Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ok, i want you to try and pass that off the community, that old content should stay just as hard, tell that to the mog hunters, gold farmers, mount and pet collectors, try to pass off to them that idea "Old content should not be easy"
    I am not suggesting that they should make any such changes, I simply said that I would not care.
    I have also never seen anyone whine about this Tol Barad grind being something impossible to do either though so I am fairly sure that the problem is you, not the content.

Maybe you should focus on some other mount? Maybe a store mount would be more up your alley?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Again, you're crying over the fact that someone plays the OBJECTIVE in an OBJECTIVE based map.

I am done.. the level difference is completely irrelevant, it's not 1 v 1, you're just deluded into thinking the world hates you.
    so how is it fair that the level 86 is able to solo the BG well i a 110 cannot?
    ok i wil agree with you "no one should be able to solo the bg" if you will tell me why it is fair that I, THE 110 CANNOT BUT THE 86 MAGE CAN

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I am not suggesting that they should make any such changes, I simply said that I would not care.
    I have also never seen anyone whine about this Tol Barad grind being something impossible to do either though so I am fairly sure that the problem is you, not the content.

Maybe you should focus on some other mount? Maybe a store mount would be more up your alley?
    ok so aggro.
    as i said above.
    why is is fair that i cannot solo the bg a level 110
    but the level 86 mage CAN solo it?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ture_in_a_1v1/
    also aparently not
    also among MANY, MANY MANY threads made back in cata how even when it was current, that defending was way too easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

except it has PVE content LOCKED BEHIND IT.
    if it was just "i want to win this because i can!" whatever
    but there is mounts, pets, acheivments, toys, and transmogs all locked behind this that is literally impossible in a level 110 versus even a level 1.
    Nah, Tol Barad was always the PvP part of its expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah, Tol Barad was always the PvP part of its expansion.
    again, it has PVE content locked behind it including a raid, mogs, mounts, pets, toys, and acheives.

except it has PVE content LOCKED BEHIND IT.
    if it was just "i want to win this because i can!" whatever
    but there is mounts, pets, acheivments, toys, and transmogs all locked behind this that is literally impossible in a level 110 versus even a level 1.
    IRRELEVANT! It's an objective based PVP scenario that was designed for group tactics. Even back when it was relevant, better geared groups could lose to lesser geared ones if they failed at the objectives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tol'Barad always favored the Defending side over the attacking side. The Defending side only has to keep 1 tower, whereas attackers need to keep all 3. Not like Wintergrasp, where the attackers were more in favor due to starting +15% damage, ability to instant-siege after just 1 kill after several losses, and the fact that you only need to get a front wall down to attack the inner gate with demolishers and siege engines.

There is the benefit in which you can extend the amount of time per fight by downing the towers, unless they removed that? Last time I did Tol'Barad, I was the sole defender, and eventually lost because there were 5 attackers (Very poorly geared and very poorly skilled, and they kept trickling in 1 at a time at the start, so I was able to hold 1 point for a good 9 minutes 1v1ing a number of times, but eventually they grouped up and slowly pushed the progress bar on down. The glory of being an unkillable tank!), but yea, you can set up siege engines and down the towers to give yourself an extra 15 or so minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

so a level 110 getting beat in pvp by a single level 86 is good gameplay by your logic?
    He isn't beating you, the battleground is. Get some friends to help you.

Deleted
    ok, clearcut, tell me how i could beat him. please tell me all glorius how i can improve myself, to become a better player, and beat the mage!
    please, you seem to be so wise, teach me what i could have done.
    First of all i never said i had a solution, i simply said i would not be making a forum posting advertising that a level 86 mage was absolutely wrecking me to the point i am in tears.
    Second,

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Tol'Barad always favored the Defending side over the attacking side. The Defending side only has to keep 1 tower, whereas attackers need to keep all 3. Not like Wintergrasp, where the attackers were more in favor due to starting +15% damage, ability to instant-siege after just 1 kill after several losses, and the fact that you only need to get a front wall down to attack the inner gate with demolishers and siege engines.

There is the benefit in which you can extend the amount of time per fight by downing the towers, unless they removed that? Last time I did Tol'Barad, I was the sole defender, and eventually lost because there were 5 attackers (Very poorly geared and very poorly skilled, and they kept trickling in 1 at a time at the start, so I was able to hold 1 point for a good 9 minutes 1v1ing a number of times, but eventually they grouped up and slowly pushed the progress bar on down. The glory of being an unkillable tank!), but yea, you can set up siege engines and down the towers to give yourself an extra 15 or so minutes.
    you need to get multiple amounts of kills before you can get into the seige tanks (and as a level 86 he would not count as an "honorable target" so i couldent ever get in the seige...)
    I killed him 6 times, still could not get i nthe seige tanks, and yeah even if i gained 15 minutes he would have just kept zerging whatever base i was not at.

but i find it funny people are "defeating" my argument because "you're a special snowflake because you want to be able to solo a BG"
    but then how is it fair that i cannot solo the BG but a level 86 mage IS ABLE TO SOLO IT?

so how is it fair that the level 86 is able to solo the BG well i a 110 cannot?
    ok i wil agree with you "no one should be able to solo the bg" if you will tell me why it is fair that I, THE 110 CANNOT BUT THE 86 MAGE CAN

- - - Updated - - -

ok so aggro.
    as i said above.
    why is is fair that i cannot solo the bg a level 110
    but the level 86 mage CAN solo it?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ture_in_a_1v1/
    also aparently not
    also among MANY, MANY MANY threads made back in cata how even when it was current, that defending was way too easy.
    But it's group content. What about that is hard for you to understand?
    Also, if the roles were reversed then that lvl 86 would not stand a chance either.
    It is not meant to be balanced around 1vs1, as you have been told a few times already.

Go do something else. This content is clearly not for you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    First of all i never said i had a solution, i simply said i would not be making a forum posting advertising that a level 86 mage was absolutely wrecking me to the point i am in tears.
    Second,
    Ok again how do i "Git Gud" ?
    Please, you seem to be all about "You are bad, get good, beat the mage" tell me how i can beat him.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are salty now, just wait till next expansion, when a well-geared lvl 90 will be able to take on 110s due to the item lvl squish!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

7+ Year Old Account
    But it's group content. What about that is hard for you to understand?
    Also, if the roles were reversed then that lvl 86 would not stand a chance either.
    It is not meant to be balanced around 1vs1, as you have been told a few times already.

Go do something else. This content is clearly not for you.
    That level 86 would not stand a chance correct, but that is what i would want changed, i am for making it soloable by anyone, NOT JUST THE DEFENDERS

i find it funny as long as its the attacks trying to solo it that is "bad game balance" but that the defender can solo it is "good game balance"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    If you are salty now, just wait till next expansion, when a well-geared lvl 90 will be able to take on 110s due to the item lvl squish!
    lololol i hope not..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    He isn't beating you, the battleground is. Get some friends to help you.
    again, its 3:20 am (now 4 am) so none of my friends are on... the 3 that were, were too busy to.

I have an LFG group up, but no one is joining.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    IRRELEVANT! It's an objective based PVP scenario that was designed for group tactics. Even back when it was relevant, better geared groups could lose to lesser geared ones if they failed at the objectives.
    So why is it fair the level 110 attacker cannot solo the place.
    but it also fair that a level 86 can solo defend the place?

It is horrid game design to make it so in a 1v1, one of the sides literally has NO CHANCE to win, well the other is GUARANTEED to win.
    in 1v1 Attacker ALLWAYS loses, and defender ALLWAYS wins, that is pathetic.
    level 1 defender, level 10000000000000 attacker, defender still wins.
    and NO MATTER HOW HARD the attacker tries, they cannot win.

Uhh no he is doubling my time.
    i get 7 tokens a day, i need 200 for the mount
    now if you control tol barad you get another 7, meaning if i can get tol barad i can half the days i need to reach the mount.
    however because a level 86 mage is able to stop a level 110, i can only get 7.
    You didn't even understand what he said. What he said just means that the world(WoW) doesn't only revolve around you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    You didn't even understand what he said. What he said just means that the world(WoW) doesn't only revolve around you.
    ok so why does the world resolve around the mage?
    that i am unable to solo the area
    but the mage is?

also seriously? someone wanting old, bad game design to be changed is shot down as "they think the world resolves around them"
    That is just bad, people call me a blzzard fanboi quite abit, but i would really say anyone who thinks that critizism of the game and shitty systems should NOT be allowed because it is simply complaining.

again, it has PVE content locked behind it including a raid, mogs, mounts, pets, toys, and acheives.
    No, the raid is a reward for doing well in PvP, just as the transmogs, pets toys and mounts are.
    It is there for PvPers. Nothing is hidden from you and it is very doable.

Do you not see that you are 4 pages in and not a single person agrees with you. Does that not give you even the slightest indication that you might, just might be completely wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    Second,
    To be fair its not like the mage is killing him, rather that he can’t win since victory requires all capture points so all the mage needs to do is to recap a newly capped point whilst the OP is on the way to the next point. Its clearly not designed to be done at such small scale.

ok so why does the world resolve around the mage?
    that i am unable to solo the area
    but the mage is?
    He is able to solo the area because there is a difference between attacking and defending.

Leave it be, do it some other day and at a time that isn't in the middle of the night on a weekday.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, the raid is a reward for doing well in PvP, just as the transmogs, pets toys and mounts are.
    It is there for PvPers. Nothing is hidden from you and it is very doable.

Do you not see that you are 4 pages in and not a single person agrees with you. Does that not give you even the slightest indication that you might, just might be completely wrong?
    so aggain
    aggro
    explain to me
    how it is fair that the mage gets to solo the battleground
    that THEY get the reward for "doing well in pvp" (when they did not)
    but when i want to solo the battleground but cant that is fair?

how is it fair that the defenders get rewarded for nothing, well the attackers CANNOT get a reward?

Uhh no he is halving his time.
    He gets 7 tokens a day, he needs 200 for the mount
    now if you control tol barad you get another 7, meaning if he can get tol barad he can half the days he needs to...
    Fixed that for you.
    Also what you need to think about: You want to do a group based activity that is set in a groul based game. His level does not matter if the mechanics are meant to be done by a group.