Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    They did? I was not aware of it, lol.
    Yeah, it happened off-screen, it's confirmed via dev twitter. That's how "important" relationships and sexuality are in WoW
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-03-09 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    They did? I was not aware of it, lol.
    No one was, they confirmed it on twitter instead of ingame.

The only things that can come out of a character's relationship in this kind of game are:

1). A child that inherits their power
    2). A new perspective on the world
    3). An arc built around saving/losing their partner

1) only really works with heterosexual couples, and 2) and 3) can be done without any sexuality, as they can be friends, comrades or even enemies.

A character's sexual orientation and sexual preferences are as important as their favourite food or their birthday. They're fine for some flavour text, but I don't know what else people expect to get out of it. They aren't going to make a raid in which you defend Anduin's gay wedding from waves of homophobic demons or anything like that.

Warcraft has quite a few stories about children living up to their heroic parents legacy, or proving that they're better than their villanous parents. It doesn't work as well if they're adopted. Anduin or Wrathion having a biological child could be a major storyline, them adopting a random orphan from Stormwind wouldn't have as much potential.

5+ Year Old Account
    "No one blames Jaina for reacting to losing everything she worked for and everyone she loved." You bloody well should!

I don't care what you lost, genocide is not the right answer.

It's good that she could be talked down, but holy fuck no.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    The fact you use "retarded" like that shows you are are a twit with no real opinion.
    why? what is your logic here? to me, force headcanon is always retarded, no matter the subject, even more if is a tumblr lv fanfic

The fact is ppl wouldnt gave to make stuff up if blizzard would stop being shitty. They've had 10 years and havent made any gay characters in warcraft except for 2 pairs of dead lesbians. And any shitty wheaton can do that.
    irrelevant, making Anduin gay because pressure of minor fanbase is retarded, even more if you just force in stereotypes, put a Orc gay would be groundbreaking, or even a actually relationship with a human being, not a foking dragon

Assuming a character is straight until proven otherwise is homophobic and moronic.
    except he is show as straight and is show to like female draeneis and female dwarfs, moronic is assuming he is gay just because of his personality, bullshit of stereotype
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-03-09 at 01:19 PM.

I just noticed that Panser(Panzer?) - the TradeChat chick - is not on the Wowhead Weekly anymore. That show might actually be watchable now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    I just noticed that Panser(Panzer?) - the TradeChat chick - is not on the Wowhead Weekly anymore. That show might actually be watchable now.
    i member watching her freaking out about the zandalari druid forms, like it was a huge offense to the game LUL

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Her voice is so annoying >_> Few years ago I couldn't watch one of BC panel where she's a mod, it's just too painful...

Than of course there is Marcus....and his steamy romances. But he seems to be into anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The only things that can come out of a character's relationship in this kind of game are:

1). A child that inherits their power
    2). A new perspective on the world
    3). An arc built around saving/losing their partner

1) only really works with heterosexual couples, and 2) and 3) can be done without any sexuality, as they can be friends, comrades or even enemies.

A character's sexual orientation and sexual preferences are as important as their favourite food or their birthday. They're fine for some flavour text, but I don't know what else people expect to get out of it. They aren't going to make a raid in which you defend Anduin's gay wedding from waves of homophobic demons or anything like that.

Warcraft has quite a few stories about children living up to their heroic parents legacy, or proving that they're better than their villanous parents. It doesn't work as well if they're adopted. Anduin or Wrathion having a biological child could be a major storyline, them adopting a random orphan from Stormwind wouldn't have as much potential.
    Very nice points. I was going to cover some of it, but I opted for keeping my post short.
    Whatever...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Disagree. VEHEMENTLY.

There's no reason an adopted child couldn't be just as emotionally or plot effecting as a biological child. The fact that Hope Saldean/Vanessa VanCleef was adopted and it became a big identity reveal kinda proves that.

In fact, VanCleef shows that there's MORE you can do with an adopted child storyline.

1) Does anyone involved want to look for the biological parents?
    2) If others in the relationship don't, what kind of friction does this cause, if any?
    3) Is the child's care under their parents enough to sway any presumed biological intents?
    4) Was the child with their biological parents long enough that no amount of appropriate parenting can break the previous parent's impact on their personality?
    5) Do we know the original parents?
    6) Can it be revealed, later, for surprise?
    7) Are the original parents alive? Do they intend to return?
    8) Why did they choose to give up their child?

There's hundreds of questions you could ask and develop into story-elements and story-seeds about an adopted child that you can't with a biological child.

The only questions you can't carry over from biological to adopted are "Does the kid have their parent's genetic predispositions? The same disease as their new father/mother?" but it's a small price to pay for the -wealth- of new options.

Let's say Anduin and Wrathion wind up adopting some Westfall refugee and it's actually VanCleef's bastard kid. Does he grow up to be like Momma or does Anduin's influence keep him out of a life of crime? They adopt Admiral Taylor's kid. Does Wrathion's presence push him toward villainy and over the top clothing choices? Or does he stick with the Talylor Duty?

You can tell -more- stories with adopted kids, and all the oldies, too.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    They hold no such obligation. To say otherwise directly forces them to include token characters even if it's weak writing or doesn't make sense in a given context.
    You have no idea what you are talking about.

no one wants token characters

we want writers to not be so bigoted that when they naturally write that they forget that people exist.

bisexual, gay, and trans people are everywhere. If you write a story with a dozen characters and NONE of them are then it shows that when you Imagine people you only imagine them as straight, which is YOUR problem.

If a writer was having trouble trying to figure out how his protagonist was going to keep his food cold without letting it freeze in the freezer, and so made the person freeze it anyways...then you'd call him a bad writer because he forgot what a refrigerator was!

No one is 'obligated" to make diverse media. but ALL media is made by people, who live in the real world, which is extremely diverse. Even here in this 90,000 population west texas town i hear norwegian, haitian, and hindi accents. there are black people everywhere, and most people are latino. I have 2 coworkers who speak with french accents.

This is the "whitest straightest" part of our country and If i wrote a book that took place in a place "like i grew up" and all characters were Magically all white and straight and mostly men then that would make me a bad writer.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Disagree. VEHEMENTLY.

There's no reason an adopted child couldn't be just as emotionally or plot effecting as a biological child. The fact that Hope Saldean/Vanessa VanCleef was adopted and it became a big identity reveal kinda proves that.

In fact, VanCleef shows that there's MORE you can do with an adopted child storyline.

1) Does anyone involved want to look for the biological parents?
    2) If others in the relationship don't, what kind of friction does this cause, if any?
    3) Is the child's care under their parents enough to sway any presumed biological intents?
    4) Was the child with their biological parents long enough that no amount of appropriate parenting can break the previous parent's impact on their personality?
    5) Do we know the original parents?
    6) Can it be revealed, later, for surprise?
    7) Are the original parents alive? Do they intend to return?
    8) Why did they choose to give up their child?

There's hundreds of questions you could ask and develop into story-elements and story-seeds about an adopted child that you can't with a biological child.

The only questions you can't carry over from biological to adopted are "Does the kid have their parent's genetic predispositions? The same disease as their new father/mother?" but it's a small price to pay for the -wealth- of new options.

Let's say Anduin and Wrathion wind up adopting some Westfall refugee and it's actually VanCleef's bastard kid. Does he grow up to be like Momma or does Anduin's influence keep him out of a life of crime? They adopt Admiral Taylor's kid. Does Wrathion's presence push him toward villainy and over the top clothing choices? Or does he stick with the Talylor Duty?

You can tell -more- stories with adopted kids, and all the oldies, too.
    Moderators should ban you for your SJW propaganda.

and frankly the Anduin thing is pretty stupid

Kaelthas didnt have a kid, and Daelin's only child who could rule was a Traitor who was exiled.

The question of 'who will rule if anduin doesnt have a kid? so he has to be straight and breed" is a moronic one because he could 1)Die before he concieves a child. 2) even if he did it would be another 15+ years before he was ready to be king 3) child or not the kingdom would continue. If there is no king than a Reagent Lorde (i.e. Lor'themar) rules.

like....there is LITERALLY an example in game. NO proof that rulership has to pass via bloodlines, and regardless its a problem for 10 years from now.

There is literally no reason Anduin couldnt have a boyfriend(for example) because he can just...Pop one in a surogate sometimes in the next 20 years. Might just die, and If he dies and has no heir than Stormwind will have a Reagent lord .

You're BENDING OVER BACKWARDS to IGNORE THE LORE in order to make CHEAP EXCUSES as to why a character cant be gay.

Thats the definition of homophobia

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Moderators should ban you for your SJW propaganda.
    the only people who hate "social justice warriors" are "Antisocial injustice assassins."

like we get it, you hate people who arent straight white guys. go write on your blog about it. just keep it off the forum.

there isnt a single character in the game that has any reason for being straight. Even those in het relationships could be Bi.

to suggest otherwise is just bigotry.

and like...no one is suggesting they Rewrite the story. My point is there is no reasons.

People are homophobic and hate gay people and dont want them in the game. so they make up stupid reasons why anduin couldnt have a male love interest despite the fact that inheritance of the throne isnt something that would be an issue ever (see: surogate, Reagent lord, Magic). Even if he DID have a kid it wouldnt be for another 10 years most likely unless the writers want to force their politics into the game and give him a girlfriend the second he turns 18 so he can breed like a good kind and kill her off with a random thrown rock like tifin was because, what other purpose do women have right?
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

You have no idea what you are talking about.

no one wants token characters

we want writers to not be so bigoted that when they naturally write that they forget that people exist.

bisexual, gay, and trans people are everywhere. If you write a story with a dozen characters and NONE of them are then it shows that when you Imagine people you only imagine them as straight, which is YOUR problem.

If a writer was having trouble trying to figure out how his protagonist was going to keep his food cold without letting it freeze in the freezer, and so made the person freeze it anyways...then you'd call him a bad writer because he forgot what a refrigerator was!

No one is 'obligated" to make diverse media. but ALL media is made by people, who live in the real world, which is extremely diverse. Even here in this 90,000 population west texas town i hear norwegian, haitian, and hindi accents. there are black people everywhere, and most people are latino. I have 2 coworkers who speak with french accents.

This is the "whitest straightest" part of our country and If i wrote a book that took place in a place "like i grew up" and all characters were Magically all white and straight and mostly men then that would make me a bad writer.
    Creators are not obligated to include anything they don't want to. Whether or not you agree with their decision is YOUR problem.

My mind cannot and will not be changed on this subject. Feel free to reply if you want, but I'm going to ignore it.

Are there even any gay characters in the Warcraft universe? And by that I mean characters that are already proven to be gay - no fanfics or theorys.

just say you hate gay ppl and be done with it.

see i'll go first.

"I hate poop quests and i dont think they should be in the game"

That is my opinion, and the devs have a right to ignore it and probably will.

no you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    Than of course there is Marcus....and his steamy romances. But he seems to be into anything.
    Marcus values good banging above all else.

Man, woman, human, tauren, dragon in true form? All fair game to him :P

7+ Year Old Account

the only people who hate "social justice warriors" are "Antisocial injustice assassins."

like we get it, you hate people who arent straight white guys. go write on your blog about it. just keep it off the forum.
    Oh the irony...

There is literally no reason Anduin couldnt have a boyfriend(for example) because he can just.
    I don't remember anybody saying he can't have one. Just that there is no reason for this to be the case since he hasn't shown any sexual or romantic interest in males, but has for females.