Thinking About Publishing my WA Setup

I’ve always like developing UIs. Keeping important information at a glance while keeping things minimal so you can watch what’s going on around you.

I’ve been through a few designs and I got a lot of inspiration from “Wordup” DH setup and developed it for Assassination and Sub.

Before I do the extra work to bundle it ready for others to use — would like to see if people would be actually interested in me doing so and/or would love some feedback.

Here is a basic shot: https://i.imgur.com/Hf5AGHJ.jpg

I’ll post more tomorrow of it in action. It has procs, text special functions and other useful tools.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hey Crookids

I for one can't see anything which can't be created with 30 minutes in ElvUI. There’s a ton of similar ElvUI’s out there which do look more or less the same. Maybe your raid UI has more to offer? Personally I like the widescreen (?) feature since I’m a 34” widescreen-guy myself. But is the UI also applicable for someone with a regular screen?

Deleted
    Doesnt look like something special to me (personally). But publish it if you wish - no one is gonna hold you back

I would never use something like this.
    I use the default UI with MoveAnything. I used WA only once, for Mistress Sassz Mythic (everyone needed this in the raid).

I have killed KJ Mythic without WA and I am currently in Argus Mythic progress without WA. I cant understand the WA hype But maybe I am too old. I am playing since 12y WoW without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    I’ve always like developing UIs. Keeping important information at a glance while keeping things minimal so you can watch what’s going on around you.

I’ve been through a few designs and I got a lot of inspiration from “Wordup” DH setup and developed it for Assassination and Sub.

Before I do the extra work to bundle it ready for others to use — would like to see if people would be actually interested in me doing so and/or would love some feedback.

Here is a basic shot: https://i.imgur.com/Hf5AGHJ.jpg

I’ll post more tomorrow of it in action. It has procs, text special functions and other useful tools.
    I'm sure with sub there is more, but come on man why even post assassination images? There is nothing to watch but your energy and combo points. The rotation is severely rigid and slow there is literally nothing dynamic happening playing sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikay View Post
    Hey Crookids

I for one can't see anything which can't be created with 30 minutes in ElvUI. There’s a ton of similar ElvUI’s out there which do look more or less the same. Maybe your raid UI has more to offer? Personally I like the widescreen (?) feature since I’m a 34” widescreen-guy myself. But is the UI also applicable for someone with a regular screen?
    Hmm? I am not talking about my ElvUI setup. I am talking about the Weak Auras setup. My ElvUI setup was actually the most downloaded kit for a while on WoWInterface before I stopped supporting it due to it being too much work to edit for everyone's screen sizes. Nevertheless, I agree, I never thought it was anything special.

As for the Weak Auras, that is really just a basic shot and there are a lot of procs and custom functions in place for debuffs and the like. Perhaps a short video or some other screen shots might put it into perspective. However, since most don't seem to attached to the way it looks, I'll just keep it private. I just thought I would share considering it was a pain in the ass to get it to look right due to the way borders function and the limitations of text placements in WA without custom functions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    I'm sure with sub there is more, but come on man why even post assassination images? There is nothing to watch but your energy and combo points. The rotation is severely rigid and slow there is literally nothing dynamic happening playing sin.
    Umm, I agree the Sub setup is a bit more dynamic but that isn't true about Sin. SOT up-time, envenom up-time, finishing when Kingsbane is sub 4.7, multi-target rupture tracking, toxic blade optimization... Are all a part of min/maxing. Assassination is a little more than just energy and combo points.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oxigan View Post
    Doesnt look like something special to me (personally). But publish it if you wish - no one is gonna hold you back

I would never use something like this.
    I use the default UI with MoveAnything. I used WA only once, for Mistress Sassz Mythic (everyone needed this in the raid).

I have killed KJ Mythic without WA and I am currently in Argus Mythic progress without WA. I cant understand the WA hype But maybe I am too old. I am playing since 12y WoW without it.
    Haha, our main tank is like that and we finished Antorus 57th US (10 hour/week). More power to you if it works for you!
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    Hmm? I am not talking about my ElvUI setup. I am talking about the Weak Auras setup. My ElvUI setup was actually the most downloaded kit for a while on WoWInterface before I stopped supporting it due to it being too much work to edit for everyone's screen sizes. Nevertheless, I agree, I never thought it was anything special.

As for the Weak Auras, that is really just a basic shot and there are a lot of procs and custom functions in place for debuffs and the like. Perhaps a short video or some other screen shots might put it into perspective. However, since most don't seem to attached to the way it looks, I'll just keep it private. I just thought I would share considering it was a pain in the ass to get it to look right due to the way borders function and the limitations of text placements in WA without custom functions.
    Damn, my bad! Sorry bro!

Thought that, since you're developing UIs, it's about your UI^^ Please yes, show us WA working and copy a paste bin. I'm always interested in new WAs

https://wago.io/weakauras/classes/rogue just leaving this here. There are already hundreds.