Poll: Broken the law?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    once, I stole a shirt in a clothing store, in Dublin, I was a stupid 15 years old italian boy in vacation with friends
    obviously I was caught, a big scare but they let me go after an hour
    two days later in Cork, I saw a shoplifter my age been beaten up by security guards, been handcuffed and got in a police car, and I got even more scared for what it could've been

I did learn my lesson

I would find it hard to believe that anyone could honestly say no. Most places riding a bike on the sidewalk is against the law, most people if they have driven a vehicle have exceed the speed limit before, jay-walked, played poker or other games of chance for money at home, used a cell phone while driving, drank alcohol under age, urinated in public,

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yes, i've been spotted drunk outside, which is apparently illegal
    ah PI, lol yeah, I didn't want to be drunk in public, they threw me out in public.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Nothing? Never sped? Swear in front of women/children? I have trouble believing that someone has never broke any law even unintentionally.
    Do you have trouble believing it because you need to feel better about the crimes you have committed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Can assure you, I am not. I bet the big majority of people living have broken the law one way or the other if they were to be honest. It can be something as simple as keeping your child at home because of early vacation and lying to the school that the child is sick. That's what my parents did a couple times.
    Yeah, that's not illegal. Everyone has broken a law, they might not know it but they have unless they live in a bubble and have never left it.

Sure, most of it many years ago when I was a teenager, but I have met far worse.

Drove 50 mph in excess of the speed limit.
    Ran a stop sign.
    Ran a red light.
    Shot fireworks off in the city limits.
    Petty theft.
    Pissed in public spaces.
    Underage consumption of alcoholic beverages.
    Public intoxication.
    Smoked weed. (Joints, bowls, hot knives, bong, gravity bong, etc.)
    Ate magic mushrooms.
    Tripped on LSD.
    Snorted meth.
    Snorted chiva. (Mexican heroin)

The only thing I have ever gotten in trouble with was running a stop sign. Thankfully all I had to do was pay a fee, instead of going before the judge.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Do you have trouble believing it because you need to feel better about the crimes you have committed?
    Yeah... you got me. Hardened criminal here seeking reassurance that I'm not a bad person.

Or maybe it's because it's almost impossible to not break a law or two in a lifetime

Yeah... you got me. Hardened criminal here seeking reassurance that I'm not a bad person.

Or maybe it's because it's almost impossible to not break a law or two in a lifetime
    We're all criminals, lock everyone up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    We're all criminals, lock everyone up.
    You don't find it hard to believe that someone never broke a law in their lifetime. Especially considering how easy it is to pirate digital media. (whether you agree with it or not it's still illegal in many places)

And that doesn't even get into silly laws that are still in the books but don't get enforced. like spitting on the sidewalk or swearing in front of women/children. Hell even oral sex is still illegal in many places.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reading what everyone else is writing here makes me feel like a hardened criminal
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Yeah, that's not illegal. Everyone has broken a law, they might not know it but they have unless they live in a bubble and have never left it.

Depending on the age of the child, it is child endangerment to leave them alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Depending on the age of the child, it is child endangerment to leave them alone.
    And that was mentioned no where. He said the parent lies to the school to get the kid out for vacation early.

Riding my bike during the night without any lights. Got caught a few times. Always managed to talk myself out of a ticket.
    So I guess you could say, I'm quite the badass.

Infractions?
    Yeah almost any time I drive,walk on a street etc.
    Misdemeanors?Nope
    Felony? Nope

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    And that was mentioned no where. He said the parent lies to the school to get the kid out for vacation early.
    I misread his post.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    i killed a puppy once...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure all of you have jaywalked or ran a stop sign at one point or another. All of you are dirty criminals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    bring it on. i am the toughest blood elf there is.

- - - Updated - - -

so you steal other peoples hard earned money? cause that's whats in banks fyi.
    You think the money in banks is owned by people? XD

I once shot a man in Reno , just to watch him die.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    I lived in Indiana as a young man. It is safe to say that at some time I had an erection while in a public place.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

When I was young, I once inadvertently stole a lipstick from the drugstore. I had placed it in my pocket while carrying a few other things in hand. Forgot, didn't pay for it.

For months I avoided going back because I thought I was going to go to jail.