamergate was through Milo who wrote gamergate articles for Breitbart.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha.

No. Video game journalism is still just as shitty as it's always been.
    Except now the majority of review sites are requiring their writers to disclose their relationships in the articles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe you're thinking of Milo. And I think the only reason he latched on to the movement was to troll Feminists.

OT: I can't wait for a summary of what went on in that meeting. Followed by Trump denying every stupid thing he said.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think at one point, it was true that it was a lot of both right and left wing people who got sick of shitty journalism. However, I absolutely think the left abandoned it as soon as it was turned into some culture war shenaniganz. Hell, its why I did. I wont defend that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except he didn't. Steve Bannon's only relation to Gamergate was through Milo who wrote gamergate articles for Breitbart.
    A relation that was exploited through hyping up Trump's "anti-PC" potential thus helping to stoke that sentiment amongst the gamergate neckbeards.

Except now the majority of review sites are requiring their writers to disclose their relationships in the articles.
    Which does fuck all to address the issue of gaming journalism being a vehicle for studios to hype up AAA games, which was the actual problem rather than who Zoe Quinn was shtupping.

But hey, at least you put women in their place right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I think at one point, it was true that it was a lot of both right and left wing people who got sick of shitty journalism. However, I absolutely think the left abandoned it as soon as it was turned into some culture war shenaniganz. Hell, its why I did. I wont defend that shit.
    Gamergate can be summed up in three words: gonads and strife.

I heard all the talking points will be randomly pulled from loot boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    ^^^^ I was all on board when it was actually about what the meme says, but once Milo and the like joined in, it quickly became a right wing echo chamber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I heard all the talking points will be randomly pulled from loot boxes.
    Don't forget the DLC unlock to get EA's official statement. It costs $20.

Only in america.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Orientation doesnt come into play, but there where a lot of subtext in Persona 4. Atleast from what I remember back in 2008(?). Might be I just remember the discussions around it afterwards.
    Kanji thought he liked a dude
    dude ends up being a chick who was hiding their gender because other detectives looked down on her already for being young

That's literally it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    dude ends up being a chick who was hiding their gender because other detectives looked down on her already for being young

That's literally it.
    Ah, so the "no homo" General Shang in Mulan treatment. Lol.

Being against diversity in media puts you in the right wing camp, sorry bud.
    Gamergate was a reaction against both the criticisms of "sexualized" female characters and against people like Anita Sarkeesian and her "Everything is sexist, everything is racist" attitude.

The Gamergate movement was literally a movement AGAINST censorship that was being called for by certain peoples, who are now usually refered to as Social Justice Warriors.

As for this meeting, I'm not very optimistic but we'll see what happens. Trump has been a very hit or miss President for me and I'm thinking this is going to be a big miss.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2018-03-08 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Only in america.

I hate watching George Carlin videos, fucking miss the guy.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Gamergate was a reaction against both the criticisms of "sexualized" female characters and against people like Anita Sarkeesian and her "Everything is sexist, everything is racist" attitude.

The Gamergate movement was literally a movement AGAINST censorship that was being called for by certain peoples, who are now usually refered to as Social Justice Warriors.
    Zzzzzz.

And as a result of Gamergate, journalism is still shitty and Anita Sarkeesian got more press coverage than she'd have received otherwise.

*slow clap*

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post

Oh no, every liberal knows it was the alt right white nationalist nazis supporters for trump group that it gets called today
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

That's literally it.
    Ah, thats true, that still some undertones for BI atleast. What about Yosuke I remember some friends of mine where really excited that he was also abit ambigious.