Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy28 View Post
    Garrosh was awful and I'll never understand how anyone liked him. His mental instability wasn't at all sudden, it was telegraphed from the start. He spent most of his life in Nagrand crying about how pointless everything was, then suddenly in Wrath he is all "Me orc smash, me hate alliance even though I just heard about you five minutes ago" and it just goes down hill from there until he goes out crying about how it was everyone's fault but his. He should have never left Outland let alone be put in command of anything more important than Peons.

I like Sylvanas, hope she gets a huge redemption and leads the Horde into a brighter more prosperous future just to piss off her haters.
    Why does sylvanas in any way need a redemption arc?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    "You did Stonetalon?

I did Stonetalon.

I didn't stick to that path with Garrosh. I didn't -- not everyone was on board. Not everyone got the memo as it were, as we were designing -- and that was my fault. Because when you're doing, when you're trying -- because I was actually trying to bring Garrosh around, and Stonetalon was going to be the first of that. Cataclysm was pretty crazy time for us.

You had so much to do.

We did quite a lot of work. So I feel like there was a little bit of miscommunication on my part that kind of led to Garrosh going down another, darker path. So there's an interesting tidbit for you
    ."

https://www.engadget.com/2014/11/11/...rnate-azeroth/

Stonetalon was a mistake and Afrasiabi admitted it.
    I have no idea just what he's saying here. It sounds more like Stonetalon was the intended route for Garrosh and the "darker path" was the mistake.

"You did Stonetalon?

I did Stonetalon.

I didn't stick to that path with Garrosh. I didn't -- not everyone was on board. Not everyone got the memo as it were, as we were designing -- and that was my fault. Because when you're doing, when you're trying -- because I was actually trying to bring Garrosh around, and Stonetalon was going to be the first of that. Cataclysm was pretty crazy time for us.

You had so much to do.

We did quite a lot of work. So I feel like there was a little bit of miscommunication on my part that kind of led to Garrosh going down another, darker path. So there's an interesting tidbit for you
    ."

https://www.engadget.com/2014/11/11/...rnate-azeroth/

Stonetalon was a mistake and Afrasiabi admitted it.
    Judging garroshs character stonetalon could be him playing dumb to keep the tauren from going apeshit after kromgar fulfilled his orders.

Then again kromgar was dumbfounded and said its what garrosh wanted seconds before he was asked a rhetorical question and thrown to his death. No witnesses right?

Garrosh never had an ounce of good anyone who felt he did got manipulated which was the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    We have one, thanks. Sylvanas is overwhelmingly supported by the Horde playerbase. The fact that she makes the alliance moms froth at the mouth just makes her that much more appealing.
    IDk, it looks to be about 50/50 (funny enough around the same amount that Garrosh had). the other 50% seem to want someone who isn't questionably evil.

Honestly the only real warchief is an Orc warchief . Orcs are backbone and soul of Horde imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    If by edgelord you mean shrewd and tactical then yes.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean she didn't even want it tbh. In that excerpt from the novel coming out(at least I think it was from that) she pretty much said she detested all of the horde revelry. Undercity she could control and not have all the pomp and whatever which was fine and she was her own person. The horde was far more dependent on a leader in general which is something she feels she can be. Who knows, BFA could change that.

- - - Updated - - -

The more we can keep Metzen away from the franchise the better. He said he'd still voice Thrall. I mean Metzen is like the Donald Trump of game devs.

- - - Updated - - -

Thrall was pretty solid up til Cata.

- - - Updated - - -

Garrosh's interests were the horde, but his vision of the horde didn't line up with the current horde.
    Garroshs interests were in the OLD horde. Orcs only

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Why does sylvanas in any way need a redemption arc?
    Of course she does not need one. Not after what she's done. What she needs is a loot table.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    IDk, it looks to be about 50/50 (funny enough around the same amount that Garrosh had). the other 50% seem to want someone who isn't questionably evil.
    What makes her evil other than doing the exact same thing the alliance has been doing to the horde ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I have no idea just what he's saying here. It sounds more like Stonetalon was the intended route for Garrosh and the "darker path" was the mistake.
    No, because Stonetalon is the contradiction of the story development and Afrasiabi clearly says "I didn't stick to that path with Garrosh. I didn't -- not everyone was on board."

Kosak as the Lead Quest Designer during Cataclysm.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2018-03-08 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Of course she does not need one. Not after what she's done. What she needs is a loot table.
    What has she done thats worse than what the alliance has under its belt. I dont think you wanna drag out the "good guys" dirty laundry

Quote Originally Posted by ChowChillaCharlie View Post
    So just because I want more interactions and conflict between the factions like in the old days I'm an "edgelord"?
    You definitely advocated for conflict and bloodshed. Sane people do not do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    What has she done thats worse than what the alliance has under its belt. I dont think you wanna drag out the "good guys" dirty laundry
    I doubt you can find anything that compares to chemical warfare.

Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    Honestly the only real warchief is an Orc warchief . Orcs are backbone and soul of Horde imo.
    The horde has evolved beyond zugzug mud huts. Surumar and Silvermoon and winged maidens of death are now synonomous with the horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    because certain twits in the community can only imagine a leader as being overly aggressive to the other faction, because they somehow thinks that leader will 'win the day and beat the other faction', which will never actually happen.
    I miss your old Orc avatar Trassk.

No, because Stonetalon is the contradiction of the story development and Afrasiabi clearly says "I didn't stick to that path with Garrosh. I didn't -- not everyone was on board."

Kosak as the Lead Quest Designer during Cataclysm.
    But he also says a miscommunication led Garrosh down a darker path. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    You definitely advocated for conflict and bloodshed. Sane people do not do that.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt you can find anything that compares to chemical warfare.
    What about Alleria and her cult?

What about the alliances attempted genocide agaist the blood elves twice?

What about invading forsaken lands and playing the victim card when she steamrolled the alliance and collaborators in Cata?

The alliance has earned this war.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2018-03-08 at 10:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    When durak (thrall’s son) will come to age.
    I wouldn't hold my hopes high considering Thrall's son is dumbass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I wouldn't hold my hopes high considering Thrall's son is dumbass.
    In what manner? Durak is 2 years old - he's not done anything in terms of the story to be labeled an idiot outside of typical toddler behavior.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    In what manner? Durak is 2 years old - he's not done anything in terms of the story to be labeled an idiot outside of typical toddler behavior.
    Its translation joke. In russian WoW Durak named Duran. Because Durak in russian language means idiot/dumbass.

I'm curious if they made it on purpose - calling Thrall son Durak. They called Rexxar's bear Misha that means Bear in russian language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Its translation joke. In russian WoW Durak named Duran. Because Durak in russian language means idiot/dumbass.

I'm curious if they made it on purpose - calling Thrall son Durak. They called Rexxar's bear Misha that means Bear in russian language.
    The Russian translation is just a coincidence. "Durak" comes from a combination of Durotan and Draka - Durak's paternal grandfather and grandmother respectively.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    We still got Garona, tbh.