Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Are there even any gay characters in the Warcraft universe? And by that I mean characters that are already proven to be gay - no fanfics or theorys.
    there are exactly 4 and only recently. 2 sets of dead lesbians (because apparently someone at blizz thought "lets be progressive *scrolls through tv tropes* "ah kill your gays, that has 'gay' in it? this should work"

in Azsuna a ghost sends you on a quest to put her wife's spirit to rest. after you defeat the..satyr? ghost she returns to the quest giver and becomes a vendor.

On argus you come across the dead body of a lightforged woman. And if i remember correctly you bring it back to one of the main npcs and she asks you to check on her 'partner" who if i remember correctly you come across her body.

A few people have tried to shut up gay players by suggesting that the Red Smoke Pandaren guy was bi because blizzard failed to put in a different dialogue based on the gender of the player,

and there is the alleged attempt in the shrine of 7 stars. In which a human woman and a dwarf woman with the same last name blow kisses at each other.

its an obvious(ly bad) attempt to make them seem gay but as far as anyone knows they met there and thought it was funny they had the same last name (as happens in the real world) and joke with each other.

oh well i guess there is one more example. In the monk order hall there is a woman named after one of the developers, training, and another named after her wife cheering her on and getting Heart icons over her head.

so 2 background npc lesbians
    2 alleged lesbians
    and 4 dead lesbians
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Are there even any gay characters in the Warcraft universe? And by that I mean characters that are already proven to be gay - no fanfics or theorys.
    No. Few bromances (and its female equivalent). MoP Steamy Romance novel made an offhand comment about female pandaren's girlfriend and then there's the whole sword shaft polishing of WoD Steamy Romance novel...

Last time I checked, any character's sexuality is not really about the BfA Alpha, so could we possibly get back to at least something a little more related to the topic?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I don't remember anybody saying he can't have one. Just that there is no reason for this to be the case since he hasn't shown any sexual or romantic interest in males, but has for females.
    Pretty sure thats wrong. Maybe you havent seen it but people have been arguing against it from mists of pandaria.

its always "he cant be gay cus he has to have a baby" for some reason.

and of course bisexuality exists.

If one werent 'pandering' to anybody and trying to be 'logical and objective' it would be safest to assume every character is pansexual (bisexual) until they explicitely state they arent attracted to a certain gender (which there would be little reason to ever do).

But the writing team has Pandered to the myth of the 'typical gamer" which is typecast as straight white guys" and so has put in multiple cases of heterosexual, obviously meant to be straight, romance even when it didnt make sense. You have two brothers fighting over a girl who doesnt even like 1 of them. You have a mage and paladin fighting over a girl even though they both dont respect her. You have Moira's love story, you have Varian and his tragic loss of his wife, you have Thrall and Aggra's love story that spanned 2 years and yielded 2 babies at the first chance. Which, not to belittle him, i'm 120% sure was a side effect of Metzen wanting to settle down and retire as he realized he wanted to raise his kids. Nothing wrong with that. Its just so ....

Like You cant argue about agenda's or sexuality because its all so blatant. The classic het romances are literally all over this game.

it would be different if romance was barely anywhere. "we dont care about anyones sexuality, its a game about war". Well ppl ignored it when Jaina stopped seeing thrall, hooked up with a male dragon, and thrall hooked up and had 2 babies, the Tyrande love triangle is still going on in Legion.

Its very CONVENIENT that when heterosexual storylines are forced on the fans people at most ignore it, and at best identify it.

but the second someone even suggest gayness all the plebians come out of the woodwork to say they suddenly dont care about it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Sam View Post
    Last time I checked, any character's sexuality is not really about the BfA Alpha, so could we possibly get back to at least something a little more related to the topic?
    this didnt work last time. but point of fact discussing if Wrathion will be in BFA , how his story will affect anduin, and if Jaina and Valeera will finally tie the knot and unify the Alliance is all BFA discussion.

We are literally talking about the future of the wow storyline. And its the people who dont want gays in warcraft that are derailing it
    Last edited by tristannarutofan; 2018-03-09 at 02:25 PM.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    Really people? Seriously? You've gone on for pages about possible pixel people being gay...are you that bored? I, for one, says "Who cares"? So what if they're gay, so what if they're straight, bi, trans..whatever......who the hell cares? Does their sexuality affect the game? No. If it were mentioned would that make players "turn" gay or whatever? Probably if the mentality of trade chat and forum chat holds true. Who cares...just who cares? People are people, pixels are pixels...let them live the way they want and leave them alone. I feel so stupid saying leave pixel people alone...but hey.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Really people? Seriously? You've gone on for pages about possible pixel people being gay...are you that bored? I, for one, says "Who cares"? So what if they're gay, so what if they're straight, bi, trans..whatever......who the hell cares? Does their sexuality affect the game? No. If it were mentioned would that make players "turn" gay or whatever? Probably if the mentality of trade chat and forum chat holds true. Who cares...just who cares? People are people, pixels are pixels...let them live the way they want and leave them alone. I feel so stupid saying leave pixel people alone...but hey.
    The anti-"SJW" brigade has proven that horseshoe theory is correct in that they have become vastly more annoying than their brethren.

Telling people not to care about something despite them obviously caring about something has rarely ever worked.

You don't understand. Apathy is worse than outright being hateful. You need to care about their gender and sexual preference. However, if you're okay with the fact that they're heterosexual or their gender identity conforms to their biological sex then you are literally the devil and are personally enslaving alphabet people if not outright killing them.

How dare you murder innocents!

Thrall the most powerful shaman on the planet didnt come back to the horde to regain the mantle of warchief because he's straight and has babies. Jaina was calmed a bit because she's straight and shacked up with a dragon.

One of the main characters Korialstrazs was greatly motivated by his love for his wife, alextrasza.

so yes peoples sexuality have affected the game and the story

but you are right. All characters in the game should be gay or bi since there is no reason for anyone to be straight, I hope you wil tell anyone trying to silence gay voices exactly that.

anyways its easy to say b.s like that when you dont care about gay people and dont want them in your stories. "who cares"....the fans, the publishers that tell the writers that they cant make that character gay? I know a writer whos told several times by his employers he cant make a character gay.

Like how the hell do you live in a world where the most powerful person in the world picked a guy who wants to torture the gay out of children, who will be the most powerful person in the world if the first one gets his butt killed by kim jong un, and say something so ignorant?

"who cares if they are gay"

Millions of bigots obviously

if no one cared we'd be 'what if he's gay" and everyone would be like "ok" and thats the end of it. this discussion has gone on for so long because ppl here dont want gays in their story, /thread

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post

this didnt work last time. but point of fact discussing if Wrathion will be in BFA , how his story will affect anduin, and if Jaina and Valeera will finally tie the knot and unify the Alliance is all BFA discussion.

We are literally talking about the future of the wow storyline. And its the people who dont want gays in warcraft that are derailing it
    OK. Until Wrathion is confirmed to be in BfA, and even moreso, until anything is confirmed with a source from the devs of actual confirmation of any of this being true, it is not BfA discussion, and is just what some people may hope happens. I would rather go back to talking about Vulpera or Kul'tirans being druids or Zandalari being paladins, then discussion about the sexuality of certain characters and where it may go. If the devs include it in the game, and the narrative of the story is affected by it, then it is fair game, but at this time, it is just people making it what they want.

I can think of 3 examples, 2 times it's a matter of minor NPCs(2 Night elven females and 2 NPCs in Shrine of 7 stars) and one is about a text in Steamy Romance.

That's all. And truth to be told I'm glad that this is not prominent because it would annoy me a lot, as it shouldn't be the main focus of the game.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

OK. Until Wrathion is confirmed to be in BfA, and even moreso, until anything is confirmed with a source from the devs of actual confirmation of any of this being true, it is not BfA discussion, and is just what some people may hope happens. I would rather go back to talking about Vulpera or Kul'tirans being druids or Zandalari being paladins, then discussion about the sexuality of certain characters and where it may go. If the devs include it in the game, and the narrative of the story is affected by it, then it is fair game, but at this time, it is just people making it what they want.
    This is you, shaming people for talking about something that they hope may happen, while talking about something you hope may happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I can think of 3 examples, 2 times it's a matter of minor NPCs(2 Night elven females and 2 NPCs in Shrine of 7 stars) and one is about a text in Steamy Romance.

That's all. And truth to be told I'm glad that this is not prominent because it would annoy me a lot, as it shouldn't be the main focus of the game.
    True. I still think all the fuss Overwatch got for Tracer being a lesbian was more annoying than anything else, even though it was mostly positive fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Thrall the most powerful shaman on the planet didnt come back to the horde to regain the mantle of warchief because he's straight and has babies. Jaina was calmed a bit because she's straight and shacked up with a dragon.

One of the main characters Korialstrazs was greatly motivated by his love for his wife, alextrasza.

so yes peoples sexuality have affected the game and the story

but you are right. All characters in the game should be gay or bi since there is no reason for anyone to be straight, I hope you wil tell anyone trying to silence gay voices exactly that.

anyways its easy to say b.s like that when you dont care about gay people and dont want them in your stories. "who cares"....the fans, the publishers that tell the writers that they cant make that character gay? I know a writer whos told several times by his employers he cant make a character gay.

Like how the hell do you live in a world where the most powerful person in the world picked a guy who wants to torture the gay out of children, who will be the most powerful person in the world if the first one gets his butt killed by kim jong un, and say something so ignorant?

"who cares if they are gay"

Millions of bigots obviously

if no one cared we'd be 'what if he's gay" and everyone would be like "ok" and thats the end of it. this discussion has gone on for so long because ppl here dont want gays in their story, /thread
    You now realize that the people who argue that they're fine with gay characters who are "done right", will never actually accept a gay character because they will never be done right to them. The only ones that are done right are the ones we don't know are gay.

This is you, shaming people for talking about something that they hope may happen, while talking about something you hope may happen.
    The difference being that Vulpera, Kul Tirans and Zandalari are definitely connected to BfA, while this whole sexuality discussion could be applied to any expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The difference being that Vulpera, Kul Tirans and Zandalari are definitely connected to BfA, while this whole sexuality discussion could be applied to any expansion.
    If that includes BfA then that's wrong how? In the end it boils down to speculation about where the story is heading - mind the few people who take this way too serious.

Well, Vulpera is an actual thing in BfA, and at least the other two are talking about races that are confirmed to be in BfA, but I will recede from the classes part. If Wrathion is confirmed to be in BfA, and if any quest or broadcast text is talking about it, then it is free game. But at this point, it has nothing to do with BfA.

Basically, everything that axi0m said in the post after mine. I am not saying don't talk about it. Just talk about it in a different thread.
    Last edited by MadamSerenity; 2018-03-09 at 02:53 PM.

Now I remember why I check out of the Beta/Alpha threads for days at a time and don't bother catching up. PLEASE take these discussions elsewhere, they are all great topics to discuss at length and I do enjoy reading people's viewpoints/idealogies/etc but not in this thread. I am in this thread to post, share and read about news and things that relate specifically to the Alpha/Beta, not political and socio-political discussions as they pertain to real life or Warcraft characters.
    Sarkhoza(Neglected) Thanos(Neglected) Saronus(New (Old) Main. WIP.)
    <Crux> Zul'jin - US

#TeamWaycrestHallowsEnd

If that includes BfA then that's wrong how? In the end it boils down to speculation about where the story is heading - mind the few people who take this way too serious.
    This thread is (supposed to be) about stuff that is specific to BfA. The whole sexuality topic should be in the general or lore forum since it isn't specific to any one expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Anduin ain't gay. Stop wasting your breath and fingers over the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I would rather go back to talking about Vulpera or Kul'tirans being druids or Zandalari being paladins [...]
    Soooo... Zandalari should be Paladins/Prelates. /discuss
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.