Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    For example, one farmer deliberately concentrated GMO traits by repeatedly planting seeds and spraying them with herbicide to kill off non-resistant varieties. The courts rightly said this was illegal.
    Repeatedly planinting, spraying with a product, planting seeds

You mean natural selection is outlawed?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post

He did that to filter Monsanto seeds that got naturally carried to his farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    There's basically no GMO in the food market in Sweden.
    So your carrots are purple in Sweden?

Deleted

No the issue was that it was a hybrid mix in his fields, which isn't protected in the same way. Now deliberately making so that only the GMO part of the mix survives and continue to use that without paying the premium that comes with it, is what was illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    So your carrots are purple in Sweden?
    Yet another anti-reality bullshitter who thinks selective breeding is GMO.

Yet another anti-reality bullshitter who thinks selective breeding is GMO.
    Nope, I am in reality, youre the fear mongerer that is playing to the scare tactics of anti science. There is nothing wrong with GMOs outside of the same idiots who peddle anti vaccine bullshit.

Selective breeding is modifying at a genetic level just over time. GMO isn't inject pesticide to control the masses and give them cancer that anti GMO idiots like to scream.

Nope, I am in reality
    Clearly you're not if you think GMO is the same as selective breeding.

Nope, I am in reality, youre the fear mongerer that is playing to the scare tactics of anti science. There is nothing wrong with GMOs outside of the same idiots who peddle anti vaccine bullshit.

Selective breeding is modifying at a genetic level just over time. GMO isn't inject pesticide to control the masses and give them cancer that anti GMO idiots like to scream.
    I find it so amusing that the US chose an acronym that is specially tailored to cause confusion and muddle discussion by being absolutely vague. It is like corporations are so entrenched in their daily life they don't even question why use Genetically Modified Organism to refer to a technique that goes so much farther than that. In other languages there is no question about it. It refers to mixing genes from different species. And the laws and labels act accordingly.

If I see a label that says "Non-GMO" then I will favor that item.

Selecting for the patented trait that he knew was in the seed is outlawed, yes. It was a deliberate attempt to manufacture a product protected by patent. The argument you are making there was attempted, and was rejected by the court.

- - - Updated - - -

It's more precise.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

You have zero understanding of the science behind this. You're ignorant. An ultracrepidarian if you will, best not to start threads when you don't even have the most basic understanding of the subject.

*shrugs*
    This thread isn't an example of a debate where opposing sides are trying to convince the other of their respective arguments.
    Most "modern" countries are adverse to GMOs with the big exception being the US. That alone should trouble the pro-gmo people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    You have zero understanding of the science behind this. You're ignorant. An ultracrepidarian if you will, best not to start threads when you don't even have the most basic understanding of the subject.
    You call me ignorant but then don't even notice that I didn't start the thread? How laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post
    No, they're not the only one qualified about it - - and i said out of this GMO case because i dont know either. But usually, they look like the only one qualified because they said they are the one and the others are scams, the same for all pharmacy groups or oil groups who are the only one right, they dont do any damage with this new drill in protected area or this new medicine work incredibly right, all the other things are wrong, move along, they're nothing else to see §
    Alright, who else is qualified, then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    This thread isn't an example of a debate where opposing sides are trying to convince the other of their respective arguments.
    Most "modern" countries are adverse to GMOs with the big exception being the US. That alone should trouble the pro-gmo people.
    There's nothing to debate when one side is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhdurr View Post
    There's nothing to debate when one side is just wrong.
    Me: "Label it as GMO instead of wanting to hide it"
    GMO people: "IT SHOULDN'T BE LABELED AS GMO FHSKHJGRKAEJGABEHRLÖTJEWJKAGAGJTYLKERYEHJLRYERELOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, FCKING FEARMONGER"

Quite hilarious how saying that it should be labeled as GMO elicits such a negative reaction.
    Last edited by Player Twelve; 2018-03-09 at 02:29 AM.

Me: "Label it as GMO instead of wanting to hide it"
    You people: "IT SHOULDN'T BE LABELED AS GMO FHSKHJGRKAEJGABEHRLÖTJEWJKAGAGJTYLKERYEHJLRYERELOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, FCKING FEARMONGER"
    The only reason you want it labeled is because you think GMOs are bad. I wouldn't care about labeling them if the idea wasn't born of ignorance to spread ignorance.

The only reason you want it labeled is because you think GMOs are bad. I wouldn't care about labeling them if the idea wasn't born of ignorance to spread ignorance.
    No, because I don't know nor do scientists.
    Last edited by Player Twelve; 2018-03-09 at 02:40 AM.

No, because I don't know nor do scientists.
    There's been thousands of studies showing that there is nothing wrong with GMOs. You're just willfully ignorant and wrong.

There's been thousands of studies showing that there is nothing wrong with GMOs. You're just willfully ignorant and wrong.
    https://www.loc.gov/law/help/restric...mos/sweden.php

Swedish scientists have not agreed on a firm conclusion concerning the effects GMOs have on health and the environment.[12]

The source links to a case where rats being fed GMO food suffer kidney and liver injuries. It also seems to have the same effect in cows.