Page 24 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's not happening. There's no way they're going to adapt their body to all of the old armor models and especially helmets.

That being said if, I'm wrong I'd gladly eat my own hat and roll a Sethrak shadow priest so fast my keyboard would be on fire.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethrak View Post
    I have infiltrated the Vulpera discord and they have made a Sethrak / Vol'dun generalized topic for us.
    Oh thats great more people talking is always better word of mouth is the best way.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumu View Post
    It's not happening. There's no way they're going to adapt their body to all of the old armor models and especially helmets.

That being said if, I'm wrong I'd gladly eat my own hat and roll a Sethrak shadow priest so fast my keyboard would be on fire.
    The body is the female worgen rigging. Which means it's already got all the attachment points and had them sized. What it would need is a modification of the helmet attachment point, resizing of helmet locations, and a skin capable of being swapped out for other skins.

Also the Facial Rigging needs to be done for the Worgen in general, so... that's a thing, too.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

I have infiltrated the Vulpera discord and they have made a Sethrak / Vol'dun generalized topic for us.
    Can you help me infiltrate-.. I MEAN, is there a way to gain access to the Discord server? ERHUM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    Can you help me infiltrate-.. I MEAN, is there a way to gain access to the Discord server? ERHUM.
    Well this isn't the vulperan discord but we do have a Sethrak discord now.
    Here are some links to their animations.

Well this isn't the vulperan discord but we do have a Sethrak discord now.
    I hope you all get us playable Sethrak but PLEASE find a way to ensure they can be both Warlocks and Mages.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    I hope you all get us playable Sethrak but PLEASE find a way to ensure they can be both Warlocks and Mages.
    Sadly that would be up to Blizz I can see them becoming mages tough.

Oh oh, I just thought of this, and it could be possible that one of the allied races for each faction could come from the other faction's continent. This would give reason for alliance to get sethrak. Question then would be what could horde get from Kul'Tiras? Have there been any other races shown for that continent that qualify so far?

Also, this would mean that Alliance would have a good reason to visit Zandalar at 120 to start building up their Voldunai (spelling?) reputation. It would also mean that once you have that rep at exalted with either faction, the vulpera (horde) and sethrak (alliance) become available to access for both.

It could be too early for the Kul'Tiras horde race to show up yet, since it seems fairly obvious Blizzard's finishing Zandalar first. Will have to check back in another couple months to see how the other side of the expansion's doing once they shift focus back to it.

5+ Year Old Account
    The focus is already shifting back, based on the new Dark Iron stuff as well as the more or less "Finished" Boralus set-dressing (Just needs NPCs)

That said... I think I can see another reason for the Alliance to get the Sethrak, thanks to @Edlarel!

To show the tide of the battle tilting.

We've seen that the Devs are trying to paint the East Blue and the West Red, right? What if the blue spreads onto Zandalar but there's no red spread onto Kul'tiras? Like I know the Horde are going to get a Fortress and questing stuff over on Kul'Tiras, but what if they -don't- get an Allied Race from that land? You'd have the Horde Allied races of Vulpera and Zandalari fighting against the Alliance Sethrak, while Kul'Tiras is allllllll blue for it's Kul'Tiran warriors!

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The focus is already shifting back, based on the new Dark Iron stuff as well as the more or less "Finished" Boralus set-dressing (Just needs NPCs)

That said... I think I can see another reason for the Alliance to get the Sethrak, thanks to @Edlarel!

To show the tide of the battle tilting.

We've seen that the Devs are trying to paint the East Blue and the West Red, right? What if the blue spreads onto Zandalar but there's no red spread onto Kul'tiras? Like I know the Horde are going to get a Fortress and questing stuff over on Kul'Tiras, but what if they -don't- get an Allied Race from that land? You'd have the Horde Allied races of Vulpera and Zandalari fighting against the Alliance Sethrak, while Kul'Tiras is allllllll blue for it's Kul'Tiran warriors!
    I guess my only concern with this is, who on either faction would be the one to put in the request for these allied races? I can't think of an alliance leader who would suddenly want us to ally ourselves with the sethrak, but neither can i think of somebody in horde, especially if the race is attacking the zandalari/helping the blood trolls. If they become playable, i'm confident they'll go to alliance, but will Genn claim them? Considering they use the worgen skeleton? I'll be very interested in seeing how that story plays out. Equally, would Gallywix then give us the vulpera? Weird.

Also, if we get vulpera or sethrak in alliance, that adds them to the LFD's, Void Elves, Kul'Tirans, and dark iron dwarves.
    Horde as we know get HMT's, nightborn, zandalari, and mag'har. That leaves 1 race slot that would likely go to the pandaren in each faction. Tortollans? Very possible as neutral, but we shall see.

I suppose the pandaren could bring the desert races into their factions, but their personalities would peg that as more sethrak for horde, which again makes little sense.

Sorry, that was all over the place. We shall see, I suppose.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    I guess my only concern with this is, who on either faction would be the one to put in the request for these allied races? I can't think of an alliance leader who would suddenly want us to ally ourselves with the sethrak, but neither can i think of somebody in horde, especially if the race is attacking the zandalari/helping the blood trolls. If they become playable, i'm confident they'll go to alliance, but will Genn claim them? Considering they use the worgen skeleton? I'll be very interested in seeing how that story plays out. Equally, would Gallywix then give us the vulpera? Weird.

Also, if we get vulpera or sethrak in alliance, that adds them to the LFD's, Void Elves, Kul'Tirans, and dark iron dwarves.
    Horde as we know get HMT's, nightborn, zandalari, and mag'har. That leaves 1 race slot that would likely go to the pandaren in each faction. Tortollans? Very possible as neutral, but we shall see.

I suppose the pandaren could bring the desert races into their factions, but their personalities would peg that as more sethrak for horde, which again makes little sense.

Sorry, that was all over the place. We shall see, I suppose.
    There are 6 races per side outside of Neutral Pandaren. We're already looking at 4 per side, with the possibility of Vulpera and Sethrak as fifths. Then we'd -still- need a 6th before we get back to Neutral Territory with Pandaren bringing in Tortollans or whoever.

As for who would bring them in: The race bringing in the newbs doesn't need to share races. A couple did, in that the Nightborne Joined the Horde through Belves and the Velves joined the Alliance through Helves, and sure we got the Highmountain brought in by ordinary Tauren, but it was a human that netted us the Lightforged Draenei rather than it being Velen or some other Draenei.

Worgen could bring them in. Or Greymane could bring the Kul'tirans if they hold some respect for Gilneas and Jaina remains cast out of the Proudmoore House. With Mathias Shaw grabbing up the Sethrak 'cause they're Sneaky Sneks and he's probably less scrupulous than most Alliance Leaders.

Hell, maybe Mekkatorque could bring in the Sethrak after getting saved by the Sethrak when his super power-armor gets destroyed in an Azerite Explosion during a Zandalar Expedition?

My big thing at this point is this: The Sethrak might not have enough "Face" to allow them to be used as the Worgen Racial Rigging stand-in in the same way the Vulpera can for Goblins. Which makes me sincerely worry that all our hopes have been for naught.

... but I still hold hope!

All this how would they do the helmet? Simple, don't show a helmet ever and it becomes stat slot. Their heads look fucking cool enough as is.

Quote Originally Posted by PomPup View Post
    Cool picture. Hopefully we'll see it happen for real come this time next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made a Unofficial Sethrak Discussion thread on the US servers just now. If anyone posts on there would love some support, hopefully Blizzard will see the snek love.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761967723
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

Something I've noticed between this thread and that official one that's ongoing, these discussions tend to be a lot more civil than the Kul'tiran human/Vulpera ones, I'm not sure if it's because there's just more mature posters drawn to Sethrak, or if it's the perfect storm of things people wary about the allied races don't worry about (More interesting thematically than Kul'Tirans, not as "cutesy" as Vulpera)

Either way, hopefully it remains this way, civility is another step towards hopefully getting our point across and noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vail View Post
    I made a Unofficial Sethrak Discussion thread on the US servers just now. If anyone posts on there would love some support, hopefully Blizzard will see the snek love.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761967723
    Unfortunately, owners of RU-accounts can not write to the US. But I want to say - you are did a good job!

7+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, owners of RU-accounts can not write to the US. But I want to say - you are did a good job!
    Yea its because RU is located in EU part.

Если я не ошибаюсь РУ и ЕУ сервера находятся в одном здании. ROFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Something I've noticed between this thread and that official one that's ongoing, these discussions tend to be a lot more civil than the Kul'tiran human/Vulpera ones, I'm not sure if it's because there's just more mature posters drawn to Sethrak, or if it's the perfect storm of things people wary about the allied races don't worry about (More interesting thematically than Kul'Tirans, not as "cutesy" as Vulpera)

Either way, hopefully it remains this way, civility is another step towards hopefully getting our point across and noticed.
    Well Vulpera immediately make people think of furries which triggers a lot of people. Sethrak do count as 'furries' too but.. They just don't bother people as much because they aren't cute I guess? I dunno. Only complaints I see about them is that they are ugly or 'dumb' looking but that's purely their opinion.

And Kul Tirans seem to ignite rage because they're just such a boring choice for allied race in a lot of peoples opinions.

Thank you!
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Yea its because RU is located in EU part.

Если я не ошибаюсь РУ и ЕУ сервера находятся в одном здании. ROFL.
    Да я знаю, что мы "европа" но поддержка темы должна быть в Американских источниках т.к. близзард не смотрят на Европу и тем более на Россию. Я сообщила, что не могу поддержать - потому что не все в Америке знают о том, что мы находимся в "резервации"