Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I even edited my post where I said that "mage was more willing". Nowhere I said its fine for mage to solo it.

I think battleground, Tol'barad and Wintergrasp specifically, were design to favor defense a bit more. But they were also designed for more players and not just 1 on each side. So, if BG gets shrinked down to 1v1, no wonder it's so imbalanced. 1v1 without battlegrounds is not balanced. That's how Blizzard makes their game.

Get friends which are not with you just because of their own interests and you can do this.
    Actuallty wintergraps very much favoured attack then defence, as right now it is much easier to in a 1v1 scenario attack the base then to defend it.

Also it was 3:20 in the morning only a few friends were on, and those were busy in Rp so well they cant come help, but if it was the middle of the day i prob would have had help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    I've been on both sides of the 1v1 myself, and it's just how it is.
    There's plenty other things to spend time with in WoW
    so stop saying there was a way i could have won then, if you are going to refuse to tell me what those ways were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and that difference is stupid, and should be fixed.
    How is the difference between attacking and defending stupid?

When you are defending from a siege or protecting some kind of structure you SHOULD be having an advantage against any outside force. That is the ENTIRE point of holding said structure, to make it MORE difficult for people to attack you.

You have been complaining about a PvP map that is OBJECTIVE based for multiple pages now. If you don't get it at this point then I feel you are being willfully obtuse or are trying to troll people.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    It's not stupid. You simply landed up on the receiving end. If you were defending you'd also have won.

No offence, but it seems to me that you feel you should have been entitled to the win based on your superior level. You're not. The rules of Tol Barad are such that it can be a contest of wits. Your opponent managed to overcome his level disadvantage and managed to do enough to earn his victory.

He is a level 86 in a level 85 zone. The fact that he is able to achieve his objective in spite of your significant level advantage isn't evidence of the game being broken, it's the opposite.
    And? if i won i prob would not have made the thread becuase i would not have noticed exactly what was going on.
    but if the mage then made this thread i would have agreed with him.

Also it is not the opposite, if a 86 can do 85 content great.
    but if an 86 can do better then a 110 in content simply because of their faction...

also how is it a contest of wits if it is literally impossible, he did literally nothing but just capture points... how is that "him outwitting me" when there is literally nothing i could have done to outwitt him?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    How is the difference between attacking and defending stupid?

When you are defending from a siege or protecting some kind of structure you SHOULD be having an advantage against any outside force. That is the ENTIRE point of holding said structure, to make it MORE difficult for people to attack you.

You have been complaining about a PvP map that is OBJECTIVE based for multiple pages now. If you don't get it at this point then I feel you are being willfully obtuse or are trying to troll people.
    Ok so again.
    you would be fine with if in warsong gulch if no one got a flag capture, the horde won by default? you would be fine with thaty right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    can't you just kill him?
    Yes, i killed him a few times. but then if i sit at one point and kill him, the other two go uncaptured and i lose (as you need to capture all three to win)
    if i go and capture them he just captures the others and i lose.
    you only have 15 minutes to capture all three, if i defend north and keep killing him i own north and lose
    if i capture north, then south east, then south west... well he has recaptured north, and south east, then we just go in a loop.

And i dont think a level 86 being able to beat a level 110 at anything is something that should be intended.
    It means you are total crap at pvp if a level 86 is beating you.

so stop saying there was a way i could have won then, if you are going to refuse to tell me what those ways were.
    People have been telling you for 10 pages.
    In this specific example; bring more people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    People have been telling you for 10 pages.
    In this specific example; bring more people.
    ok and i told you and them many times
    i tried
    and agian you lot keep acting as if it was a button i could just press and have it happen, that is was MY FAULT that no one else was joining, again tell me what I MYSELF could have done differently?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    SO gorg what could i have done differently? or do you not know how tol barad works?

10+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Ok so again.
    you would be fine with if in warsong gulch if no one got a flag capture, the horde won by default? you would be fine with thaty right?

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, we are talking about an OBJECTIVE based battle. NOT a CTF, NOT resources, NOT last man standing etc. O-B-J-E-C-T-I-V-E.

The battle is working as intended.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    No, my lvl 1 can beat you when i am defending against you 1vs1. Therefore you are even more bad than i am. I don' t even have 1500 rating.
    Pvp skill in tol barad is worth nothing.
    Dying could endanger your health!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so again.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, we are talking about an OBJECTIVE based battle. NOT a CTF, NOT resources, NOT last man standing etc. O-B-J-E-C-T-I-V-E.

The battle is working as intended.
    And capturing a flag is not an objective? ok then.

Deleted
    So why is it a MULTI player game only for the attacker, but a SINGLE player game for the defenders?
    Bring friends and force the single player to get friends to or give up. It's how MULTI-player games work.

because it is a battleground that is 1v1.
    it is legit NOT FAIR AT ALL that a 86 can beat a level 110, and the level 110 can do NOTHING to stop the 86 from winning.
    Ok look, to win you have to be in three places at once. For him to win it only requires that he be out of your DPS range.

It's not about level or power, it's about mechanics. Learn to play Tol Barad.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Bring friends and force the single player to get friends to or give up. It's how MULTI-player games work.
    Except i love how you compeltly ignore the fact that even if i am higher level, better geared, and more skilled, to beat this SOLO PLAYER i am REQUIRED to bring A GROUP

Literally wanna hear the most stupid sentance in the world that very well could happen?
    "It required not one, but two max level charecters to beat a nude level 1 nood"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Ok look, to win you have to be in three places at once. For him to win it only requires that he be out of your DPS range.

It's not about level or power, it's about mechanics. Learn to play Tol Barad.
    uhh... what?
    Ok im sorry i guess i dont know how to play tol barad i guess, can you tell me how i was playing it wrong, and how i could have won?

10+ Year Old Account
    And capturing a flag is not an objective? ok then.
    /facepalm

1. RTFM on Tol Barad
    2. Stop alienating yourself from other playing by complaining about how unfair a battle is. (We are at 12 pages here, hate to see your in game chat logs).
    3. Form group.
    4. ....
    5. PROFIT!

/facepalm

1. RTFM on Tol Barad
    2. Stop alienating yourself from other playing by complaining about how unfair a battle is. (We are at 12 pages here, hate to see your in game chat logs).
    3. Form group.
    4. ....
    5. PROFIT!
    1. rftm?
    2. what?
    3. i tried, i had an lfg for 2 and a half hours, asked in guild. friends and trade chat.
    5. nice meme m8

10+ Year Old Account
    Except i love how you compeltly ignore the fact that even if i am higher level, better geared, and more skilled, to beat this SOLO PLAYER i am REQUIRED to bring A GROUP

- - - Updated - - -

uhh... what?
    Ok im sorry i guess i dont know how to play tol barad i guess, can you tell me how i was playing it wrong, and how i could have won?
    You just answered your own question

You just answered your own question
    i dont even know what you are talking about, maybe you should take a break, or actuallty point out what you are talking about instead of responding with a half sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. rftm?
    2. what?
    3. i tried, i had an lfg for 2 and a half hours, asked in guild. friends and trade chat.
    5. nice meme m8
    I'll break it down for you.

1. Read the f^&king manual.
    2. Nobody wants to group with someone who complains this much about game mechanics.
    3. Step 3 happens when you stop complaining and approach people in a positive way.
    4. (Obviously the fight)
    5. Cash in after your win.

- - - Updated - - -

i dont even know what you are talking about, maybe you should take a break, or actuallty point out what you are talking about instead of responding with a half sentence.
    As you stated: "Except i love how you compeltly ignore the fact that even if i am higher level, better geared, and more skilled, to beat this SOLO PLAYER i am REQUIRED to bring A GROUP"

So yeah, get in a group.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And? if i won i prob would not have made the thread becuase i would not have noticed exactly what was going on.
    but if the mage then made this thread i would have agreed with him.
    If you were a level 86 who was able, 1v1 to defend against a level 110, you'd be pretty chuffed with yourself, and rightly so. But because you're the level 110 you're acting like a sore loser. Sorry to be blunt, but that is the way you're coming across.

Yes, I get it, you're frustrated. Understandable. But that doesn't make it unfair, stupid design etc. In any pvp activity you're always going to have to have a winner and loser. That is the nature of PvP. Deal with it.

Also it is not the opposite, if a 86 can do 85 content great.
    but if an 86 can do better then a 110 in content simply because of their faction...
    Firstly, not everything in WoW has to be about who has the highest level, best equipment, most elite combat prowess. The game has that content aplenty, and if it's what you're looking for go do battlegrounds or arena etc.

Secondly, this really is ancient content, designed to pit large groups of players against each other. It was never built to be a 1v1 contest, so you'll just have to accept that when it is 1v1, this is what it is. By default it's easier to defend as 1v1. That's ok.

also how is it a contest of wits if it is literally impossible, he did literally nothing but just capture points... how is that "him outwitting me" when there is literally nothing i could have done to outwitt him?
    The point of the design is that a single player can defend Tol Barad from a lone attacker. The solution for the attacker seems obvious: go find someone to help you.

Ok so again. you would be fine with if in warsong gulch if no one got a flag capture, the horde won by default? you would be fine with thaty right?
    Seems like a bit of a strawman tbh.

Firstly, your opponent didn't win because of his faction. He won because his faction happened to control TB at the start. To all intents and purposes it's like he won a coin toss. So if I entered a WSG and at the end no one capped any flags and the winner was announced by coin toss - fine. It's as fair a mechanism as any.

It's simple: Tol Barad was NEVER about gear. It was about strategy. It was about keeping the enemy from flipping towers through strategic use of resources (ie people). The defending team ALWAYS had an advantage - it was up to the attacking team to properly use their resources in order to gain ground. If you had a group of raid-geared attackers and a group of quest-geared defenders, equally numbered, the defenders still had the better advantage, despite the gross gear variance, because they simply had to ensure that one tower remained in their grasp at the end of the game. That meant the attackers simply couldn't move en masse and wipe out the piddly defenders and grab a tower - they had to strategically deploy to each tower and actually fight to win and keep it.

Tol Barad is probably one of the best designed and most fair battleground scenarios in the game. It actually flipped on a regular basis between Alliance and Horde because even on faction-dominated servers, as long as you could fill the group on the other side, as long as you played smart, you could flip the battleground. It's only when interest waned that the gross imbalance began to be an issue, because there simply weren't enough of the non-dominant side to contend.

So, no - you don't understand how to play Tol Barad. If you want to 1 v 1 in there, you will never win, because it's not a strictly PvP scenario, it's a tower capture/defense scenario that includes PvP mechanics.

I'll break it down for you.

1. Read the f^&king manual.
    2. Nobody wants to group with someone who complains this much about game mechanics.
    3. Step 3 happens when you stop complaining and approach people in a positive way.
    4. (Obviously the fight)
    5. Cash in after your win.

- - - Updated - - -

As you stated: "Except i love how you compeltly ignore the fact that even if i am higher level, better geared, and more skilled, to beat this SOLO PLAYER i am REQUIRED to bring A GROUP"

So yeah, get in a group.
    1. uhhh what? ok where is this manual and how could it have caused me to be able to win tol barad.
    2. uhh ok then? cool then im suprised i get called a blizzard fanboi when you seem to be all about making sure no one ever disagrees with blizzards old content.
    3. uhh what? again you seem to be calling yourself a god, omnipresent and able to tell that i was super hostile to everyone that i tried to get to help.
    obviously i messeged people "you fucking prick come here and help me you fucker" obviously i did such a thing, and was in no way positive to people.
    4. uhh?
    5. ok then

and i tried, i tried for 2 hours and a half and it required getting help from someone on here.
    are you legit defending the concept that we should be required to make groups for 7 year old content?