Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    #MeToo normalized sexual assault imo.

It got people thinking:
    If all powerful people are serial harassers, then what am I doing wrong?
    Am I not successful because I'm not harassing women?
    Will my life get better, will I get a better job, house, money if I start harassing women from today?

Before #MeToo I thought Weinstein was just some ugly, old big-nosed fatso. But now I have respect for him. He lived the dream, and got to ogle and bang A-list celebrities. At the end of the day, he had sex with Uma Thurman, Kate Beckinsale, Gwyneth Paltrow, etc. He can die a very happy man.

Don't listen to the media. There's no moral outrage against the harassers. Go to your local pub or gym, hang out with some lads and you'll find that people are jealous of Weinstein. #MeToo created millions of new sexual harassers from its hashtag. Millions of people want to be a Weinstein now.
    Last edited by ramjb; 2018-03-09 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    In a civilized nation with a court system, actually yes it is.
    If I murder someone but they can't prove it in court, did I not murder someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    You people are fucking retarded.

Just because you can't prove something happened doesn't mean it didn't happen. Or are unsolved murders not actually murders at all?

I know someone who was raped at knifepoint by a random guy but there's not much else to go on other than physical description, I guess because she doesn't know who it was and they never found him, no rape occurred.
    You want guilt before innocence proven? Let's start up the bloody guillotine so someone can accuse you of something—then you'll reap the fucking whirlwind as it comes down on your neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    If I murder someone but they can't prove it in court, did I not murder someone?
    According to the men in this thread, who come off like they are afraid of being accused, you murdered no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    You want guilt before innocence proven? Let's start up the bloody guillotine so someone can accuse you of something—then you'll reap the fucking whirlwind as it comes down on your neck.
    Proven innocence or guilt in the eyes of the law is just that, the law, it isn't infallible. The truth of events is what it is even if the law makes a mistake and you are jumping to conclusions, I didn't say they should incarcerate or execute anyone for an accusation.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2018-03-09 at 08:50 AM.

According to the men in this thread, who come off like they are afraid of being accused, you murdered no one.

Proven innocence or guilt in the eyes of the law is just that, the law, it isn't infallible. The truth of events is what it is even if the law makes a mistake and you are jumping to conclusions, I didn't say they should incarcerate or execute anyone for an accusation.
    Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat.

You're bullshitting by implying that through presuming innocence the existence of the crime itself is (presumed) denied. Might as well be honest about what you want.

You're bullshitting by implying that through presuming innocence the existence of the crime itself is (presumed) denied. Might as well be honest about what you want.
    People are saying because someone was acquitted due to lack of evidence it means they committed no crime.

People are saying because someone was acquitted due to lack of evidence it means they committed no crime.
    It comes down to whether you want some guilty to be acquitted or many more innocent to be convicted.

Unfortunately we don't (currently) have a perfect means to ensure all innocent are acquitted and all guilty are convicted, but that's something called reality.

And such a unicorn solution won't be found in a dumb forum thread, sorry.

It comes down to whether you want some guilty to be acquitted or many more innocent to be convicted.

Unfortunately we don't (currently) have a perfect means to ensure all innocent are acquitted and all guilty are convicted, but that's something called reality.

And such a unicorn solution won't be found in a dumb forum thread, sorry.
    You don't see the problem.

Rape is very hard to prove, coercion and blackmail type rape even more so, words said, groping virtually impossible without a bodycam.

#metoo lets people who were raped, assaulted or coerced raise a red flag in these situations, it is just a red flag, it isn't a conviction.

If you aren't a sexual predator you have nothing to worry about.

You don't see the problem.

Rape is very hard to prove, coercion and blackmail type rape even more so, words said, groping virtually impossible without a bodycam.

#metoo lets people who were raped, assaulted or coerced raise a red flag in these situations, it is just a red flag, it isn't a conviction.

If you aren't a sexual predator you have nothing to worry about.
    For fuck's sake, you try to twist the perception of my motive with the implication of mere self-preservation on my part. Is it so difficult for you to imagine that I'm concerned for other people who lose so much due to the inevitability of false accusations? Even if they are legally absolved the stigma is virtually impossible to erase.

For fuck's sake, you try to twist the perception of my motive with the implication of mere self-preservation on my part. Is it so difficult for you to imagine that I'm concerned for other people who lose so much due to the inevitability of false accusations? Even if they are legally absolved the stigma is virtually impossible to erase.
    What stigma lol? Even people who are convicted for rape don't have much of a stigma surrounding them, people support them and claim the lying whore got them falsely convicted.

What stigma lol? Even people who are convicted for rape don't have much of a stigma surrounding them, people support them and claim the lying whore got them falsely convicted.
    What the fuck is this even? Delusion at its finest. That's it, I spit out some of my cereal from laughing. Thanks.

What the fuck is this even? Delusion at its finest. That's it, I spit out some of my cereal from laughing. Thanks.
    Reality, not delusion. Delusional is to think there's some kind of massive stigma with rapists when people are so willing to excuse it.

That the masses become stupid in a mob is nothing new.
    That companys actually care about the opinions of a stupid mob however is very worrying.

It is very elucidating that so many of you are farrrrrrr more concerned with the exceptionally rare, standalone false accusation than the fact that a huge percentage of women are sexually assaulted in their lives and harassed through most of it.

You think you don't show the shade of your soul with your protestations but you do.

Deleted
    It is very elucidating that so many of you are farrrrrrr more concerned with the exceptionally rare, standalone false accusation than the fact that a huge percentage of women are sexually assaulted in their lives and harassed through most of it.

You think you don't show the shade of your soul with your protestations but you do.
    Very weak argument, is it wrong to have people more concerned about the very rare (~4%) mistakenly convicted victims of capital punishment as opposed to the vast rampant problem of the death penalty ?

You can see both as a problem and sympathize with both victims. The whole situation is getting out of control because the only and ever solution proposed to fix the death penalty problem is to remove the reliance on the justice system and propose a "listen and believe" attitude to engage the death penalty sentence whenever anyone claims to be victimized without trial or investigation.

The analogy of the death penalty analogy is quite appropriate as the argument most advocated for on the metoo side about this issue is "But false accusations are so rare", which would not be received well for death penalty mistake problem. Considering that false accusations of rapes are about 3 to 4 times more common than death penalty mistakes, how is it not a legitimate worry ?

What you are arguing is that death penalty mistakes is so rare that having sympathy or awareness toward them is a moral failure or "a shade on your soul".

In a nutshell, you are arguing that having ethical worries with regard to the removal of the constitutionnal right to a fair trial is a character flaw. I, and visibly the people you criticize, have a hard time grasping how you could get any more immoral.

I will let you reflect on your very pathological way of looking at the problem.
    Last edited by mmoc3d4a9cac6a; 2018-03-09 at 11:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post
    Very weak argument, is it wrong to have people more concerned about the very rare (~4%) mistakenly convicted victims of capital punishment as opposed to the vast rampant problem of the death penalty ?
    Curious where the 4% comes from since most people convicted of rape are not going to be in a position to have a lawyer do the legwork to show they actually are innocent after a verdict is passed --- and thus are stuck in jail and then have their lives ruined because they didn't decide to stick with some crazy girl?
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Curious where the 4% comes from since most people convicted of rape are not going to be in a position to have a lawyer do the legwork to show they actually are innocent after a verdict is passed --- and thus are stuck in jail and then have their lives ruined because they didn't decide to stick with some crazy girl?
    http://www.newsweek.com/one-25-execu...-claims-248889

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post
    I will let you reflect on your very pathological way of looking at the problem.
    Nice job completely ignoring the point that an accusation is not a conviction. Having fun whacking that strawman with a stick?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

I love how you think men can't be victims of harassment or assault. Clearly you were never bullied and physically assaulted as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I love how you think men can't be victims of harassment or assault. Clearly you were never bullied and physically assaulted as a kid.
    I don't think they can't be, it was merely word choice because of what I was responding to, be more aware of context next time.